Goodbye Jesus

Confessing Your Sins To God

musicpoetry

When I was trying to find God I was told to confess my sins. I never understood that. If god is omniscient then why did I have to confess my sins? If he already saw everything what was the point of confessing? Confessing implies that I kept something from God. If god knows everything and can see everything you do how can you hide it? I doesn't make any sense to me. Ever since I was little I would feel bad about having bad thoughts because I knew God could hear those thoughts. Because of this, when I prayed I wouldn't really pray. I would just think because I knew God already knew everything.

This ties into a phrase that bothers me. "Fear God" Why? Why do I have to fear God? Yes, it's scary to think he can see everything, but why be afraid if he already knows everything you're going to do? This always confused me, but I've never told anyone about it. It also feels useless to talk about because I don't believe in God at the moment, but I just had to put my thoughts somewhere.

See, there you go and start thinking. It's not supposed to make sense, you're just supposed to do what the babble tells you don't you know.

I see fireworks going off in your head. Keep going you're on the right track!

When I was trying to find God I was told to confess my sins. I never understood that. If god is omniscient then why did I have to confess my sins? If he already saw everything what was the point of confessing? Confessing implies that I kept something from God. If god knows everything and can see everything you do how can you hide it? I doesn't make any sense to me. Ever since I was little I would feel bad about having bad thoughts because I knew God could hear those thoughts. Because of this, when I prayed I wouldn't really pray. I would just think because I knew God already knew everything.

This ties into a phrase that bothers me. "Fear God" Why? Why do I have to fear God? Yes, it's scary to think he can see everything, but why be afraid if he already knows everything you're going to do? This always confused me, but I've never told anyone about it. It also feels useless to talk about because I don't believe in God at the moment, but I just had to put my thoughts somewhere.

A dash of logic goes a long way to refuting much of the xian beliefs and dogma.

BTW god can see everything because he resides in your head. This is why when you apply rational thought, it is the equivalent of an antivirus package. For this same reason, god knows what you think as your thought are his too. He also happens to hate everything you do too.

But xians refuse to acknowledge it is all in the mind lest they lose it. So sad but hey we were all citizens of dumbfuckistan before we escaped.:grin:

Thank you for your replies! One thing I forgot to mention on this topic was that I was raised Hindu and I learned that God knows everything you think and to fear him while I was Hindu. So it wasn't just Christianity for me. I had learned about confessing sins from my Christian friends, and I didn't understand it back then. The only time I even came close to confessing my sins was in a prayer meeting at school in the Christian club I was a part of when I was searching for the truth. I still can't say that I was ever Christian, but there was a period where I believed that Christianity was right and what I'd been raised to believe was all wrong and it felt horrible. Now I don't agree with either of them although I haven't really given Hinduism a chance (in terms of reading and studying it) because I haven't looked into it as much as I did with Christianity. Everything I learned about Hinduism was through word of mouth. A major reason for that is that I'm surrounded by Christian culture and I think that even my beliefs as a Hindu were mixed with Christian beliefs as I grew up. There are many English versions of the Bible. Not so many versions of Hindu texts in English that I have access to and if I do I see Christian viewpoints in them. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by just giving up and not doing any research on Hinduism, but I'm just tired of religion right now...

BTW god can see everything because he resides in your head. This is why when you apply rational thought, it is the equivalent of an antivirus package. For this same reason, god knows what you think as your thought are his too. He also happens to hate everything you do too.

I love this!