Goodbye Jesus

I Went To Church Today And I Need To Rant.

ChurchSucks

So in church today I noticed something heartbreaking.

All of the children.

The poor, easily influenced children.

All of them wearing their AWANAS vests and memorizing Bible verses.

Oh, I could tell them some verses to memorize. What about in the book of Esther about how she was such a great fuck that she became queen?

In all honesty, it is actually biblical to teach young girls that if they're good at sex God might make them a queen!

This video hits the nail on the head of my frustration.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HwMyjKQ725E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In all honesty, it is actually biblical to teach young girls that if they're good at sex God might make them a queen!

It's not surprising is it? Actually I'd have been surprised if I found there's no line in da wholly babble that says "Be a good sub and I may even make you a high-status sub! What more can you possibly want? (Umm, how about freedom?)"...

i feel your pain, when i first deconverted i felt misery for the kids i would watch get mindlesly brainwahed.

it seems like their extra carful only to use the status quo verses and make sure they leave out of the dirty nasty ones like the one about the bears mauling 40 kids, its all a setup enginiered for the effect.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean. It makes me want to do something to protect the kids from what's being taught to them... The church I deconverted from was Adventist, and one of the families close to mine has two little kids they adopted after housing them as foster children. We've known them since they first went to live with them, so I've watched them grow older and become more and more brainwashed. I was talking to the little girl in June, and she asked why I was wearing ear rings if I loved God. Also, they're older brother has been disowned because he's gay (he's like a brother to me too) and she would tell me how he doesn't love God anymore and that makes her sad.

It absolutely tears my heart apart. Especially since I was once a little girl saying such things about "lost" family members and friends once. Those kids deserve a better life....

I was slaved at the age of 15, so I missed out on the joys of being raised in a Christian household. I don't know if it was better or worse, because I wasted my teens and most of my twenties on that shit, along with some of my mental health and various indicators of well-adjustedness. At least I only had to worry about my brother and my old friends when I deconverted.

All of the children.

Oh, I could tell them some verses to memorize. What about in the book of Esther about how she was such a great fuck that she became queen?

Here's a couple more to throw in along those same lines:

• What exactly do you think Ruth and Boaz were doing out there on the threshing floor, hmmmm?
  • In Song of Solomon, the references to the navel are actually talking about another hole a little further down...

And not only do I look around at the children in my church and feel sorry, but my own two little ones are there, being raised right in the middle of it. That kills me.

like the one about the bears mauling 40 kids, its all a setup enginiered for the effect.

When i was a kid (well, a teenager technically), they would tell us about that Elisha story. And we loved it! It was like, "yea, God - what a badass! Yea, rip those kids to shreds! mwhahahaha!!"

Thinking back on it, that is pretty disturbing to sort of cheer on such a thing.

My sophomore-year religion teacher was bald, so he loved teaching that story.

All of the children.

Here's a couple more to throw in along those same lines:

• What exactly do you think Ruth and Boaz were doing out there on the threshing floor, hmmmm?
  • In Song of Solomon, the references to the navel are actually talking about another hole a little further down...

And not only do I look around at the children in my church and feel sorry, but my own two little ones are there, being raised right in the middle of it. That kills me.

That does seem awful. Do your kids buy it? Have they said the "sinner's prayer" yet? That could potentially be a disaster if you ever try to "lead the kids astray". They would certainly blame you for their damnation. I could imagine my parents treating me the same way and accusing me of doing that to their future grandchildren. That is why I am seriously contemplating just faking it and burying the lie for quite a while, maybe until both of them pass on. Although that would be insanely tough and mentally and emotionally taxing.

I think Christianity flourishes for exactly that reason. Indoctrination of the new generation. Generational cult hard wiring.

And the fear paradigm helps. Children are often disciplined by instilling fear for disobedience. Imagine the ultimate spank. Burning in fire for eternity. In a child's mind how long is an eternity? It matters not, when first they're told they'll simply burn because god found them naughty, for being bad.

What a tragedy to see the light in a child's eyes muted by the fear that's installed by the religious leadership, who tell them all that they feel, all that they are, all that they aspire to must be reviewed and judged as to whether it is worthy in god's sight. Or whether their innocent human nature is indicative of damnable sin.

"The trouble with Baptists is they don't hold them under long enough." Anonymous

I am with you trapped. Good news. My two oldest are no longer believers. They still "have to go"...but they can already see it as foolish and misguided (they are SO much smarter than I was!)

It kills me with my babies, but i figure one little step, one small innocuous conversation at a time. My hope is that, by the time they are grown, they will be able to think clearly, and not be afraid and judgmental.

I REALLY think that it can be ok. See...OUR kids have US AND the internet! They are going to be ok....(repeat to self ;)

• Super Moderator

Uh, maybe you should quit taking them there. Are you under a court order or something?

That does seem awful. Do your kids buy it? Have they said the "sinner's prayer" yet?

My oldest isn't even four, so no, not yet.

I am with you trapped. Good news. My two oldest are no longer believers. They still "have to go"...but they can already see it as foolish and misguided (they are SO much smarter than I was!)

That's encouraging. My kids are pretty smart, so I figure with a couple of little nudges from me when they're older, they'll figure out the truth eventually.

Uh, maybe you should quit taking them there. Are you under a court order or something?

It's complicated.

It's complicated.

Word.

I go to church with my wife sometimes for sport. This past Sunday there was a guest pastor and she started ranting about sin........how anything that takes away from your time to worship gawd is a sin......reading too many books, too much yard work, TV, schooling etc., etc is a SIN! This lady was so uptight I bet she coulda shit diamonds.

• 2 weeks later...

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted."

-Vladimir Lenin

Yes, this isn't revelation by any means. It's simply psychology. You can form the young minds and instill whatever reality you want.