Goodbye Jesus

Does God exist? Who is the true God? Why do we hav

Guest on_chanymc

Guest on_chanymc

I am an atheist. I want to ask you "Does God exist? Who is the true God? Why do we have to believe in Him?" Because I am doing a study about atheist's opinions on these questions. Please state your personal view...Thx!!!!

Are you sure this is in the right forum? Most christians that would respond won't be found under "Ex-christian life", that's kind of the point. You probably want to try the Colleseum.

(ps, the answers are: 1. yes, 2. Mick Foley, 3. Cause he fucking rocks!)

I am an atheist. I want to ask you "Does God exist? Who is the true God? Why do we have to believe in Him?" Because I am doing a study about atheist's opinions on these questions. Please state your personal view...Thx!!!!

102126[/snapback]

1. "Does God exist?"

No.

2. "Who is the true God?"

Moot; reference answer to #1.

3. "Why do we have to believe in Him?"

Moot; reference answer to #2.

1. Maybe do not know for sure

2 the universe it’s where everything came from. But like I said don’t know for sure

3. We do not have too worship. gods never said too worship and never revealed it self. in my opinion

Let me get this straight. You are asking atheists their opinion on who the true God is.

Do I have that right?

I'm an Agnostic, weak Atheist, so you know what colors my answers will be in.

"Does God exist?"

Don't know, but I don't think so. I don't have a belief in God, but we can't prove that he exists, neither can we prove that he doesn't, even though most logical arguments rather point to the non-existence of God, making it the most likely answer, still it can't be proven. I hold the position that we can't prove neither today, but there might be some ways of doing it in the future.

"Who is the true God?"

God is not necessarily a "Who", but could be an "It". God could be a collective name for a group of gods, or it could be the word we use to reference a machine that creates and runs universes. So who or what is the true God is impossible to answer. You can make up your mind on your own, but there's nothing that can point to one kind or another.

But in every humans life, even the most fundamentalist Christian there is one god that goes above and beyond the Biblical or Theological supreme being called God... the Ego.

Every Christian and any other human being, everyone goes back to one source for every decision they make, themselves.

For instance, if I would follow the commands in the Bible, it would be because I choose to do so. And this "I" that made that choice, was not the God in the heavens, but the "God" that is inside me, my consciousness and my own trust in my own decisions. I would believe in my own capability of making the right decision, so I have made myself to the highest authority for deciding where I will put my trust. It's the Ego that's the one and true God for every human being, even if they can't see it.

"Why do we have to believe in Him?"

A question that only requires an answer if you do believe in God, and you believe that this supposed God requires your faith. And faith is built on trusting ideas rather than proofs or evidences. That question can't be answered.

**edit**

Unbelievable! I'm above 6k posts. Now I'm aiming for the magic 6160, then 6660 and lastly 6666! Muahahaha!

I'm not an atheist, I'm an agnostic.

"Does God exist?"

Possible

"Who is the true God?"

Don't know, no longer care.

Why do we have to believe in Him?"

Uh, is that like asking "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Does God exist : Almost certainly not, although chocolate comes close to godhood

Who is he : Chocolate

Why do we believe in him : Because it tastes so fucking good

102126[/snapback]

Before I answer you, what is a God? If it is "Jesus" then the answer is no. as Jesus never accepts the mantle of god which would have been antithetical for a Jew. Great for a pagan god, but for a real Jew... ha ha ahhaa.

So your question presupposed the question, and as an no-theist, you'll know the discussion is pointless amoungst those that have decided not to make the choice, the premediated action to believe in th's "G-Man." Lmfao...

Thank for all reply about my questions....The God means Jesus Christ......

That doesn't help much, since "Christ" means "annointed", implying there is a power still higher that sanctifies the annointing.

102126[/snapback]

Surely you mean "Do gods exist ?"

Your question "Who is the true God?" presupposes that there are gods !

Your question "Why do we have to believe in Him?" Presupposes that there is a specific god to worship !!

In other words, your second and 3rd questions are entirely redundant/meaningless once an "atheist" predictably answers your first question.

You don't seem to think much like an "atheist".

1. Does God exist?

Absolutely!

2. Who is the True God™?

Me, of course.

3. Why do we have to believe in Him?

Because I will save you, My child.

reverendprettyeyes.jpg

You are asking atheists about whether they think Jesus is the true god

Do you know what an atheist is?

Atheist believe in no god so the answer would always be no on all three questions.

We are not all atheists here. You are making an awfully big assumption. This is the forum for former Christians, not the athiests only forum. I suggest doing a Yahoo search on finding atheist forums and groups if that is what you are really looking for.

Now come on everybody, let's get this straight:

There is only one god and he is Mick Foley.

mick180.jpg

He appears to us in the holy trinity of

mankind.jpg

Mankind,

dudelove2.jpg

Dude Love

1999_cactus.jpg

and Cactus Jack.

Let no one doubt his awesome might or surely you will have the smackdown laid upon you!

102404[/snapback]

Isn't the Jesus character really more of a demi-god ?

Just like the older Hercules character - god father and human mother.

I'm declaring a jihad on Mick Foley's followers. If you don't want to go to hell, Skankboy, I'm going to need you to repent of your false gods.

102404[/snapback]

Ohhh. You're talking about the Jesus Yahweh Jehovah El Shaddai Adonai Holy Spook Biblegod.

Nope. He does not exist. And he never has. (Unless you consider that he exists in the minds of silly human beings).... IMNSHO.

I'm declaring a jihad on Mick Foley's followers. If you don't want to go to hell, Skankboy, I'm going to need you to repent of your false gods.

Oh no! It's the Empiric Inquisition! Begone foul headbanging demon, lest I call upon the grace of St. Socko to smite thee verily...and stuff...

500171_s.jpg

Ok...I admit it...I've got nothing. What's the health plan like in the Empire these days. You guys get dental?

Isn't the Jesus character really more of a demi-god ?

Just like the older Hercules character - god father and human mother.

There are a lot of similarities between Jesus and Hercules, and other Pagan myths as well. Too many to discount.

Im still confused why someone would ask an atheist that question.

That would be like asking a vegetarian if they liked the monster bacon burger at hardees.

In addition, he seems to have disappeared what is up with that.

Why start a topic if you are not going to stick around and talk to people?

That would be like asking a vegetarian if they liked the monster bacon burger at hardees.

105046[/snapback]

:lmao: Good one!

:lmao::lmao:

105046[/snapback]

Right on, willybilly. Great freakin line.

:lmao: