Goodbye Jesus

if its not a spiritguide who is it?

willybilly30

IV heard many people say they have a spirit guide who gives them advice answers their questions and helps with problems. They see it hear it or feel it.

Including me when I meditate, I visualize a guru and we talk about problems, spirituality and anything else that goes on.

So who is the guru really?

IV read posts on here saying angels and prayer is bogus and if it is I would like too know who the guru is really.

Maybe my subconscious is just smart and my conscious not as smart?

Maybe my subconscious soaks up everything like a sponge and pulls whatever I ask for out of some file cabinet in my head.

Iv read what skeptics say it’s a symptom of schizophrenia.

Well if it is theirs thousands of schizophrenia victims

Maybe my subconscious is just smart and my conscious not as smart?

In a sense I think that is true. A majority of your brain is the subconscious. It has a stunning ability to recognize patters and logic, but most of the time your consciousness blocks the "information" from the subcon to reach up to mental awareness. That's why meditation, prayer, daydreaming, alpha-state, speaking-in-tongues and all that stuff brings out things we didn't "know" about.

Maybe my subconscious soaks up everything like a sponge and pulls whatever I ask for out of some file cabinet in my head.

I believe it is so. There are studies that show that we can figure out winning patterns in preset games, about 10 times faster in the subcon than in the con.

There was this test where they had two stacks of cards. Blue and red. The red was only loosing cards, and the blue had winning and loosing cards.

They measured hesitation and eye motion and stuff, and found out that they started to hesitate to take the red cards already after 10-20 cards. But they test-subject didn't figure out "mentally", or becoming aware of the pattern until card 80-90.

And there are plenty other tests similar to this. And there are tests that show that we can prime, or preset, our subconscious to act in a certain way, outside our awareness. (programming)

Iv read what skeptics say it’s a symptom of schizophrenia.

No. It's not. We all have that ability, more or less. The brain is like a gigantic machine of different personalities, and it's the upper brain functions, frontal lobe etc, that filter all the input to one "person"... you. Schizophrenia is when there is an imbalance of these functions and filters. Having a "discussion" with your "inner self" is not schizo, as long as you are aware of what is going on. Some times schizo patients don't know about their different personalities, but you clearly separate this "guru" from what is considered "you". If you were schizo, that "guru" would be another "you", not separated. What you're doing is having a discussion with yourself, but a different part of yourself.

You know why it's so good to have a discussion with yourself? ... You always have the last word! :grin:

Well if it is theirs thousands of schizophrenia victims

103268[/snapback]

Everyone daydream, and most people talk to themselves. Schizofrenia is only a medical problem if they different personalities starts to take over and act, and surpressing the other personalities. Usually it's brought out by a serious situations in your life. Like being molested as a kid, or abused, or having to go to war etc. It's usually because your mind can't handle a situation and wants to hide from it. Another "person" comes out and take over to help overcome the bad situation.

*edit*

Besides, we're talking about multiple personality disorder schizofrenia. Schizofrenia is a lot wider subject than just MPD. Aspergers Syndrome is a mild form of Schizofrenia, or more like a border line between schizofrenia and autism. But they don't have MPD.

so the guru is a spiritual side of myself my minds making in to an image.

This idea seems better than thinking a spirit guides going in my head and talking too me.

It is. And I think in the old times (Paul and all the other guys), some of them maybe had these "visions" too, and seriously thought that it was the spirit from God, and they maybe were dreaming of Jesus too. Some people have a little more of these abilities, and it seems that you can "see" this guru.

And of course seeing people and hearing voices and stuff like that is considered schizofrenia, but only if you can't control it. But since you only have it during the meditation, I suspect you have a strong control over it.

I cant physical see or hear it.

Some people can physically see and hear spirits and stuff but the fact I cant makes me skeptical. When I was a kid, I had imaginary friends I could see but I invented them by picturing them in front of me and imagining their personality. Soon as I thought of something else, they were gone. I suspect many people do that cause they want too see something weird so bad. this probally explains the ressurection story but back then they didnt know we could invent stuff with our brains.

It is. And I think in the old times (Paul and all the other guys), some of them maybe had these "visions" too, and seriously thought that it was the spirit from God, and they maybe were dreaming of Jesus too. Some people have a little more of these abilities, and it seems that you can "see" this guru.

And of course seeing people and hearing voices and stuff like that is considered schizofrenia, but only if you can't control it. But since you only have it during the meditation, I suspect you have a strong control over it.

103299[/snapback]

I cant physical see or hear it.

Some people can physically see and hear spirits and stuff but the fact I cant makes me skeptical.  When I was a kid, I had imaginary friends I could see but I invented them by picturing them in front of me and imagining their personality. Soon as I thought of something else, they were gone. I suspect many people do that cause they want too see something weird so bad.  this probally explains the ressurection story but back then they didnt know we could invent stuff with our brains.

103308[/snapback]

Then you can breath easily. You can keep on meditating and listen to your inner voice. :)

so the guru is a spiritual side of myself my minds making in to an image.

This idea seems better than thinking a spirit guides going in my head and talking too me.

I remember watching a Depak Chopra (sp?) show on television. He asked everyone to be still, relax, and listen to the one who is doing the thinking.

Now, I know that by me writing that out, it probably doesn't have the same effect on you as it did me when I saw/heard it. But when he said that, it brought me to a whole new level of self-awareness.

observe the observer

103489[/snapback]

Yup. And the funny thing is that: You are both.

Sounds like a good way too know yourself