Goodbye Jesus

Another Question That's Been Bugging Me- The Ten Commandments

blackpudd1n

The ten commandments are based upon natural phenomena perceived by the Jews. The Jews believed that the earth was a four cornered stationary box with an expanse above the earth that reached to heaven and an expanse below that reached to hell. They believed that the Sun and Moon rotated vertically around the earth, being born in the east, rising to the vertical north (above their heads), dying in the west, and descending to the vertical south (below their feet). All natural phenomena was believed to be figurative of spiritual phenomena. So, the Jews believed that darkness preceded light as natural doctrine, and the Moon and Sun were believed to "govern" the darkness and light. Since darkness comes first chronologically, the Moon is the first government of the people. The metaphor of darkness is sin, and the government of sin is the Law, which came through Moses. So, the Moon is merely a natural parable of the spiritual Law...the light in a dark place. The Moon was perceived by the Jews to have 10 phases and 12 cycles. The 10 phases were represented by commandments, while the 12 cycles were represented by tribes. Moving forward, the Sun was perceived by the Christians to have been fulfilled in the spiritual government of Christ...1 phase and 12 cycles, which were represented by the commandment of love, which fulfills the whole Law, and the 12 apostles. In summary,

Moon-Law

10 Phases-10 Commandments

12 Cycles-12 Tribes

Sun-Messiah

1 Phase-Love

12 Cycles-12 Apostles

• Like 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

The ten commandments are based upon natural phenomena perceived by the Jews. The Jews believed that the earth was a four cornered stationary box with an expanse above the earth that reached to heaven and an expanse below that reached to hell. They believed that the Sun and Moon rotated vertically around the earth, being born in the east, rising to the vertical north (above their heads), dying in the west, and descending to the vertical south (below their feet). All natural phenomena was believed to be figurative of spiritual phenomena. So, the Jews believed that darkness preceded light as natural doctrine, and the Moon and Sun were believed to "govern" the darkness and light. Since darkness comes first chronologically, the Moon is the first government of the people. The metaphor of darkness is sin, and the government of sin is the Law, which came through Moses. So, the Moon is merely a natural parable of the spiritual Law...the light in a dark place. The Moon was perceived by the Jews to have 10 phases and 12 cycles. The 10 phases were represented by commandments, while the 12 cycles were represented by tribes. Moving forward, the Sun was perceived by the Christians to have been fulfilled in the spiritual government of Christ...1 phase and 12 cycles, which were represented by the commandment of love, which fulfills the whole Law, and the 12 apostles. In summary,

Moon-Law

12 Cycles-12 Tribes

Sun-Messiah

1 Phase-Love

12 Cycles-12 Apostles

This is very interesting. I wish my mind was not quite so dead at the moment so that I could take more of it in (I have an assignment due on Monday for Uni, and I'm madly trying to get it done. It's a lot more involved than I initially expected unsure.png ). Would you mind providing some references I could look at later, please?

by the way, welcome to Ex-C :)

Moon-Law

12 Cycles-12 Tribes

Sun-Messiah

1 Phase-Love

12 Cycles-12 Apostles

Hey that's cool! Thanks for sharing.

The Sephiroths of Kabbalah tradition are the aspects of God, and there are apparently 10 of them.

Numbers are to the mature mathematician what coins are to bankers. They're not really what mathematics is all about.

Just had to say that. :HaHa:

Carry on.

I know it's a strange question, then again, most of my questions do seem strange.

No stranger than the number that's reverberated in my skull ever since my deconversion....Ménage à trois!

The Sephiroths of Kabbalah tradition are the aspects of God, and there are apparently 10 of them.

I agree. The Tree of Life monad is central to Hebrew mysticism.

BTW, this is what we're talking about when we mention the Tree of Life and the sephiroth (fruit). You'll notice an 11th spere called Da'ath. It is believed to be a portal to another Tree of Life not existing in this realm, but the other 10 sephiroth for the portals for the world we reside in. The 10 commandments begin at Malkuth (the kingdom) and work their way up to Kether (the crown).

tree-of-life1.gif

So maybe I'm just weird and think differently to other people. I don't know. I did a quick search on the Ten Commandments through the forum, and a lot of people have spoken about what they mean and how stupid they are and yada yada yada... But no-one seems to have my issue with them. So I'm going to lay it on the table, and I'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject smile.png

The Ten Commandments. The TEN Commandments. Has anyone else ever noticed that it's an unusual number to have in the bible? Especially considering how enamoured with certain numbers the bible writers were? All through the bible, you see the numbers 3, 7, 12, and 40 occuring in relation to important events. But 10? Isn't it a bit of an anomaly?

I know it's a strange question, then again, most of my questions do seem strange. But the number 10 kind of makes me wonder if the Ten Commandments were added at a later date, by someone possibly influenced by paganism, as 10 is a multiple of the number 5. I tried to raise this with a christian once and they said, "but 3 and 7 equals 10! Therefor it IS a holy number!" But I kind of thought to myself that that was not quite how the bible writers usually did it. When I spoke to my mum about it (she put the bloody question in my head 3 years ago, and it's bugged me ever since!), she wondered whether they added 3 commandments or left out 2.

Any thoughts?

