Goodbye Jesus

How To Christians Explain This; The American Indians

Kaiser01

ok so we all know the story of the flood and how god killed evrything for his mistake.

most fundamentalist think that the earth is 6000 years old and about 2000 years passed before the flood started. so this would put the time at about 2000 BC when only 8 people and magicaly 2 of every animal could completly repopulate the earth in such a short time.

there are a few things you must first take into consideration such as enviormental adaptation of animals. the animals you could say would return to their "natural" habitat but only after crossing inhosbitable deserts or freezing tundras (crossing the bering strait to get to the americas). you also must take into consideration most christians who study this they think the world had no oceans or large bodies of water before the flood, but that means that the animals would have no concepts of where to migrate too in the new world. also with the water levels being so high how would they travel there anyways? animals dont jsut do random things becuase they think it would be fun they do what is practical so there would be no reason for lamas to travel from turkey to the andean mountians. some how they overcame all these problems still in time to repopulate the entire west in time to be recorded by human development.

then humans.

humans like animals do not do random things on a mass scale becuase they think it would be fun, they do what is practical. this means humans would not mass migrate in such a short time from mesopatamia to africa shael region, new guinia, southeast asia and most importantly mesoamerica (the 5 areas of independent farming) becuase why would they need to move? they are making their early lives in mesopatamia so why would they need to move to these far distant lands all the suden with out first developing all the areas inbetweeen.

the time it would take humans to make their way to the west over higher sea levels and enviormental boundries still in time to make civilization does not fit their idea of 4000 years of post flood history at all.

it seems this fundamental question is ignored by christians all together and anyone who is interesting in human development this strikes a interesting question... how did the indians get here and why was the west so difrent ecologicaly from the east?

also i think that i have a interesting explination for the statement "they found the ark on mount ararat", there was a kingdom that existed there called Urartu. it is more likley this "thing" they found on the ark was a construction work of this kingdom around the time of 1000 BC.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

On the Ark was Noah's sons and their wives; those sons and wives moved aross the world to reinhabit the lands--that is their explanation even though it would lead to severe inbreeding.

You can't expect people who believe in something like Noah's Ark to worry much about the details or to be consistent. The fact that they believe the story in the first place is enough for me to dismiss them.

You can't expect people who believe in something like Noah's Ark to worry much about the details or to be consistent. The fact that they believe the story in the first place is enough for me to dismiss them.

Noah had three wives, one black one Asian and one Caucasian and then they interbred with his sons who were really someone else's son's because the wives slept around on him and due to a freak accident of nature managed to build a time machine so they could go back 8000year and build the pyramids and then...

Trust me. Its true. Would I lie to you?

Guest Babylonian Dream

They're running from facts and are at a war against all logic. You're line of thinking runs contrary to their way of faith, or believing despite any facts.

• 2 weeks later...

Better question is Population Bottlenecking:

LINK!

No riddle me this: We know that cheetahs in the past 10,000 years were nearly driven to the brink of extinction: so bad all cheetahs have extremely close genetics, indicative of having had gone through a crisis which basically wrecked their diverse gene pool. They are still so closely related they can take skin grafts from other cheetahs without any biological rejection. Humans can barely do that crap without close blood relatives. Seriously.

There's also some postulations humans bottle-necked 70,000 years ago, and that was less than 200k individuals, possible. Imagine the problems, complications, and inevitable extinction of humans if there were ten who are all pretty much related.

Northern Elephant seals is a modern example. And the Golden Hamster. All have very very very low genetic diversity. If a disease or ecological disaster hit them: Pfft, they're gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of genetic diversity is also behind the contagious facial cancer afflicting Tasmanian Devils that is killing large numbers of them.

Didn't you know that the american indians killed jesus. Thats why their skin is red. Derp.

Didn't you know that the american indians killed jesus. Thats why their skin is red. Derp.

2 Nephi 5: 21- 'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6- 'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

The explanation I used to buy was that in the Garden of Eden, there were no genetic defects; maybe we even had extra DNA and have lost some since. With the perfect DNA, there was no harm in inbreeding, which is why it was totally ok that Cain's wife was his sister. But as the Curse spread, things went downhill, eventually getting bad enough that God had to outlaw inbreeding because of the harm to the DNA. But it wasn't too bad at the time of Noah, and there were few bad genes and higher genetic diversity back then, which is why so few people could repopulate the earth. And the whole different races thing? That's because at the Tower of Babel our DNA was still pretty safe, but every scattered into such small groups (maybe as small as a single breeding pair), and since the DNA was so spread out, that's where all the races came from.

Don't ask me to defend any of that. It fell apart for me once I learned more science.

Oh, and the ice canopy, can't forget the ice canopy! That's what used to keep the earth as a happy greenhouse so that even the poles were inhabitable, and it kept out all the bad UV. But the in the flood, that's where much of the water came from, so the UV started pouring in and that's another reason we have such bad DNA now, is that the lack of the ice canopy makes us mutate faster.

Then there's the random verse about Peleg that gets translated as super fast continental drift, so it's totally possible that after the flood, everyone spread out on one supercontinent, and once people were spread out, then the continents moved away from each other. (In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm.)

Genesis 10:25 "And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan."

Starting at verse 21, it looks like Peleg was 4 generations younger than Shem. Assuming people live to 120 (which was the limit set after the flood) and have kids late and Peleg is the youngest of the youngest.... ok, let's say women were fertile until 60, that gives us 240 years after the flood that Peleg is born, and sometime in his lifetime the earth divided. Also, there seem to be 2-5 males born to each generation, so let's pretend there's enough women to go around and they all marry. So there's Noah and his wife, then Shem, Ham, and Japeth and their wives. Assuming Noah's wife hasn't hit menopause, that's 4 breeding pairs that birth ~4 breeding pairs each. Assuming this 4 thing continues, then there's 1024 breeding pairs of humans, total, on the entire earth when the continent split. That sounds really, really lonely.

2 Nephi 5: 21- 'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6- 'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

haha i have actualy read most of the book of mormon and it is actualy a pretty cool read but lmao at some of the shit these people buy.

Ice canopy. Woah.