Goodbye Jesus

Genocide

Dirac

From my Christian days it's my understanding that the good Lord ordered the murder of children. Could someone point me to the relevant passages of scripture which details this and similar horrors please. Saves me hunting round. Man I'm lazy!

Thanks gadeshet. Just found another site, there's lots on google, pointless thread really!.

I remember for a long time as a teenage Christian comfortably reconciling my loving God with a monster who directs the killing of "children and infants" 1 Samuel c.15. I have recently been thinking of going back to church. Dear god, what has possessed me? Is my childhood indoctrination so great that even at age 23 I cannot fuly escape it. Not a month goes by where I don;t test out Jesus by asking him to show himself to me. Isn't that awful?

I don;t believe in him of course, but the indoctrination is just so heavy.

Holy crap that's a lot of horror directed by the Almighty One gadeshet. No, no good deity would do such things, no way. Stuff Christianity, evil religion.

Thanks gadeshet. Just found another site, there's lots on google, pointless thread really!.

I remember for a long time as a teenage Christian comfortably reconciling my loving God with a monster who directs the killing of "children and infants" 1 Samuel c.15. I have recently been thinking of going back to church. Dear god, what has possessed me? Is my childhood indoctrination so great that even at age 23 I cannot fuly escape it. Not a month goes by where I don;t test out Jesus by asking him to show himself to me. Isn't that awful?

I don;t believe in him of course, but the indoctrination is just so heavy.

103898[/snapback]

It takes time to deprogram. My greatest fear after leaving Christianity was getting trapped again. Whatever you do, stay out of Church. I remind myself every day just how much I hate the Christian dogma. I read the other day that the two best ways to innoculate yourself are through Science and Zen. I chose Science.