I was too lazy to actually 'read' all the replies today so I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that there are 13 members in a coven of witches...and coincidentally Jesus plus the 12 disciples = 13...spooky...haha

...My head hurts JoyLynouch.gif

I will come back to this topic, but not until I get this bloody long assignment finished. Only half an exercise and two reading reviews to go. Oh, and a batch of anzac cookies and a batch of peanut butter cookies to make. Oh, and some presents to wrap. Fuck Christmas, it's so fucking inconvenient ugh.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Moon-Law

12 Cycles-12 Tribes

Sun-Messiah

1 Phase-Love

12 Cycles-12 Apostles

This is very interesting. I wish my mind was not quite so dead at the moment so that I could take more of it in (I have an assignment due on Monday for Uni, and I'm madly trying to get it done. It's a lot more involved than I initially expected unsure.png ). Would you mind providing some references I could look at later, please?

by the way, welcome to Ex-C smile.png

No worries about the dead moment. The theology, so to speak, is my own observation that I acquired from reading the Bible and requiring the same kind of answer to the question that was asked in this post. Basically, my understanding of the earth being a parable of the metaphorical spirit comes from the first chapter in Romans where Apostle Paul says that everything of the spirit, including the Godhead, can be perceived by natural phenomena, so that men are without excuse in regards to unbelief. So, my investigation has to ask what natural doctrine caused the Hebrews to perceive their spiritual doctrine. And everything Hebraical, as evidenced by the first chapter of the entire canon, is based on numerology. So, I know from the entire Scripture that darkness is a parable for sin and light a parable for righteousness. I know the Moon is the light in the dark place (and Paul talks about that glory in Romans 7). And I know that the Sun is the light in the bright place (of which Christ is specifically addressed in Malachi and the entire New Testament as both the Sun and the light that came down from heaven). So, I already know that the spiritual embodiment of Moon is Law and of Sun is Christ. I then know that the Hebrews based their government on sequences of sevens and twelves. For example, there were seven major feasts paralleling the seven days of creation: 1) Tabernacles, 2) Weeks, 3) Unleavened Bread, 4) Trumpets, 5) Firstfruits, 6) Passover, 7) Atonement. In relation to twelves, they were based on lunar and solar months, which were governments shared by many nations. If you look into the Old Testament, you will find that Adam, Genesis 5, had a generation of 12, Shem, son of Noah, also had a generation of 12, there were twelve tribes of Israel, there were 12 Judges, and even Ishmael had a generation of 12. The 12 tribes were the government of Israel under the Law, however (the lunar months). And then under Christ, the government was of Apostles (the solar months). And then I always wondered where the seeminly random 10 commandments came from, which were summarized in the New Testament as one commandment, and I came to the conclusion that these must have been the products of the phases of both Moon (which are contemporarily ordered in a sequence of nine, rather than ten) and Sun (which obviously does not have such phases as the Moon does), and of which I am personally convinced. Personally, I am much indebted to that statement of Apostle Paul, whereby I can now understand that the Jewish structures were not some mystical establishment, but a superstitious one rather. Thanks for your welcome! Take care.

No worries about the dead moment. The theology, so to speak, is my own observation that I acquired from reading the Bible and requiring the same kind of answer to the question that was asked in this post. Basically, my understanding of the earth being a parable of the metaphorical spirit comes from the first chapter in Romans where Apostle Paul says that everything of the spirit, including the Godhead, can be perceived by natural phenomena, so that men are without excuse in regards to unbelief. So, my investigation has to ask what natural doctrine caused the Hebrews to perceive their spiritual doctrine. And everything Hebraical, as evidenced by the first chapter of the entire canon, is based on numerology. So, I know from the entire Scripture that darkness is a parable for sin and light a parable for righteousness. I know the Moon is the light in the dark place (and Paul talks about that glory in Romans 7). And I know that the Sun is the light in the bright place (of which Christ is specifically addressed in Malachi and the entire New Testament as both the Sun and the light that came down from heaven). So, I already know that the spiritual embodiment of Moon is Law and of Sun is Christ. I then know that the Hebrews based their government on sequences of sevens and twelves. For example, there were seven major feasts paralleling the seven days of creation: 1) Tabernacles, 2) Weeks, 3) Unleavened Bread, 4) Trumpets, 5) Firstfruits, 6) Passover, 7) Atonement. In relation to twelves, they were based on lunar and solar months, which were governments shared by many nations. If you look into the Old Testament, you will find that Adam, Genesis 5, had a generation of 12, Shem, son of Noah, also had a generation of 12, there were twelve tribes of Israel, there were 12 Judges, and even Ishmael had a generation of 12. The 12 tribes were the government of Israel under the Law, however (the lunar months). And then under Christ, the government was of Apostles (the solar months). And then I always wondered where the seeminly random 10 commandments came from, which were summarized in the New Testament as one commandment, and I came to the conclusion that these must have been the products of the phases of both Moon (which are contemporarily ordered in a sequence of nine, rather than ten) and Sun (which obviously does not have such phases as the Moon does), and of which I am personally convinced. Personally, I am much indebted to that statement of Apostle Paul, whereby I can now understand that the Jewish structures were not some mystical establishment, but a superstitious one rather. Thanks for your welcome! Take care.

Wow, you really looked into that heavily. That's impressive.