Goodbye Jesus

Checked The Facebook Of An Old Romantic Interest...

Vomit Comet

This is something most of us have done, usually without our spouses' knowledge. I was seriously in love twice before marriage, both were fundies. One went on to marry some dude she met in Bible college and they now have a business in a Southern state, their website has bible verses etc all over it. Her hubby is active in 'Promise Keepers' in fact she apparently had a good job she gave up to go into that full time. I guess they couldn't make a living so thus the business. She posted on some Promise Keepers site offering to pray and fast for people needed God's intervention. From the looks of her picture she could stand to fast a little now.

The second dumped me after praying and talking to her pastor (she actually told me this) because she felt our relationship was too physical; we never had sex but I guess she was getting too uncomfortable. She'd actually proposed a 'chaste marriage', and was shaken when I'd said no. She has a facebook again with all the Bible stuff. That was over twenty years ago and she never married. I actually think she may have been gay and not fully known it.

I also looked up the guy who bullied me endlessly in High School, hoped to see he'd been a failure but nooo.. he's now a big wheel in some insurance group.

Not sure what the point is, other than that it's usually not a good idea, people seldom change much and it may be best to let them recede into the past and leave it alone..

I just googled an old girlfriend the other day- I knew her for a while just after high school. She has a phd in astrophysics now. She's a tenured professor. And I'm a mechanic. Makes me feel great about MY life. :Doh:

Love is blind. Sometimes deaf, dumb and lacking an olfactory sense, too.

It is interesting, though.

I always found my husband attractive. To me he looks like a young version of Clint Eastwood. Other people thought we were so mismatched. One guy said to my husband, "Well, even a hog can find an acorn every now and then," referring to him finding me. Hurt his feelings and mine, too.

I have a brother-in-law who looks like a white, red-haired version of Fred Sanford from the sitcom, Sanford and Sons, crossed with Popeye the sailor. Ug-a-ly. His wife is fairly attractive.

My brother looks like a young version of Dustin Hoffman (how he looked in The Graduate). He was married to a girl, cute as a button. They divorced. He is now married to, who I refer to as The Beast. She's 66, he's 51. She looks like she's pregnant. Smells like pee. Doesn't have a tooth in her head. Rarely wears her dentures. Dips snuff. Is as dumb as a box of rocks. But, to him, she is beautiful and he loves her. I don't get it. He has so much going for him, so why did he pick this woman?

It is a mystery.

• Super Moderator
...why did he pick this woman?

You said she has no teeth. Duh.

...why did he pick this woman?

You said she has no teeth. Duh.

Must be the reason!

Oh, Good Lawd! That's an image I need to bleach out of my brain!

Y'know, VC, sometimes, inexplicably, the sex is just better between mis-matched partners. Some women even marry for that reason. Honestly.

If I were to bet five dollars on it, I'd bet that they ain't doing it in the first place. Maybe I'm naive, but I'd be shocked if it were the case that they were schtupping pre-maritally. I hesitate to elaborate or speculate further... but if we were going to bet on it....

(When Jessica explained her attraction to Roger Rabbit as, "He makes me laugh," you did recognize that as a euphemism, didn't you?)

I was 11 years old the first and last time I saw that. So no.

This is something most of us have done, usually without our spouses' knowledge.

My spouse was the first person I told!

Hopefully that's evidence enough that I was not actually jonesing for that girl. :vent: