Goodbye Jesus

"relationships" In The Church

jblueep

It's amazing how a person can believe they are called to do just about any idiotic thing, and if they want to they can easily find "confirmation" for it. Several years ago I knew a woman who was convinced she was "called" to marry a member of the band "Poison" (and convert him to Christianity, of course!). She'd go to the concerts and even got backstage once and made out with him (which she was convinced god set up for her!). I was in meetings with her where people would give her prophetic words and she managed to twist them all into "confirmation" that she was supposed to marry this guy. I was amazed that no one around her was trying to talk any sense into her. Oh and btw, she was a single mom with a young son!

Last I heard she'd married some other guy...guess god changed his mind! Wendyshrug.gif

Oh dear...eek.gif

Religion really does mess with people's minds, doesn't it?

That's the part that makes it hurt a little more I think. We are not well off. I have been self employed for 25 years, so I had the ability to put my business on hold. It doesn't take long to add up to 100K when you remove income and use savings to live on sad.png We do live in a low middle class area though so I think many people in the church thought we were well off (that plus the misconception that self employed people are "rolling in it")

Well, that's a damn shame is all I can say. Even if you were well off, they should be grateful to you putting in all that time and money to help THEM out. Instead these Christians just like to get whatever they can from people and then toss them aside when they are of no use to them anymore. mad.gif