Goodbye Jesus

Such A Kind And Benevolent Gawd!

Evelyn

I heard that a man who preached the gospel around the world and whom I briefly knew 20 years ago suddenly dropped dead of cardiac arrest on 11/26. I don't know how old he was, probably in his 50s. He leaves a wife and five daughters, aged 9-19.

People who are fellow ministers and missionaries are saying that he was such a man of gawd and did so much to minister to people and had a great marriage and was a loving father, etc etc. Then why the hell did gawd "take" him and leave his family bereft and possibly in a bad way, financially? Sure, some of that is his/their fault, living on faith for years that gawd will provide for his ministry and to support his family. I don't recall if his wife has a job or has ever had a job. A trust fund has been set up, don't know much help that will be.

Just ranting here at the stupidity of what people are saying...

Like steel is tempered by fire, like stone is shaped by glaciers, God tempers us and shapes us to make us more worthy of his special love. It seems harsh, but it is for our own good.

Either that or he is a sadistic bastard or doesn't exist at all.

• Like 1

Sadistic bastard non-existent invisible sky god laugh.png

Needless to say, I won't be going to his funeral. I considered going out of respect for him and his family, but for the following factors:

>Other attendees will be radical fundies, some of whom I haven't seen in 20 years

>Funeral will be held at a church I used to attend and left 15+ years ago on my way out of xianity

>I'm currently unemployed so those I whom I haven't seen in years will want to pray for me, though I could lie about my situation

>I don't wish to be around fundies

i wouldent be so hard on the people even though they are deluded but their just trying to show their respects in their own way no matter how irritating it may be.

>Other attendees will be radical fundies, some of whom I haven't seen in 20 years

>Funeral will be held at a church I used to attend and left 15+ years ago on my way out of xianity

>I'm currently unemployed so those I whom I haven't seen in years will want to pray for me, though I could lie about my situation

>I don't wish to be around fundies

Any one of those is reason enough not to go.

If you'd like to do something for his family out of respect and/or compassion, it sounds like one option could be to donate to the trust fund you mentioned. You could also send a more personal card to his family or something.