Goodbye Jesus

I Am Uncomfortable With Labels

Noumena

Abusers always try and make it your fault. That's how they justify harming you. They project their traits quite often.

but I have a hard time letting go of the fact that she hasn't acknowledged the shit she put me through. No apology. No responsibility. Nothing.

I'm sorry to hear what you've went through. I personally struggled (and still do in some ways) with dealing with this same thing with my father. As a child my father became an alcoholic and a drug addict. He would physically abuse my mother (a good portion of my childhood memories are him boot bashing my mother or smashing her head against the stairs until there was blood) and eventually his addictions cost us our home. My mother left him and he was out of the picture for most of my life. He made appearances every once in a while but he would land himself in jail and not be heard from again for many years at a time.

He phones me out of nowhere when I was around 19 and expected me to welcome him with open arms. When I didn't he got angry and projected the blame onto me. On more than one occasion he has referred to me as being damaged because I am withdrawn and not very social. He has never apologized to me or my mother and has only blamed her or me for his behavior. Things have improved for various reasons, but I don't think I'll ever hear him apologize.

Your father doesn't deserve to be in your life, Jaded. Your story really made my heart ache. You are someone that I would like to meet, because I think you sound like a beautiful person, and the next time I'm down your way, I'd like to have a coffee with you, if that's okay.

You're a much better person than your father can ever hope to be.

I'm one half step from being a redneck.

I'm somewhat kin to Southern gentlemen.

But you'll never quite figure out what I am.

And when I'm gone you'll say, "What the fuck? Damn."

• Like 1

Your father doesn't deserve to be in your life, Jaded. Your story really made my heart ache. You are someone that I would like to meet, because I think you sound like a beautiful person, and the next time I'm down your way, I'd like to have a coffee with you, if that's okay.

I don't think I'm as beautiful as you believe but coffee sometime sounds great :D

"I am uncomfortable with labels"

You'll grow out of it

I know.

I don't think I'm as beautiful as you believe but coffee sometime sounds great biggrin.png

LOL awesome :) Don't know when it will be, but I'll get down there at some point :)

You'll grow out of it

I know.

Because your beauty will always show through.

• Like 2

You'll grow out of it

I know.

Because your beauty will always show through.

Thanks, London. smile.png