Goodbye Jesus

Moses's connection to Eygpt

seeker

What is the truth behind Moses and his connection with Eygpt. I don't recall hearing about a Moses in any Discovery channel show or History channel show that was dealing with Eygpt's history. I've read a small amount on Eygpt and I don't recall seeing anything in those books either. From what I understand the Jews and Christians believe that the Jews or "hebrew people" were the ones that built the Pyramids and other sculptures as slaves??? And Moses saved them?

What is the truth behind Moses and his connection with Eygpt. I don't recall hearing about a Moses in any Discovery channel show or History channel show that was dealing with Eygpt's history. I've read a small amount on Eygpt and I don't recall seeing anything in those books either. From what I understand the Jews and Christians believe that the Jews or "hebrew people" were the ones that built the Pyramids and other sculptures as slaves??? And Moses saved them?

102751[/snapback]

It is possible that Moses is entirely mythical. The story of the Exodus is certainly a Myth. However, there may have been an historical kernel to the story. In the 14th Century B.C.E. the Egyptian Pharoah Ahmose I expelled the Hyksos from Egypt. The Hyksos were dispersed and many settled in Canaan. For the next 400 years Canaan was an Egyptian colony. This is the only event in Egyptian history that remotely resembles the Moses legend.

Guest J. Fitzmyer, S.J. (Rameus Spoof)

>>>It is possible that Moses is entirely mythical. The story of the Exodus is certainly a Myth. However, there may have been an historical kernel to the story. <<<

Surely you are overstating the evidence dear boy.

>>>In the 14th Century B.C.E. the Egyptian Pharoah Ahmose I expelled the Hyksos from Egypt. The Hyksos were dispersed and many settled in Canaan. For the next 400 years Canaan was an Egyptian colony. This is the only event in Egyptian history that remotely resembles the Moses legend.<<<

Your chronologies are corrupted. The Heka Kasewet were expelled during the reign of Ahmose [1550-1525 B.C.] Which puts the Asiatic expulsion closer to the biblical dates that you have indicated. And it's certainly not a coincidence that one of the Heka Kasewet kings was named Yakober, as in Jacob the father of the tribes of Israel who brought them into Egypt. [Ex. 1.1-6]

It is poor form to dismiss such evidence out of hand and claim that it does not relate to the Exodus tradition.

For more information on Ahmose I, Moses, and the Exodus, the following article gives a good explanation from an Archaeological perspective.

Dating the Exodus, The Hyksos Expulsion of 1540/1530 BCE ?

>>>It is possible that Moses is entirely mythical.  The story of the Exodus is certainly a Myth.  However, there may have been an historical kernel to the story.  <<<

Surely you are overstating the evidence dear boy.

>>>In the 14th Century B.C.E. the Egyptian Pharoah Ahmose I expelled the Hyksos from Egypt.  The Hyksos were dispersed and many settled in Canaan.  For the next 400 years Canaan was an Egyptian colony.  This is the only event in Egyptian history that remotely resembles the Moses legend.<<<

Your chronologies are corrupted. The Heka Kasewet were expelled during the reign of Ahmose [1550-1525 B.C.]  Which puts the Asiatic expulsion closer to the biblical dates that you have indicated.  And it's certainly not a coincidence that one of the Heka Kasewet kings was named Yakober, as in Jacob the father of the tribes of Israel who brought them into Egypt. [Ex. 1.1-6]

It is poor form to dismiss such evidence out of hand and claim that it does not relate to the Exodus tradition.

102805[/snapback]

So you believe that Jewish slaves built the pyramids and other Eygptian monuments? And it was Moses who freed these slaves? Are there any documents from Jews that claim they built the Pyramids or any evidence?

So you believe that Jewish slaves built the pyramids and other Eygptian monuments? And it was Moses who freed these slaves? Are there any documents from Jews that claim they built the Pyramids or any evidence?

103021[/snapback]

Maybe he's seen the stone were it says "Moses was here!" :grin:

And I have a picture of Moses with the stone tables, right here:

moses_holding_tablets_lg_wht.gif

No, no, no... You got it all wrong, all of you... it was the aliens that built the pyramids, everyone knows that! :HaHa:

But seriously, were there really 1.5-3 million Israelites in Egypt? (according to the Bible it was)

Does anyone have any statistics of the estimated numbers of citizens in Egypt at that time?

Guest J. Fitzmyer, S.J. (Rameus Spoof)

The fourth and fifth dynasties were nearly a thousand years earlier.

The fourth and fifth dynasties were nearly a thousand years earlier.

103073[/snapback]

I'm not following you. My questions are sincere. I'm not setting you up for some grand rebuttle that will make you look stupid. I've honestly always read that it was Eygptians and neighbors of Eygpt who built the pyramids. And that they volunteered. For the sheer size of a project such as building the great pyramid it has been argued that the men would have to have been well fed and taken care of. Not exactly how slaves are treated.