Goodbye Jesus

The Earth is not moving

mrtruth

Right, where's my flame thrower?

I guess if you are going to take on the whole human enterprise of science, you might as well as start with Copernicus and work from there.

Over the centuries, superstars in the physical sciences established the Copernican model as an unchallenged fact. This success paved the way for conquest of the biological sciences (Darwin et al). This transvaluation of values and philosophy (Nietzsche et al) then quickly spread to the social and behavioral sciences (Marx, Freud et al), to mathematics (Einstein et al), the Arts (Picasso et al), Education (Dewey et al), and so on through today's media reinforcement of all of the above. ..As the 21st Century gets its feet wet, man's "knowledge" is almost totally secularized and the Bible all but ignored as the source of absolute Truth from God Himself. ..The "sciences" reign supreme, and they do so because of the victory of Copernicanism over the Bible's motionless earth.

But do they argue science against itself?

Look at the list of other Geo-centristist:

• Gerardus D. Bouw, Ph.D.  Astronomer..

His books are available at: 4527 Wetzel Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44109. Dr. Bouw also edits the quarterly publication: The Biblical Astronomer.

• Walter van der Kamp, Educator (Deceased early '98). His book De LABORE SOLIS (The Labor of the Sun)--now out of print--has been a seminal work in the modern challenge to Copernican heliocentricity.

• R.G. Elmendorf, Mechanical Engineer. His book HELIOCENTRIC HUMBUG ..(A Critical Investigation of the Foucault ..Pendulum) is ..available from: Elmendorf Engineering, ..Bairdford, PA 15006 ($7)

• Jonathan F. Henry, Ph.D., Physics. His 51 page ..monograph -- SOLAR SYSTEM MODELS -- is ..available from Dr. Henry at Clearwater Christian ..College, 3400 Gulf-to-Bay, Clearwater, FL 34619 ($5)

• Martin Gwynne, Essayist, London, England ..(different titles...Write: Box 554, London W8 6RS)

All but one seem to have a grounding in the mathematical sciences.

I wonder how they can argue with Copernican principles against Copernican principles and make a cohesive argument?

Bah.

Silly people.

These people slay me.

Here is a question for 'the earth is not only at the center of solar system, it doesn't rotate on its own axis either' crowd:

Why don't DirecTV satellite dishes have to be continually adjusted? Why are they bolted in place? If the earth isn't rotating and the DirecTV satellites are orbiting the earth, shouldn't ground receivers have to track their paths across the sky like telescopes do with stars and radio sources?

Explain. Show your work.

Well, under the avalanche of all that evidence, I think it pretty much proves that God was right when He made the earth stationary and then wrote the bible. Anyone else want to reconvert now? Come on, let's all go back.

But seriously, he is CORRECT! The bible (and therefore God) clearly says that the earth is stationary. All bible-believing Christians SHOULD agree, or else be forced to admit an error (or that they have sin in thier lives).

That web site is a great example of Christian science*.

(*Disclaimer: "Christian science" should not be confused with, nor is it affiliated with Christian Science.)

Is this a clever satire or just true? This people need to be satirised, if true.

:Doh:

Okay I understand some people consider themselves the center of the universe, but come on!

Really it's a shame there are people like this. Grasping so desperately at whatever straws they can to justify their beliefs. Which in turn only justifies their own sense of self-importance.

How limited.

mr truth...

What bugs me about this and allied *christian science* is this:

The sectarian cats have enough problems in the ether_world_of_their_dieties already, now they wish to try and play "hard science" using same texts....

Can't prove their skIe BuDDiE exists to anyones satisfaction, but they can try and fudge and fumble through *science* and "prove its works".

"Figures rarely lie, but liars always figure.."

n, sceptic and believer of ballistics

Guest BeMuseMe

Egad, what silliness. They will not only have to prove that the sun orbits the earth but everything else as well. Can not have the earth at the center and have the other planets wandering about all willy-nilly can they? I say more power to them. They will only drive more people towards true science with this nonsense. They should invite these idiots to present their "evidence" at some legitimate scientific academy. I would love to see that blood bath televised.

Read this link....and then cry as I am right now...

http://www.fixedearth.com/

Padded cells, anyone? :lmao:

Y'know....and I'm going out on a limb here.....

If God created the universe, we're one of billions of planets that probably have sentient life, if not all bipedal homid. If that's the case, why does Earth technically still have to be the center of our galaxy, if God can pick any planet he wants? Do all of the stars in the galaxy revolve around Earth, too? 'cuz if so, the builders on Magrathea are probably going to charge us triple.

Well, if you want to get really technical, you can probably describe a (really thorny) system of equations using the Earth as the arbitrary center of the universe and derive from there. Center in these terms is really more of a matter of arithmatic convienence than anything else. Reference frames and all that.

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on one's point of View" --Obi Wan Kenobi

'Course I doubt that this is the version of geocentrism that this joker is talking about.

I have a few thoughts, so forgive my apparent rambling...

I think it's very strongly implied in Genesis that god made Earth and then all those other things to fill up the sky-- the sky of Earth. So the church position is that we are at the center. The church, for the most part, doesn't accept the possibility that there could be other people on other planets-- only invisible angels on invisible planes! When I was a Xian I tried to tell others like me there could be life elsewhere, but it's like talking to a fish. They just hear mwhhfmw hmwmfhw hmwhfm hfwwmhf and wonder where it's coming from...

Science and knowledge are thorns in the side of Christianity, and if they could eliminate them, they would. (Like they used to in the good ol' days)

Speaking of fish, I think the church is like a fish. Fairly harmless until it gets big enough to fit you into its mouth.

Guest yoshi

While this site is defintely looney, it can be argued scientifically that the earth is the center of the universe. But for that matter, you can argue that any point is the center of the universe because of relativity and all that shit

Speaking of fish, I think the church is like a fish.  Fairly harmless until it gets big enough to fit you into its mouth.

I'd like mine grilled with a squeeze of lemon and a side of steak fries.

:yum:

I really hope it's a satire. Unfortunately, there seems to be rather too much of it for that. It's turtles all the way down! :blink:

I love how his idea originated...its so rational:

Levitating Globe

"An electromagnet and computerized sensor hidden in its

display stand cause the Earth to levitate motionlessly in the air."

Could God have engineered something like that for the real Earth?

The Bible and all real evidence confirms that this is precisely what He did, and indeed:

The Earth is not rotating...nor is it going around the sun.

:Doh::dumbo:

Of course the earth doesn't sit stationary in space. Everyone knows that Atlas is holding up the earth with his own strength and walks around with it on his back.

:lmao: