Goodbye Jesus

Richard Roberts steals bicycle

Taphophilia

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Everytime I see Oral or Richard Roberts I think of this story.

When my ex-husband's dad was 12 years old (in the 50's) the family owned a travel trailer park. One summer Oral Roberts Ministries came to town and hooked up in their park.

Richard Roberts, who was around the same age as my FIL stole his bicycle.

Wanting his bicycle back, my FIL went up to their travel trailer and knocked on the door and Oral opened it.

My FIL explained that Richard had stolen his bicycle and he would like it back.

Oral said, "How do you know it's YOUR bicycle?"

My FIL replied. "Well, it isn't your son's is it?" And he took his bicycle back.

Haha.

That's like the story of how Regis Philbin ran over my late grandpa. Only your story has a happy ending :HaHa:

Haha.

That's like the story of how Regis Philbin ran over my late grandpa. Only your story has a happy ending :HaHa:

106537[/snapback]

OMG! What happened?

Logn story short - This was years ago... Grandpa used to live out west (can't remember the exact state, it's been years since I heard the story). But he was walking down the street one evening when here comes Mr. Philbin, drunk as a college frat boy on graduation night (hell, he likely WAS a college frat boy :HaHa: ) and behind the wheel of a pickup truck.

Regis hit grandpa and dragged him for a block and a half, which resulted in gramps having to get metal plates in his femur.

Grandpa sued, then got COUNTERsued by Regis' lawyers. Needless to say, he lost.

I have a good reason to hate Regis Philbin :grin: