Goodbye Jesus

The AntiChrist

duderonomy

Hi all,

Just thinking...

What if we are the people that God sends a 'strong delusion' to, so they will believe a lie? If we willingly reject the truth, will we side with The AntiChrist, should one pop up? I'm thinking of the book of Revelation, where at the very end, all the godless turn their guns towards Jesus, in order to stop him from returning to Earth.

And how many lurkers here would do so, if they thought there was a chance of stopping Jesus from coming back and 'establishing His Kingdom'?

I don't think the Revelations said that AntiChrist will try to stop Jesus from coming back.

Supposedly AntiChrist will be a new religious leader, that even will deceive Christians. For instance the Pope has been considered a strong candidate for Antichrist. (Anti doesn't mean "against", but "instead-of" in this concept)

According to the Revelation, nothing will stop Jesus from coming back. But this Antichrist is supposed to bring world peace for 3.5 years. Maybe it's Bush?

Well, if I'm one of the ones that God has sent a "strong delusion" to, he better get on the ball and (as Emeril would say) kick it up a notch.

'Cuz that's the only way I'll ever "willingly" bow down to, or worship anything, let alone a man. :mellow:

Hi all,

Just thinking...

What if we are the people that God sends a 'strong delusion' to, so they will believe a lie?

Then god's an asshole, and doesn't deserve worship.

What if we are the people that God sends a 'strong delusion' to, so they will believe a lie?

Perhaps those who accept faith are the ones being referred to. Why would the Bible warn nonbelievers? That doesn't make much sense. The warnings are for the believers, because they are the ones being strongly deluded by the inpenetrable walls of faith.

Then god's an asshole, and doesn't deserve worship.

103940[/snapback]

..but we knew that already.

What else could we expect from a deity that chooses to harden pharoh's heart so he can visit plagues upon innocent people and kill their first born just to say hey look at what a badass I am?

What a fuckhead.

Strong Delusion: 2nd Thessalonians 2; 7-12.

Fighting against Christ's return: Revelation 19; 11-21... esp. vs.19

I should have thrown in the Bible references from the start.

I'm just saying 'what if?'. I'm playing Devil's Advocate of course (no pun intended).

Yes, we are the Antichrists.

And this post is the post#:

I'm going to celebrate until I reach 6666.

Han...

You put so much thought into that post! If you take that much time to think, how did you ever reach 6160?

Duder

:scratch:

You put so much thought into that post! If you take that much time to think, how did you ever reach 6160?

Hmmm...

that should be obvious to anyone who has done even a modicum of historical research into the number of the beast (laymen included).

SpamandHam,

I get it about the #'s 666, and 616, for that matter. My response to HanSolo was supposed to be 'tounge in cheek'.

I thought maybe some of the faithful would jump in with their opinions on the delusion stuff (I would have, back in the day!).

Anyway, no offence meant to anyone. I say that because it's hard enough for me to communicate through typing as it is sometimes, but here I don't even have the pat answers and cliche's that were so handy in the Christian circles I used to type in.

:Doh:

SpamandHam,

I get it about the #'s 666, and 616, for that matter. My response to HanSolo was supposed to be 'tounge in cheek'.

I thought maybe some of the faithful would jump in with their opinions on the delusion stuff (I would have, back in the day!).

Anyway, no offence meant to anyone.  I say that because it's hard enough for me to communicate through typing as it is sometimes, but here I don't even have the pat answers and cliche's that were so handy in the Christian circles I used to type in.

:Doh:

105547[/snapback]

No offense taken. :grin:

Maybe it's easier to communicate if you start Typing in Fingers instead, and have someone interpret it with the help of the Wooly Spock? :)

Guvf vf n grfg bs rapelcgvba. Vf guvf yvxr glcvat va gbathrf? Be vf gung glcvat va svatref? YBY

Hi all,

Just thinking...

What if we are the people that God sends a 'strong delusion' to, so they will believe a lie? If we willingly reject the truth, will we side with The AntiChrist, should one pop up? I'm thinking of the book of Revelation, where at the very end, all the godless turn their guns towards Jesus, in order to stop him from returning to Earth.

And how many lurkers here would do so, if they thought there was a chance of stopping Jesus from coming back and 'establishing His Kingdom'?

103849[/snapback]

You can all breath a sigh of relief: I am the antichrist.

Maybe it's easier to communicate if you start Typing in Fingers instead, and have someone interpret it with the help of the Wooly Spock? :)

105566[/snapback]

LOL! I almost forgot about the typing in fingers thread!

(...and in my distorted memory, it was my silly idea)

103849[/snapback]

I don't see that I'd have to do ANYTHING at all to prevent "Jesus from coming back and 'establishing his kingdom' "

Hi all,

Just thinking...

103849[/snapback]

You can all breath a sigh of relief: I am the antichrist.

Sorry but.. Paul said there were already many Anti-Christs around in his day.

How did Paul identify the Anti-Christ body? All who professed that

Christ had not come in the flesh were deemed as AntiChrist. Of course

this indicates those Jews and Pharisees who hated Jesus.

btw, this eliminates the Pope and Bill Gates and Donald Trump. :Doh:

But hey, you could apply for false prophet and give Pat Robertson a run for his money.

:Wendywhatever:

where at the very end, all the godless turn their guns towards Jesus, in order to stop him from returning to Earth.

How is that even possible?? You can't stop God from doing anything...

