Goodbye Jesus

About How Christians Shoot Their Wounded.

traveller2

Bear with me.I am still new here and am about three yrs into being a non christian.

One thing I have enjoyed about this site is the testiomies section.I really appreciate some of the stories and comments and posted my own there a couple months back.I,like so many others never ever thought even five yrs ago i would ever write such a thing ner be a member of a forum like this.

I have found it immensly helpful to me.I think I check it everyday.

Now the rant.I accepted some time ago that I was pretty co dependant.After deconverting I have come on leaps and bounds with this and my personal development and growth.My matturity has increased;funny as christians always banged on about maturity but it was only when leaving that that I can see that despite being in storage for 20 yrs,life and the universe have a natural way of making up for this.

Reason why I am co-dependant is my upbringing.I am not going to make this a blame my parents rant;I don't...and I do.But I have moved on from that a long time ago.

My point is that when I became a christian,20 yrs ago at age 17,I just thought that christians might accept me,that they might welcome me and show some love or compassion.If they had I might even be a christian today ,still.I left the church eventually as I finally after ,well about 16 yrs had my fill of the rejection,the social snobbery,snide remarks,pompos attitudes,the thinly vieled hatreds and jealousies.

I was such a lost boy,I was so fucked up as a young man.Is it right to trample on a young guys persoanlity so much ,to rip him apart with your words,to mock and look down on a young guy who is obviously a bit lost.Just because they were all brought up with two loving parents ,because they don't know how it feels to never have any security inside,to never feel sure of anything,not to belive in yourself,to have no confidence or even anyhting to say.I grew up beliveing that I was of no value nor of any interest to anyone,man or woman.Thats how I enetered adulthood,with those beliefs.And christians destroyed me.

Funny thing is,non christians didn';t.They helped me alot and still do.Like I say I have really healed so much these last three yrs.And it was a few good non christian men and women that ,for some reason,decided to to care and actually liked me.Christians never did that.One of the most important ones is a nominal muslim,ooooh so evil,they wanna take over the world and destroy the church.fucking BS.And why the could god not have sent in those 16 yrs a few decent christian men and women along to help me and encoarage me as these fine people have done?why was it only when I walked away from god and the church did i meet these people and miricles start happening in my life?(not literal miracles obviously but growth and change and maturity)

The wanky church would likely love me now.But only because I have confidence.Why? um because initially thru sex quite honestly.And then becaus eof the life I enjoy in nightclubs,people I have met,friends I have made.The churches I was in would fucking love the new confident ,healed me.But the fuckwits have nothing to do with it.It was all ME and NON christians.

• Super Moderator

Welcome, Angus. (Not the AC/DC Angus, right?)

Life in the real world is so much better, as you have found.

Enjoy the website. There are some good people here and some assholes (arseholes?). I'm the latter.

The boundaries of xian love are endless, unless you're ever so slightly different of appearance or opinion, and then all bets are off.

Welcome to the forums, Angus. Love the beef.

It's amazing how confidence in ones self can change the world for you. I was one who when growing up always felt like I wasn't good enough, or wasn't smart enough. I watched friends around me with such self-confidence that It made me wonder why I couldn't be like them. People were just drawn to them. As I started not being involved in the church I started to become one of those "confident" people. Although the childhood of never being good enough scarred me enough to have underlying deppression issues, I became and have become a more confident, carefree and overall great person. How do I know this, because of the friends I have. I tend to have people come to me and ask me for help. My friends always say I seem to have all my stuff together and seem so confident and happy. I do occasionally backslide but its in my own time and its becoming fewer and farther between. I believe religion tends to stagnate personal growth more so in youth. You are told you are a sinner, a bad person and how everything you enjoy is wrong. I remember sermons when I would leave the church feeling worse about myself than when I went in. Glad you made it out Angus, enjoy the ride!

Bear with me.I am still new here and am about three yrs into being a non christian.

One thing I have enjoyed about this site is the testiomies section.I really appreciate some of the stories and comments and posted my own there a couple months back.I,like so many others never ever thought even five yrs ago i would ever write such a thing ner be a member of a forum like this.

I have found it immensly helpful to me.I think I check it everyday.

Now the rant.I accepted some time ago that I was pretty co dependant.After deconverting I have come on leaps and bounds with this and my personal development and growth.My matturity has increased;funny as christians always banged on about maturity but it was only when leaving that that I can see that despite being in storage for 20 yrs,life and the universe have a natural way of making up for this.

Reason why I am co-dependant is my upbringing.I am not going to make this a blame my parents rant;I don't...and I do.But I have moved on from that a long time ago.

My point is that when I became a christian,20 yrs ago at age 17,I just thought that christians might accept me,that they might welcome me and show some love or compassion.If they had I might even be a christian today ,still.I left the church eventually as I finally after ,well about 16 yrs had my fill of the rejection,the social snobbery,snide remarks,pompos attitudes,the thinly vieled hatreds and jealousies.

I was such a lost boy,I was so fucked up as a young man.Is it right to trample on a young guys persoanlity so much ,to rip him apart with your words,to mock and look down on a young guy who is obviously a bit lost.Just because they were all brought up with two loving parents ,because they don't know how it feels to never have any security inside,to never feel sure of anything,not to belive in yourself,to have no confidence or even anyhting to say.I grew up beliveing that I was of no value nor of any interest to anyone,man or woman.Thats how I enetered adulthood,with those beliefs.And christians destroyed me.

Funny thing is,non christians didn';t.They helped me alot and still do.Like I say I have really healed so much these last three yrs.And it was a few good non christian men and women that ,for some reason,decided to to care and actually liked me.Christians never did that.One of the most important ones is a nominal muslim,ooooh so evil,they wanna take over the world and destroy the church.fucking BS.And why the could god not have sent in those 16 yrs a few decent christian men and women along to help me and encoarage me as these fine people have done?why was it only when I walked away from god and the church did i meet these people and miricles start happening in my life?(not literal miracles obviously but growth and change and maturity)

The wanky church would likely love me now.But only because I have confidence.Why? um because initially thru sex quite honestly.And then becaus eof the life I enjoy in nightclubs,people I have met,friends I have made.The churches I was in would fucking love the new confident ,healed me.But the fuckwits have nothing to do with it.It was all ME and NON christians.

Christians are delusional. IT IS a type of brainwashing obviously, because what intelligent person believes in a flying zombie man with 3 personalities, and governs time and space AND cares who you believe in or where you stick your pecker? Delusion caused by brainwashing (drill-bored into the heads of children that later become adults) produces, however, far more victims than perps (clergy).

You, and many other recently enlightened ( for lack of a better word) ex-xtians, are really better off recovering with logical common sense thinking, normal living, and distancing yourself from the influence that had you ensnared in the first place. Just stay away from it all, as much as you can, till you are healed enough to be bullet proof, then you might be able to help wake some people up.

• Like 1

What is interesting to me was that there is plenty of compassion and forgiveness if you are one of their favored , or "cool" people.

When it is someone that doesn't quite fit in they have no problem shooting their wounded. I have seen nearly a whole bible study group jump down the throat of a young woman (not one of the "in" members of the group) who said something at a bible study, she did mean well. I am sure if the same words at the same time had come out of one of the cool members that there would have been amens all the way around. I remember being "corrected" several times myself, again I had no bad intent.

christinity can definitly stifle social, and career, growth. There is the pressure of having to live up to their standards along with having to hang out with people that you don't have much in common with other than your faith. It was a hard enviroment to be secure in. Some people did well.

Relaxing, being myself, getting laid, and having a drink once in while has done more for me than jezus ever did.