Goodbye Jesus

F@#king Phelps

Caretaker

No, I am not going to give him the priviledge of linking to his site.

This time he is thanking God for the tornadoes in Indiana, and prays for more visitations of God's wrath on Indiana.

His death is not going to be something that I will shed a single tear for.

His death is not going to be something that I will shed a single tear for.
Me either. :mellow:

But I'll probably still thank god for it. :mellow:

Some people may be desturbed that there may be no hell awaiting Fred Phelps. I, on the other hand, rest easy knowing that Phelps still has to reap what he sows. Although I am among those who do not believe in the afterlife, I think Phelps is living his punishment in the here and now.

A life dedicated to hatred can only be one of sheer misery, which is compounded by the fact that society will have nothing to do with him. He's a miserable old pariah who is too far up in his years to start anew.

A life wasted is the ultimate tragedy, and it's one that I find far more frightening than an eternity in fire.

You know, there are times when I hope the bird flu comes and kills people like Phelps, Robertson, and Falwell, and leaves the rest of us alone. But of course, I know it won't.

This man is the worst of the worst. I remember him coming to Ohio State's campus in the spring - one of our favorite moments of spring. Go sit on The Oval and listen to a crazy man call you a whore b/c you were wearing shorts.

Ahhhhhhh, those were good times. :loser:

Not wanting to check out his site anymore than someone wants to link it, is he still visiting college campuses?

He's a TRUE Christian. One the other Christians on this site should be proud to call brother.

Fred Phelps. That man gives credence to the phrase, "Only the GOOD die young!"

What an evil fucktard.

You know, there are times when I hope the bird flu comes and kills people like Phelps, Robertson, and Falwell, and leaves the rest of us alone.  But of course, I know it won't.

103517[/snapback]

Really - if god exists why doesn't he do something about human turds like Phelps? If I were Yahweh I woulda fried his ass with a lightning bolt long ago.

Shit, that would seriously make me reconsider my deconversion! :eek:

I had no idea who this guy was until I saw this thread and went googling. Is it possible to be more venoumous than the walking human waste that calls itself Fred Phelps?

Perhaps if we write his obituary now, we can take some peace in sending it to him and promising to send it to his immediate family upon his death.

Fred Phelps, homophobic idiot. He is burning in hell right now for his failure to head the Gospel. The worms will not be eating his brain soon enough to rid the earth of his vile thoughts.

(add your own)

Oh, I'll draw a cartoon about him and send it on EXC on the day of his death.

Nothing positive though.

That would certainly explain a lot, Ganjacat. Why don't they just strongly encourage him to retire? Preaching has got to be the only job where people can stay in it for the rest of their lives if they are unable to be coherent.

Health

In Topeka, Kansas, there is much speculation regarding Phelps' health. He is reported to be suffering from an advanced form of liver cancer due to his drinking (a rumor which, started in the late '90s, would appear to be false or no longer true) or Parkinson's Disease and has made few recent appearances. Recent photographs showing apparent partial facial paralysis suggest that he may have suffered a very mild stroke for which he was never hospitalized. Also, the length and incoherence of many of his recent sermons, as well as a large number of bizarre claims (including "George Bush worships Mr. Peanut, whose name is the great God Goober," and his statement in an October 2, 2005 sermon, "I said [George W. Bush] gets his jollies masturbating horses!"), suggest to many that he is suffering from Alzheimer's disease, senility, or has suffered brain damage due to his amphetamine and barbiturate addiction in the 1960s.

104373[/snapback]

Is it bad that I'm laughing at this? I wouldn't wish Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or strokes on anyone, but for this fucknut, I'm thinking it's poetic justice.

"George Bush worships Mr. Peanut, whose name is the great God Goober," and his statement in an October 2, 2005 sermon, "I said [George W. Bush] gets his jollies masturbating horses!"

104373[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but ... ... HA HA HA HA HA ... :funny:

Is there any website with all the Phelpsisms?

I'm changing my "Any Gods?" right now!

Just posted the link at the AllSpark (had to, otherwise, the psychoChristians WE get would be claiming that I was making it all up...)

Can't wait to see what the Hoosiers there think of this. And wondering how many will agree to join me in bearing torches and pitchforks to the next Phelps rally in IN.

Assuming the man lives long enough for us to get there. After THIS stunning piece of "journalism", my guess is... he won't be able to set foot into Indiana without being set upon by a very large, very angry crowd...

See the Phelps ministry for what it is: A charismatic cult, and charismatic cults (as Jim Jones, the Heaven's Gate cult, and David Koresh have demonstrated) do not usually outlive their leaders. In effect, the day Fred dies, so too does the Westboro ministry.

And I will take no lack of pleasure in celebrating that.

Isn't Topeka Kansas, where Phelps lives, in the middle of Tornado Alley? :wicked:

Guest Jedweber

Some of you people should lighten up a little! If Phelps didn't exist, non-believers would have to invent him! It's hard to think of anyone who is more divisive and does more overall damage to his own cause by discrediting fundamentalism! It took me ages to be convinced that his website was for real and not a sick parody. His protests attacking Iraq war veterans and New York firemen are utterly offensive even to other conservative Christians and if anything create sympathy for the gay people that are his usual targets.

Just look at the local news coverage that follows in the wake of his group's appearance anywhere - it's usually a perfect chance to undermine the religious right and spread messages of tolerance, anti-extremism, etc. I only worry that large counter-protests, which always dwarf his little group, someday get violent or out of hand and create sympathy for him!

The Phelps family was in a nearby town this past weekend protesting at a local soldiers funeral. Here are some newspaper hi-lights.

Protesters at funeral offend vets

Targeting Marine's service, 7 from Kansas church tie Iraq deaths, U.S. toleration for gays

ELKHART -- Dozens of military veterans gathered outside an Elkhart funeral home Friday to oppose an uncommon group of protesters.

During visitation hours before the funeral of Maj. Gerald M. Bloomfield II of Ypsilanti, Mich., who died in combat Nov. 2 in Iraq, members of a Topeka, Kan.-based church protested against a country they say supports gay people....

Protesters were from Westboro Baptist Church and believe that God is killing soldiers in Iraq because the United States supports homosexuals....

Of the seven pickets, three were children, including 6-year-old Josiah Hockenbarger, who held a sign that read, "Fag soldier in hell."

Others held similar signs, including one that read, "God hates America."

Sara Phelps, 24, granddaughter of the group's founder, the Rev. Fred Phelps, said their goal was "to show these people out there that they're fighting for a country that spits in the face of God."

She then added, "God is going to kill you! God is going to kill you!"

Asked about the young age of some of their members, Sara Phelps said, "You're supposed to raise a child in admonition of the Lord."

Thirteen-year-old Grace Phelps-Roper and her brother, 16-year-old Isaiah Phelps-Roper, said they attend a public school in Topeka and didn't have to go to school Friday.

The seven pickets were members of the same extended family.

Full story: http://www.southbendtribune.com/stories/20...s_at_funera.sto

Now folks, I happen to be anti-war, but I would NEVER do stupid crap like this. These people are plumb crazy.

Here in Oklahoma, a group of bikers have gotten together and will attend our military funerals where Phelps groups decides to show up. They will rev their Harley's engine during the services to drown out the voices of Phelps' group. I know of this happening here at least twice. I guess motorcycle noise is much more preferrable than heairing how god is punishing your son by killing him and burning him in hell.

Kudos to our Cyclists.