Goodbye Jesus

Holiday Hoopla

Yaoi Huntress Earth

I was at World O' Crap and if the whole "Season's Greetings" crap last year wasn't bad enough, some neo-con pundit has decided to make some money off the hoopla" by writing a book about how the big bad liberal left is trying take their pegan-originated holiday away: http://blogs.salon.com/0002874/ (One reviewer on Amazon called Gibson "A Fire Marshal for Baby Jesus."

Banning instermental Christmas carols in public school is a little extreme, but this is insane not to mention this little factoid form an article on a speech Abe Foxman (leader of the ADL gave: http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasen/spages/641853.html)

In his speech, Foxman presented the as yet unpublished results of an opinion poll commissioned by the ADL. The survey found that an overwhelming 75 percent of Americans who attend church once a week believe that religion is under attack in America. Among evangelicals, that figure rises to 80 percent. Among those who attend church regularly, 70 percent think that Christianity is particularly threatened; 76 percent of evangelicals agree.

Not to mention reading most of the comments about the article. How can people be so blind? The fundies are the real threat to religion, not the liberal left. The fundies are the ones that picket adult book stores, raised the fiasco about Janet Jackson's wardobe malfunction, scream about gays being potrayed in a positive light the media, try to take away Halloween, force schools to teach what they think is appropriate, bitch about Harry Potter and whatever new hit kids' cartoon is on the air (Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon anyone?), get into a hissy fit when their gorey Jesus movie didn't get nominated for Best Picture when they were in line for many other awards, and they say THEY'RE under attack?

Some of the Jewish posters were claiming that the religous right cares about them, but guess what? They don't. The only reason people like Robertson even pretend to care about you guys is because you guys are a key to their little End of Times fantasy. If there was no book of Revolations, they wouldn't be so nice.

I'm sorry for being so pissed, but this whole spoiled brat mentality just fucks my shit up!

It's funny you should mention that book. I was cracking up at the bookstore because I saw that book, and sure enough, I walk to the next table where I find

How the Republicans Stole Christmas: The Republican Party's Declared Monopoly on Religion and What Democrats Can Do To Take It Back.

I personally have had it with pundits on both side spreading misinformation in order to sell books.

I personally have had it with pundits on both side spreading misinformation in order to sell books.

102912[/snapback]

Yeah, just give me the intellegent social commentary of Bill Hicks, George Carlin, and pre-sell-out Dennis Miller anyday.