Goodbye Jesus

Videos - My Youtube Deconversion Series

HistorySkptc

Hello, Ex-C. I can't say when I first came to this site, might've been a few years ago, or maybe it was longer, I don't know. It seems like I found myself here when I was just coming out of Christianity in 2003. I feel like I did read a story or two, but my memory is hazy. Anyway, instead of really getting into it here, I found myself going back over and over again for the next several years to some sort of supernatural/mystical state of mental operation. It was difficult to shake. But here I am now at 31 y.o., inspired by the illustrious Prplfox to contribute to Ex-C. He and Evid3nc3 were pivotal in my decision to create my own YT deconversion series. It was an emotionally exhausting process, but well worth it. The catharsis of it all, man, I'm glad I got it all out in the open. So here it is...the first two parts of my audiovisual testimony, the next two will be in the follow-up post:

Note: my Ex-C handle is HistorySkptc b/c of the 12 character limit, though my YT name is HistorySkeptic.

• Like 1

Here are the next two vids:

I hope you enjoy them and that you get something out of them. Given the beliefs of all those people I'd known in my life for the first 23 years, and all of those fervent Protestant ancestors of mine, this was never supposed to have happened. But it did, despite the long odds.

I watched them all. Excelllent.

Just wanted to say thanks for the videos. I know how aggravating it is to put so much work into videos, and then no one comments!

And thanks for not using a god-awful microphone like some of the other deconversion videos on YouTube - I managed to sit through all of your vids without shutting them off GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

One point you made that resonated with me was the fact that you disregarded education, since Jesus was coming back anyway. This is one of the reasons I had disdain for my education, and of course it made me worse off. Now I'm 30 years old and have to play catch up like Billy Madison. I don't remember much about being taught evolution in high school. Only one instance where the answer I wrote was that I didn't believe it. I guess I had the shield of faith and the helmet of salvation on, so no science and logic could penetrate THIS disciple!

I guess I had the shield of faith and the helmet of salvation on, so no science and logic could penetrate THIS disciple!

I forgot all about that metaphor! (Isn't there a sword in there somewhere?) It's a funny observation and a sad one at the same time.

those were great. your story is very similar to mine in that right before i deconverted i was on a EXTREME jesus high. but soon as any high does it wore off and i was laft with nothing but a empty feeling in my head and a bible in my hand. i too lost my faith kicking and screaming right to the point where i no longer even tried to feel the presance of god. i wouldent even become a athiest for a while latter till i started to learn a simple yet so complex subject, history.

welcome to Ex C

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent videos. It's pretty amazing how similar our stories are, I hope you don't mind that I've shared them on my blogs Facebook fanpage and if it's OK I'd like to use them in a future post on my blog...if that would be ok?

Excellent videos. It's pretty amazing how similar our stories are, I hope you don't mind that I've shared them on my blogs Facebook fanpage and if it's OK I'd like to use them in a future post on my blog...if that would be ok?

Yeah man, feel free to spread them around. I actually made them kinda general on purpose. I just feel like the trajectory of my deconversion is pretty common, but that not too many people are open about it... because of the embarassment of having believed that stuff and not wanting to disturb old friends and family.

Religious Indoc -> Adolescent intensification -> College Knowledge -> Recession & Re-orientation

• Like 1

historySkptc, I am so forever grateful for you folks who go through what you do to help the rest of us out. These video's are fabulous. The music in the background is perfect. Your story fascinated me. So many points I wrote down while listening. Like being told you had a very special 'mission'. I was told that.

I lovvvvvved your question;''What is a normal childhood''. Wow! All the same questions I had for so long like, ''What if they are all wrong??''

I too have been kicking and screaming for years - I didn't realize that I was actually deconverting for all these years!!:twitch:

Isacc Asimar was right: ''Properly read, The bible is the most potent source for atheism ever concieved''..............

I am really looking forward to hearing more from you. And again -Thank you for sharing these! 'Plus 1' medal goes to you.:Medal: