Goodbye Jesus

Looking for people to interview

Guest Rose_Gardener

Guest Rose_Gardener

Hello...

I am looking for individuals willing to be interviewed for a manuscript. It does not matter whether you consider yourself Christian, or not. The issues covered in this manuscript affect all people. The manuscript will focus on the following:

1. How one's view of the God impacts the way we treat ourselves, other individuals, other cultures and the earth.

2. This manuscript will look at the impact of Judeo/Christian Bible interpretation on a person's view of God.

In order to show the reality of these issues I am hoping to interview several people about their personal experiences.

If you are interested in this project please respond to this post.

In Peace

Rose_Gardener

Rose Gardener,

Would you be PM'ing us an interview?

I will do it if it doesn't take too long. 30 minutes tops please.

Peace,

GB

I'll do it.

You can either call or email me (see my profile for my number).

Sure. You can contact me if you want.

Guest Rose_Gardener

Yes, the interviews would be handled through the PM system. Each interview is a Q&A correspondence, rather than a one-time sheet to fill out.

Any other questions?

In Peace:

Rose

Rose Gardener,

Would you be PM'ing us an interview?

I will do it if it doesn't take too long. 30 minutes tops please.

Peace,

GB

101639[/snapback]

Hello...

I am looking for individuals willing to be interviewed for a manuscript. It does not matter whether you consider yourself Christian, or not. The issues covered in this manuscript affect all people. The manuscript will focus on the following:

1. How one's view of the God impacts the way we treat ourselves, other individuals, other cultures and the earth.

2. This manuscript will look at the impact of Judeo/Christian Bible interpretation on a person's view of God.

In order to show the reality of these issues I am hoping to interview several people about their personal experiences.

If you are interested in this project please respond to this post.

In Peace

Rose_Gardener

101633[/snapback]

I'm rather curious what questions you will ask... especially since my mum has been working on a manuscript herself asking much the same questions(and many others).

I do have one question for you though: What will my answers be used for? No disrespect to you, but I've read a lot of very slanted Christian propoganda and that's nothing I want to contribute to.

If you aren't comfortable answering me on the open boards, send me a PM.

Best of luck,

Merlin

Guest Rose_Gardener

Hello Merlin:

Gladly, it might help you to have a bit of background on me. I lead an interspiritual group in Wisconsin. Our group is quite small, but it is happening in a mainstream Lutheran church. And I am proud that we come together every Monday night for meditation and interspiritual discussion. Our group consists of mainstream to liberal Christians TO THOSE WHO DO NOT CONSIDER THEMSELVES CHRISTIAN, AND ONE AGNOSTIC.

For a long time now, I have noticed the link between a persons theology, their understanding of God and the way they interpret the Bible, and the way they act in the world. Many problems in the world today are as a direct result of this dynamic.

My goal is to end up with a manuscript which will help a Christian audience explore this in their own lives. How their individual understandings of God impact the way they think about and treat themselves, other individuals (especially people who are different from themselves), and the environment.

The questioning will began around the interviewee's early spiritual years. How were they taught to look at God, what impact did the common stories children are all taught in Sunday school have on their understanding of God? These types of questions. The interview is more like a correspondence, than a one time fill in sheet. And as the interview progresses, questions from me come out of earlier responses from the interviewee. (As I said, more like a correspondence).

Should I use any portion of an interviewees material in the final manuscript, I will contact the individual and give them an opportunity to review the way it is used. In the end you will have to consent to anything I use.

One other thing, the preliminary version of this manuscript has already been reviewed by two publishers. Both are willing to take it on if I can provide some real life context for the writing itself. Also, I have worked with OT scholars - seeking their input and advise in relation to the Bible stories used in this manuscript. The OT scholars are from the ELCA (A Lutheran church).

Any other questions...

If you're still up for an interview, just PM me.

In Peace:

Rose Gardener

I'm rather curious what questions you will ask... especially since my mum has been working on a manuscript herself asking much the same questions(and many others).

I do have one question for you though: What will my answers be used for? No disrespect to you, but I've read a lot of very slanted Christian propoganda and that's nothing I want to contribute to.

Sounds fun. I'm up for it. I see myself as an agnostic. And having an European interviewed may be intresting to compare.

For a long time now, I have noticed the link between a persons theology, their understanding of God and the way they interpret the Bible, and the way they act in the world. Many problems in the world today are as a direct result of this dynamic.

I agree with this assessment, as I have made the same observation. However, such behaviors prove nothing one way or the other as to the truth of said beliefs. I hope you realize that (and I suspect you do).

Guest Rose_Gardener

I agree with this assessment, as I have made the same observation. However, such behaviors prove nothing one way or the other as to the truth of said beliefs. I hope you realize that (and I suspect you do).

103971[/snapback]

Hello Spam and Ham:

Yes, I do agree with your statement. The link between ones understanding of God, the way they interpret the Bible and ones actions in the world has no correlation to the truth of said beliefs.

Now... are you in interested in an interview :unsure:

In Peace:

Rose Gardener

Hello...

Rose_Gardener

101633[/snapback]

If you need more persons, count me in.

I was raised christian, and have been involved in different versions of christianity before I left.

Now... are you in interested in an interview :unsure:

If you need more subjects, and if the interview process is not too demanding, and if anonymity can be maintained, then ok.

I'm not sure mine is over yet.

Me either regarding mine.

well no, neither is mine...I'm not entirely sure what to think yet, though and I assume a number of you don't either.

Guest Rose_Gardener
What did some of you think of the interview?

104546[/snapback]

Hello Everyone:

So… you’re wondering about the interview process.

I can only assume that since I am new to this forum that you are also wondering about me, and how this project is going to play out. This is understandable…

On the one hand if an interviewer gives an interviewee too much information before hand than that information can affect the way questions are answered and the answers are no longer unbiased.

On the other hand you need to trust that your life experiences and the way you have come to view Christianity and bible interpretation, in our culture, will not be misused.

So… where to go from here...

First, if you have any more questions regarding my answer above, # 9, please feel free to ask. I am willing to earn your trust.

Second, if you have questions regarding your private interview, please PM me, I’ll be happy to answer all your questions, to the degree that I don’t lead you in your answers.

Third – and probably most important – as mentioned in # 9 above. This manuscript has already been reviewed by two publishers, and I have had the advice of three OT scholars. What does this mean for you???

1. No publisher will put their name on this manuscript unless there is written authorization from any person who’s interview, or portions thereof, have made it into the manuscript. Not in this day and age anyway.

2. I would not have come to a forum website named exchristian.net, if I were not prepared for your candid responses. And…

3. Since I am willing to do the work of seeking interviews with people who have had negative experiences with Christianity, its theology, and the way that theology impacts everyday life… I must have every intent of writing as balanced a view of these issues as I can.

I am new to this forum, you need to trust me… so feel free to ask the tough questions. Within the limitations of not leading any interview responses, I will answer your questions as fully as I can.

Thank you for all you who are participating in this process. I appreciate it more than you know.

In Peace:

Rose

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I have to admit, THAT was an affective and interesting approach

..Hats off to the lady.

:thanks:

Guest Rose_Gardener

Now, I have to admit, THAT was an affective and interesting approach

..Hats off to the lady.

Hello Ssel:

Does this mean you're up for an interview? ;)

PS... I really do like your signature :grin:

Science and Religion ARE two sides of the same mountain,

but one can only see BOTH sides from the very top.

--Problem is, it's far more fun to throw stones than to climb--

:lmao:

In peace:

Rose