Goodbye Jesus

We Are All Just Trash

Vigile

http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-2726829-Everything-and-Nothing

Everything and Nothing

Everything and Nothing: Two-part documentary which deals with two of the deepest questions there are - what is everything, and what is nothing? In two epic, surreal and mind-expanding films, Professor Jim Al-Khalili searches for an answer to these questions as he explores the true size and shape of the universe and delves into the amazing science behind apparent nothingness. The first part, Everything, sees Professor Al-Khalili set out to discover what the universe might actually look like. The journey takes him from the distant past to the boundaries of the known universe. Along the way he charts the remarkable stories of the men and women who discovered the truth about the cosmos and investigates how our understanding of space has been shaped by both mathematics and astronomy.

• Like 1

http://www.letmewatc...ing-and-Nothing

Everything and Nothing

Everything and Nothing: Two-part documentary which deals with two of the deepest questions there are - what is everything, and what is nothing? In two epic, surreal and mind-expanding films, Professor Jim Al-Khalili searches for an answer to these questions as he explores the true size and shape of the universe and delves into the amazing science behind apparent nothingness. The first part, Everything, sees Professor Al-Khalili set out to discover what the universe might actually look like. The journey takes him from the distant past to the boundaries of the known universe. Along the way he charts the remarkable stories of the men and women who discovered the truth about the cosmos and investigates how our understanding of space has been shaped by both mathematics and astronomy.

Thanks Vigile! I'm going to check into this later - I love this kind of stuff! Did you watch it?

Yeah, I watched it today. It's amazing. Between this and a Discovery doc on Einstein, I finally understand relativity, gravity and now how an empty vacuum has such huge implications on our existence. In the past it was pretty fuzzy for me.

Yeah, I watched it today. It's amazing. Between this and a Discovery doc on Einstein, I finally understand relativity, gravity and now how an empty vacuum has such huge implications on our existence. In the past it was pretty fuzzy for me.

Be careful on only gleaning your scientific knowledge from documentaries. I've seen a few documentaries on einstein and the stuff where they dont explain the concept right, and then they talk about speculation as if it were already known fact.

Be careful on only gleaning your scientific knowledge from documentaries. I've seen a few documentaries on einstein and the stuff where they dont explain the concept right, and then they talk about speculation as if it were already known fact.

Well, unfortunately I'm at the mercy of documentaries and Steven Hawking books as it's doubtful I'll be pursuing another degree at this point in my life. Don't worry though, I won't be building any nuke reactors or teaching our youth, so a bit of misinfo in my head isn't going to add up to much damage. Hopefully my university built enough of a scientific foundation under me to give what I watch now a healthy level of critical thinking.

In any case, BBC is usually pretty good at doing their homework and the guy who presents the show is a real physicist.

Great documentary, Vigile. Thanks for sharing!

Do you remember the name of the Einstein Discovery Documentary you mentioned?

Well, unfortunately I'm at the mercy of documentaries and Steven Hawking books as it's doubtful I'll be pursuing another degree at this point in my life. Don't worry though, I won't be building any nuke reactors or teaching our youth, so a bit of misinfo in my head isn't going to add up to much damage. Hopefully my university built enough of a scientific foundation under me to give what I watch now a healthy level of critical thinking.

In any case, BBC is usually pretty good at doing their homework and the guy who presents the show is a real physicist.

Books you find in your stores "science" section should be pretty good. Stephen hawking isn't going to lie to you. But I've seen shit on discovery channel that made me go "wtf".

Books you find in your stores "science" section should be pretty good. Stephen hawking isn't going to lie to you. But I've seen shit on discovery channel that made me go "wtf".

Usually if you wash the TV screen it takes care of that. :P

• Like 1

Watched this one earlier today...

Really good one too! I kept trying to figure out who the narrator was - I knew that voice! Finally had to give in and Google it. :)