Hi all,

Just thinking...

Or...what if the believers are the people that the Anti-Christ sent a strong delusion to so they would believe a lie? That would make the entire book a delusion device and we are the ones that turn the light on them in order to bring peace (inner christ) to the world?

Jesus could never come back, but maybe an enlightment would bring about a kingdom of peace. We would just have to work on those believers! :wicked:

Christ - Love God

Anti-Christ – Hate God. It’s just a hoax anyway. WE are the only God there is.

Christ - Love even your enemy (meaning their soul, not their behavior)

Anti-Christ – Hate your enemy. Kill or gain power over him so he can no longer offend you.

Christ - Forgive those who have offended so as to attempt peace

Anti-Christ – Make them suffer and RESPECT you. Peace is impossible, a dream of fools.

Christ - Love your neighbor as though he was yourself.

Anti-Christ – Do unto others before they do unto you (and don’t forget to blame someone else)

Christ - Enjoy all of your life. Refuse to worry even to the end.

Anti-Christ – Fight for what is YOURS. Always strive for what can not be reached. Watch your enemy closely to ensure he can not take from you.

Christ - Have faith in seeking joy on Earth and in loving the God that made it.

Anti-Christ – Trust no one. All are selfish and merely trying to take advantage. If you don’t win the race, then you deserve to suffer. You can’t know joy unless you know suffering.

Christ - Love God

Anti-Christ – Hate your enemy. Kill or gain power over him so he can no longer offend you.

Anti-Christ – Make them suffer and RESPECT you. Peace is impossible, a dream of fools.

Anti-Christ – Do unto others before they do unto you (and don’t forget to blame someone else)

Anti-Christ – Fight for what is YOURS. Always strive for what can not be reached. Watch your enemy closely to ensure he can not take from you.

Anti-Christ – Trust no one. All are selfish and merely trying to take advantage. If you don’t win the race, then you deserve to suffer. You can’t know joy unless you know suffering.

Yes...the inner Christ.

Christ - Love God

Means that you should love him

Just be ready when I tell you to anihilate them. If you don't then I'll take away your kingdom

Josh 11:9-12

And Joshua did unto them as the LORD bade him: he houghed(hamstrung) their horses, and burnt their chariots with fire.

And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms.

And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.

And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded.

The instructions of God regarding who should occupy the Holy Land are clear.

Deut 7:1-6

When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

Deut 20:12-16

And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

Also you must revenge all disobediance.

2 Cor 10:6

And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Despite the "love your enemies" oriented sayings which Jesus was supposed to have said, he also exhibited the same ego driven desire for power and worship that the Old Testament tribal deity displayed.

Matt 12:30

He that is not with me(Jesus) is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Jesus, in a parable, demonstrated exactly what he thought of those who didn't want him to be Lord and Master over their lives.

Luke 19:27

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

And Jesus again makes it clear what happens to those who "offend" him.

Matt 13:41-42

The Son of man(Jesus) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And make sure you make them your slave, once they surrender.

Deut 20:10-11

When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries(forced laborers) unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

Only if he belongs in the same faith

2 Cor 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness

But only worry about Hell, cause it BURRRNS

2 Thes 1:6-9

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

And just be careful not land in hand of the living god

Heb 10:31

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Actually it is christians who say God makes us suffer so that we can enjoy when we are not suffering

pritishd,

I believe the topic here was "Christ vs Anti-Christ" ..who is the "Anti"?

Not why Jesus was so silly and how the Jew is so honorably wise.

Believe it or not, I don't hate the Jews. They just never EVER admit their guilt and are SO quick to divert blame, so that leaves it up to those with a little backbone to take up the slack a bit.

I would much prefer the Jew to rule than the Muslim.

But I would prefer the Buddhist to the Jew.

And I would prefer the Christian to the Buddhist (not the SCC tho)

The scientist is not even in the running because his religion is still too young to be manipulating people so much.

But in reality I prefer none of the above, but I need merely to wait.

There is another option as of yet unshown.

Your Jewish laws and hope will not fail... not until it has won first.

..OORR... were you just trying to demonstrate the role of the "Anti"??

Christ - Love God

It doesn't have to be negated that way. "Anti" doesn't have to mean "against" or "negation of", but it could be used as the meaning of "instead of".

For instance, "Love God", could be replaced by "Love your neighbor, your family, yourself and life", and leave God out of it.

And when it comes to "love your enemy", it's not necessarily that "antichrist" have to hate the enemy. According to the Bible, the alleged Antichrist is supposed to bring peace to earth, and not war. He's supposed to bring peace through human means and not godly. And to tell you the truth, many Christians are the best "enemy haters" I have met. There are more "enemy lovers" within the ranks of apostates than in the Christian fold. So would the correct conclusion be that Christians are the Antichrist if they hate their enemies?

I'm not even going to bother about the rest of your comparison, since I believe it's a wrong description of the so-called Anti-Christ. I'm not even sure if that's the correct Biblical description.

It doesn't have to be negated that way. "Anti" doesn't have to mean "against" or "negation of", but it could be used as the meaning of "instead of".

Hans, without looking it up, I'm pretty sure "anti" means "against" and I'm pretty sure that was the way it was meant when the term was coined. But even if it actually just meant "in place of", due to that one quote from Jesus Himself, "If you are not for me, then you are against me." then any replacement would still be "against"

:shrug: