Goodbye Jesus

World is 'intelligent project' that reflects

Fweethawt

World is 'intelligent project' that

reflects divine origin, pope says

By John Thavis

Catholic News Service

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI said that far from being a product of chance the created world is an "intelligent project" that reflects a divine origin

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Yes. The Universe is a machine to calculate the Big Question for 42.

"The pope made the remarks at a general audience at the Vatican Nov. 9, commenting about Psalm 136, which gives thanks for creation."

Psalms 136 unh?

"fooled by the atheism that they carry inside them, imagine the universe deprived of direction and order, as if at the mercy of chance.""

Psa 136:4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

Glory!

"Through sacred Scripture, the Lord reawakens the reason that sleeps and tells us that in the beginning is the creative word, the creative reason, the reason that has created everything, that has created this intelligent project," he said."

Psa 136:10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy [endureth] for ever:

Yes it is quite merciful to punish the sins of the father on the childern. Oh that is mercy.

""the cosmos is also love.""

Psa 136:17- 18 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy [endureth] for ever; And slew famous kings: for his mercy [endureth] for ever:

Yes the cosmos is love when you smite kings (hope it was a fair fight God) and smiting firstborn.

"The signs of God's love are seen in the marvels of creation and in the great gifts he has given to his people. The Fathers of the Church teach us to recognize in created things the greatness of God and his merciful love toward us,"

Psa 136:10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy [endureth] for ever:

Yep, this again is truely a marvel and a sure sign of love.

"not a cold, distant God, but one who loves his creatures and suffers when they are unfaithful to him, when they reject his merciful fatherly affection."

Of course, its wonderful loving act that God does killing firstborn. I don't remember reading how much God was suffering with the poor kids he killed, but hey, whatevever.

105705[/snapback]

Unfortunately, like in so many rushed projects I've seen, it too was inadequately documented.

105705[/snapback]

Unfortunately, like in so many rushed projects I've seen, it too was inadequately documented.

107974[/snapback]

Damn dolphins

Psalm 136 also celebrates the violent and bloody subjugation

of the Canaanites. More wonderful proof of an ever-loving

gawd.

:Doh:

Psalm 136 also celebrates the violent and bloody subjugation

of the Canaanites.  More wonderful proof of an ever-loving

gawd.

:Doh:

108151[/snapback]

The spin these guys use just astoundes me. And you know some Christian out there somewhere out there is like no kidding that Psalm 136 shows God's love blah blah blah.

The pope said the presence of God in creation was a "cosmic revelation" available to everyone, but he said one must have "clear eyes" to contemplate and understand this revelation, a process that is aided by prayer.

gallery_900_44_24233.gif

Clear eyes? He believes in an Invisible Sky Man and he thinks I need clear eyes?

:lmao:

The spin these guys use just astoundes me. And you know some Christian out there somewhere out there is like no kidding that Psalm 136 shows God's love blah blah blah.

108251[/snapback]

Psalm 136 is basically a thumbnail sketch of everything that is

wrong with the Old Testament: the genesis creation accounts,

Exodus, and the Israeli conquest of Canaan. Yet they insist on

using this as proof that atheism is wrong?!?

:eek:

You've gotta admit though, that having a Nazi Pope makes it easy to lump Catholicism in with the fundies.

I can't wait to see his next big speech.

gallery_900_44_1470.jpg

"Töten Sie alle Juden! Uh... I mean, uh... God loves everyone and smiting people is proof of it."

Yikes....Jose....that last post of yours, with the devil Pope and the

photo of Daniel in your Avatar.....if you added one more, you'd

have an unholy trinity!

:grin: