Goodbye Jesus

Had A Sub Tell The Class That Scientist Belived In Scientology.

Kaiser01

so in class today we had a sub, and this sub was not the brightest crayola in the box.

he tried to explain to the class that scientist belived that a alein was what started life on the planet and thats where the religion of scientology comes from.

i had to camly explain to him that scientology was created by L.Ron hubbard the science fiction writer not scientist.

*facepalm*

Exactly how low is the bar for getting into substitute teaching these days? In other cultures, teaching is a VERY highly regarded profession, but we treat our educators like shit in this country. Naturally, quality is going to suffer for it.

Scientology is little more than organized crime. To be fair, all organized religion is, but scientology is among the worst and the people in charge are some of the most litigious bastards ever. At least the christians won't go after you legally for posting their most secret "teachings" on the internet. If you want the real dirt on scientology go to xenu.net.

so in class today we had a sub, and this sub was not the brightest crayola in the box.

he tried to explain to the class that scientist belived that a alein was what started life on the planet and thats where the religion of scientology comes from.

i had to camly explain to him that scientology was created by L.Ron hubbard the science fiction writer not scientist.

I'm not sure what the topic is here. "Scientist" is a broad term. It can include everything from a computer scientist who designs and programs computers and computer programs to an astrophysicist who gauges the age of the universe by studying how stars evolve and devolve. Obviously, the computer scientist can be a fundamentalist creationist Christian while the astrophysicist most likely cannot.

Then there's middle-of-the-road Christians like the biologist Ken Miller who believe in evolution and fervently promote it because it is science. In this way, they manage to reconcile their beliefs and the real world to some extent.

What confuses me re topic for this thread is that you bring in the religion of Scientology. That is a very different story. Scientology and science are not the same thing and I am not sure whether this thread is supposed to be about Scientology or about science. I think it is quite likely that there are people from the Church of Scientology who have training as computer scientists or electricians or optometrists or medical doctors or other kinds of scientists that work strictly with the here and now of this planet in technology or engineering, or architecture, etc. In that case, your sub would have been correct that scientists can believe in Scientology doctrine.

Here is the link for Church of Scientology. There is also a Church of Christian Science, which is apparently another religion. See Christian Science vs. Scientology. Those are all about religion and like I said above, those religious people may well work as scientists, too. But that is lower-case "s" science concerned with learning how the physical world works. That kind of real science uses empirical evidence to prove that what we think is true actually is true about the universe and our planet. This is proved via repeatable tests with predictable outcomes.

And there is nothing Christians like better than when they start to build something--a computer, a building, or an airplane--that it will turn out as planned; that the science behind it is dependable and predictable. And few jobs seem more "Christian" than the healing professions, which of necessity require in depth knowledge and cooperation with medical science. At least, that is, if they wish to practice in mainstream Western medicine. I'm not sure about the Scientology and Christian Science churches.

But maybe I totally missed the point of the OP of this thread.

Where the hell do you go to school? Your recent stories lead me to believe you've got a bunch of dim bulbs over where you're at.

mwc

In some localities where I have lived, one could be a substitute teacher just by signing up at the local school. Others required a few college credit hours, most are just a fill-in while the teacher is gone because kids are required to be in school so many hours per school year.

I'm not sure what the topic is here. "Scientist" is a broad term. It can include everything from a computer scientist who designs and programs computers and computer programs to an astrophysicist who gauges the age of the universe by studying how stars evolve and devolve. Obviously, the computer scientist can be a fundamentalist creationist Christian while the astrophysicist most likely cannot.

Then there's middle-of-the-road Christians like the biologist Ken Miller who believe in evolution and fervently promote it because it is science. In this way, they manage to reconcile their beliefs and the real world to some extent.

What confuses me re topic for this thread is that you bring in the religion of Scientology. That is a very different story. Scientology and science are not the same thing and I am not sure whether this thread is supposed to be about Scientology or about science. I think it is quite likely that there are people from the Church of Scientology who have training as computer scientists or electricians or optometrists or medical doctors or other kinds of scientists that work strictly with the here and now of this planet in technology or engineering, or architecture, etc. In that case, your sub would have been correct that scientists can believe in Scientology doctrine.

Here is the link for Church of Scientology. There is also a Church of Christian Science, which is apparently another religion. See Christian Science vs. Scientology. Those are all about religion and like I said above, those religious people may well work as scientists, too. But that is lower-case "s" science concerned with learning how the physical world works. That kind of real science uses empirical evidence to prove that what we think is true actually is true about the universe and our planet. This is proved via repeatable tests with predictable outcomes.

And there is nothing Christians like better than when they start to build something--a computer, a building, or an airplane--that it will turn out as planned; that the science behind it is dependable and predictable. And few jobs seem more "Christian" than the healing professions, which of necessity require in depth knowledge and cooperation with medical science. At least, that is, if they wish to practice in mainstream Western medicine. I'm not sure about the Scientology and Christian Science churches.

But maybe I totally missed the point of the OP of this thread.

lol you missed the point i wasnt equating scientist with sociologist my sub was and i was explaining to him how their two difrent things.

Where the hell do you go to school? Your recent stories lead me to believe you've got a bunch of dim bulbs over where you're at.

mwc

bebee arkansas

not every one there is a bunch of dimwits but alot of them are, in fact i have alot of freinds that are really smart and we debate politics alot.

bebee arkansas

not every one there is a bunch of dimwits but alot of them are, in fact i have alot of freinds that are really smart and we debate politics alot.

My question was rhetorical but I appreciate the answer nonetheless. :)

You and your friends may be the saving grace of your area.

mwc