Goodbye Jesus

I Went To A Church Of Christ Today... A Buch On Little Hitlers

Kaiser01

so me and my faimly got drafted to go visit a freinds of ours church, it was a church of christ.

this is 9/11 morning and i allready geussed what they would be preaching about; why 9/11 happend. but nothing coul dprepare me for what i heard even though i wasnt suprised.

first off before church started i picked a booklet of what they belive becuase i had never been in a COC before. they made it loud and clear what they thought about atheist and agnostics in here, there was a entire section about how atheism steals morals from their "fine" religion and how there are "few" inteligient atheist and their comming to grips with the idea they need god. :lmao:

so we sat down to listen to the preacher man. i swear he looked exactly like Himmler (head of SS) and he acted like him too.

the dude raved for 40 miniutes about how the world hates christianity becuase their good people and that the best way to combat this is to hate them back. :twitch:

he said the word "hate" 43 times after i started counting half way throug hthe service.

he raved about atheist and their inferiority and how if you were a christian you were better than them.

he raved on how every one with out his belifes was a enemy of peace and humanity and to treat them as inferiors becuse to treat them as freinds was "dangorus".

i was absolutly appaled that any one could have so much hate in his heart. what he was doing was getting a feeling of "superiority" and specialness out of beating every one else down around him.

i had never felt like running away so much since my deconversion espacialy when they started chanting like a bunch of nazis. :ugh:

• Super Moderator

I've found that as an Ex-Christian it makes more sense for me to not go to church.

If you had stayed any longer, you would have heard him ranting about how they are the only church doing things correctly.

,,,i had never felt like running away so much since my deconversion espacialy when they started chanting like a bunch of nazis. :ugh:

Rightards stay rightards, no matter whether they gather around a cross, crescent... or swastika. I guess that himmler comparison was right on target. :banghead:

I've found that as an Ex-Christian it makes more sense for me to not go to church.

I wanted to click "like" and then remembered this isn't facebook.

Growing up in the CoC, I never heard anyone in the CoC condoning hate, but I do recall plenty of self-righteous, hateful attitudes.

,,,i had never felt like running away so much since my deconversion espacialy when they started chanting like a bunch of nazis. :ugh:

Rightards stay rightards, no matter whether they gather around a cross, crescent... or swastika. I guess that himmler comparison was right on target. :banghead:

That's right, and they are found in every religion and organization, for that matter.

By the way, doesn't it disturb you when you see someone at the building where you work everyday that really resembles a famous upper-level Nazi leader? This guy I see all the time at the building where I work, he really looks like Goebbels. I just can't get past it.

By the way, doesn't it disturb you when you see someone at the building where you work everyday that really resembles a famous upper-level Nazi leader? This guy I see all the time at the building where I work, he really looks like Goebbels. I just can't get past it.

Speaking from experience, it's actually even more difficult when someone in your office has more than a passing resemblance to Homer Simpson. It's damn near impossible to not start laughing when I see him, because I can't help but think, "Hey, it's that guy who looks like Homer Simpson!" At least if he looked like someone from the SS, I wouldn't have to stifle a smile or a laugh when I saw him.

Speaking from experience, it's actually even more difficult when someone in your office has more than a passing resemblance to Homer Simpson. It's damn near impossible to not start laughing when I see him, because I can't help but think, "Hey, it's that guy who looks like Homer Simpson!" At least if he looked like someone from the SS, I wouldn't have to stifle a smile or a laugh when I saw him.

Don't remind me of that! Back when I worked in the customer's helpdesk, right next to us were the desks of the folks from business customer support... one of them was as perfect a Homer as you can find in Germany. If I had had a bit more time between phonecalls I'd have had much laughing every day :)