Goodbye Jesus

Companies Who Gay Bash

Stamps1962

I was out walking today and a truck from a local plumbing company was parked in my neighbor's driveway. As I passed I noticed the back of the truck was decorated with an image of an American flag and the statement- "God protect America" and below that "from abortion, divorce and Homosexuals."

You know, that company has the right to do this, but it is extremely stupid. I found myself wondering what I'd do if some yokel showed up for a repair appointment and parked in my driveway with that garbage? I think I'd tell him to pack up and leave. It just astounds me that people see nothing wrong with this.

• Like 1

I was out walking today and a truck from a local plumbing company was parked in my neighbor's driveway. As I passed I noticed the back of the truck was decorated with an image of an American flag and the statement- "God protect America" and below that "from abortion, divorce and Homosexuals."

You know, that company has the right to do this, but it is extremely stupid. I found myself wondering what I'd do if some yokel showed up for a repair appointment and parked in my driveway with that garbage? I think I'd tell him to pack up and leave. It just astounds me that people see nothing wrong with this.

In Tennessee, a company can gay bash all they want and not be fined by it.

Umm... isn't 'gay bashing' of this sort legal in all 50 states? You know- free speech and all.

• Like 1

They forgot one on that list. "and from fundamentalist Christians."

I wonder what would be the backlash if anyone put that on the back of their vehicle. Would it be called discrimination? Or something that the law could get a hold of?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I don't think new legislation is in order - the free speech guaranteed by the Constitution seems sufficient.

But back to the OP, it's just stupid to put anything on a commercial vehicle other than the company name. Irritating potential customers is bad business.

• Like 1

They forgot one on that list. "and from fundamentalist Christians."

I wonder what would be the backlash if anyone put that on the back of their vehicle. Would it be called discrimination? Or something that the law could get a hold of?

Hmm I think hate crime legislation only applies if an actual crime occurs, the free speech is legal even if it might be in bad taste.

Any company that does discriminate is shooting themselves in the foot though as they are effectively losing customers (effectively huge segments of human society!) due to their ideology.

I definitely wouldn't do business with them- but it's their right to say whatever stupid shit they want.

• Super Moderator

What a stupid business practice. But at least if I see a truck like that, I know NOT to do business with them. (Just like I always avoid businesses who have the little xtian fishy sign on their advertisements!)

What a stupid business practice. But at least if I see a truck like that, I know NOT to do business with them. (Just like I always avoid businesses who have the little xtian fishy sign on their advertisements!)

I too decline to give my business to overtly Christian companies. I like Chik-Fil-A, but I won't eat there. If I see the cross, I cross them off my list.

I think for some businesses such religious displays work out O.K. Some folks probably think a devout Christian won't rip them off. :HaHa:

Some folks probably think a devout Christian won't rip them off. :HaHa:

That's exactly right. Too often one hears the complaint, by Christians after having been ripped off by a Christian business, "They're Christians so I thought I could trust them!"

Yeah, people can put what they want on a bumper sticker as freedom of speech but consumers can also boycott such businesses by publishing their bigotry in the local newspaper as well. Organize a boycott and publish why the business needs to change its attitude if it wants to continue doing business with the public.

• Like 1