Goodbye Jesus

How Was Jesus Even A Sacrifice?

Guest bornagainx2

I was reading "War"by Sebastian Junger, a soldier made the point that Jesus, when he died, knew where he was going, so it wasn't much of a sacrifice. But that the soldier's comrades likewise died for each other, yet they had no idea where they were going, so the soldiers' sacrifices took much more bravery.

Goodbye Jesus

You're not the only one who's noticed the oddness of the sacrifice proposition.

God killed himself to change the rule of damnation he created himself. jesus.gificon_scratch_head.gif

It's a bit like the quandary that pertains to Judas. He's the villain of the NT and yet, I see him as a hero. If it weren't for his actions, Jesus would have never had cause to say, "It is accomplished". crucified.gif

It's actually very simple. Blood sacrifices existed in the pagan religions. The reasoning was probably that since the gods were invisible spirits and the soul was the same, then if the gods were angry and you had to give them a gift, food and material things wouldn't do, but you had to give the gods a gift that was a spirit, just like them, i.e. an animal or a human.

Jesus was nothing but a human sacrifice, just like the kind that was outlawed in the Torah, and he was sacrificed to appease the gods. And why would it had to be a son of God? Because what would be the most valuable and expensive "soul" you could give? The spirit of a god, of course.