Goodbye Jesus

The Confusing Nature Of Christianity

jackbauer

You know, in addition to being a fear/guilt based religion, Christianity is also confusing.

-We automatically stand under condemnation for our sin. We can't help but sin, but it's still our fault.

-Jesus took the penality, so we don't have to do anything, yet we still have to repent and humble ourselves.

-Jesus doesn't show up, it must be because we still have some sin in our life, but when we try to humble ourselves, we are relying on our own efforts.

-We shouldn't obey man and should instead obey god. Well then why am I listening to you?

-Hell was created for the devil and his angles, yet according to Christards, most people end up there anyway.

-We must love god to avoid hell, yet god can tell if we really love him or are just pretending to to get out of hell.

-There are false prophets everywhere. Well, how am I supposed to know you're not one of them?

It's just a big mind fuck. With all the fear and guilt slung around, it's no wonder I didn't last long trying to figure out what god wanted. Don't get me started on the metaphysics of a relationship with a god I can't see or hear from. Especially when this god is what I'm supposed to put all my trust in.

Fucking Christians, don't they realize that their religion makes no damned sense?

• Like 7

Is God the author of confusion?

yes

--------------------

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech..... Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: - Genesis 11: 7 -9

God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. - 1 Corinthians 1:27

no

---------------------

For God is not the author of confusion.... 1 Corinthians 14:33

from here.... http://skepticsannot.../confusion.html

You're supposed to listen to the "leading of the spirit" but if you screw up it was "the devil fooling you." Why isn't there a spirit ID on all these voices I'm supposed to hear?

Jack, that was an awesome OP in my opinion by the way.

I failed to mention that in my first post.

Why isn't there a spirit ID on all these voices I'm supposed to hear?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Uh, yeah.

Good post!

Yes, it has many contradictions, like claiming that they are the "light" to the world, but their worldview is so dark and depressing that scientist named the midevial "Dark ages", they say belief in God casts away all the fear, yet you must fear God, you shouldn't be proud, but then again "Where's your pride?".....there are much more of this, but I can't remember at the moment....