Goodbye Jesus

Republicans: Raising Taxes One Penny Is Evil And Will Destroy The Economy. Wait

RankStranger

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44218846/ns/politics/

News flash: Congressional Republicans want to raise your taxes.

Impossible, right? GOP lawmakers are so virulently anti-tax, surely they will fight to prevent a payroll tax increase on virtually every wage-earner starting Jan. 1, right?

Apparently not.

Many of the same Republicans who fought hammer-and-tong to keep the George W. Bush-era income tax cuts from expiring on schedule are now saying a different "temporary" tax cut should end as planned. By their own definition, that amounts to a tax increase.

The tax break extension they oppose is sought by President Barack Obama. Unlike proposed changes in the income tax, this policy helps the 46 percent of all Americans who owe no federal income taxes but who pay a "payroll tax" on practically every dime they earn.

There are other differences as well, and Republicans say their stand is consistent with their goal of long-term tax policies that will spur employment and lend greater certainty to the economy.

"It's always a net positive to let taxpayers keep more of what they earn," says Rep. Jeb Hensarling, "but not all tax relief is created equal for the purposes of helping to get the economy moving again." The Texas lawmaker is on the House GOP leadership team.

Tax cuts for the wealthy. Tax increases for you.

Oh, you don't make a millon plus per year? Well fuck you then.

• Like 3

http://www.msnbc.msn...46/ns/politics/

Tax cuts for the wealthy. Tax increases for you.

Oh, you don't make a millon plus per year? Well fuck you then.

Yep. The platform in a nutshell.

• Super Moderator

I think both parties and all politicians are inherently evil and self serving, but the Republicans are the most transparent by far. It amazes me that so many who would be directly damaged if their rhetoric was carried out in policy still support them.

I think both parties and all politicians are inherently evil and self serving, but the Republicans are the most transparent by far. It amazes me that so many who would be directly damaged if their rhetoric was carried out in policy still support them.

What good fuh massah, good fur me.