Goodbye Jesus

These Naughty Bible Verses

Onyx

Here is is some of the evil Bible verses:

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath.  He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies!  The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished.  He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm.  The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.  At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt.  In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed.  Who can stand before his fierce anger?  Who can survive his burning fury?  His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence.  The LORD is good.  When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge.  And he knows everyone who trusts in him.  But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood.  He pursues his foes into the darkness of night.  (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers.  Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin.  There are no survivors to even tell what happened.  I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now!  Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.'  But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn."  So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations.  For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them.  All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy.  "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together.  My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings.  (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)

Is any among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.  (James 5:14-15 ASV)

Meanwhile, Sisera ran to the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, because Heber's family was on friendly terms with King Jabin of Hazor.  Jael went out to meet Sisera and said to him, "Come into my tent, sir.  Come in.  Don't be afraid."  So he went into her tent, and she covered him with a blanket.  "Please give me some water," he said. "I'm thirsty."  So she gave him some milk to drink and covered him again.  "Stand at the door of the tent," he told her.  "If anybody comes and asks you if there is anyone here, say no."  But when Sisera fell asleep from exhaustion, Jael quietly crept up to him with a hammer and tent peg.  Then she drove the tent peg through his temple and into the ground, and so he died.  When Barak came looking for Sisera, Jael went out to meet him.  She said, "Come, and I will show you the man you are looking for."  So he followed her into the tent and found Sisera lying there dead, with the tent peg through his temple.  So on that day Israel saw God subdue Jabin, the Canaanite king.  And from that time on Israel became stronger and stronger against King Jabin, until they finally destroyed him.  (Judges 4:17-24 NLT

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure.  They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground.  There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby.  This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there.  They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish.  (Judges 18:27-29 NLT)  (Note that God approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)

After Joshua died, the Israelites asked the LORD, "Which tribe should attack the Canaanites first?"  The LORD answered, "Judah, for I have given them victory over the land."  The leaders of Judah said to their relatives from the tribe of Simeon, "Join with us to fight against the Canaanites living in the territory allotted to us.  Then we will help you conquer your territory."  So the men of Simeon went with Judah.  When the men of Judah attacked, the LORD gave them victory over the Canaanites and Perizzites, and they killed ten thousand enemy warriors at the town of Bezek.  While at Bezek they encountered King Adoni-bezek and fought against him, and the Canaanites and Perizzites were defeated.  Adoni-bezek escaped, but the Israelites soon captured him and cut off his thumbs and big toes.  Adoni-bezek said, "I once had seventy kings with thumbs and big toes cut off, eating scraps from under my table.  Now God has paid me back for what I did to them."  They took him to Jerusalem, and he died there.  The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem and captured it, killing all its people and setting the city on fire.  (Judges 1:1-8 NLT)

What do you think? Post some more!

My angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites; and I will wipe them out.  (Exodus 23:23 NAB)

No child of an incestuous union may be admitted into the community of the Lord, nor any descendent of his even to the tenth generation.  (Deuteronomy 23:3 NAB)

No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord.  (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB)

For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.  (Matthew 19:12 ASV)

Each day prepare your bread as you would barley cakes.  While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread.  For this is what the LORD says: Israel will eat defiled bread in the Gentile lands, where I will banish them!"  Then I said, "O Sovereign LORD, must I be defiled by using human dung?  For I have never been defiled before. From the time I was a child until now I have never eaten any animal that died of sickness or that I found dead. And I have never eaten any of the animals that our laws forbid."  "All right," the LORD said.  "You may bake your bread with cow dung instead of human dung."  (Ezekiel 4:12-15 NLT)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.  (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day.  (Proverbs 16:4 NAB)

But I thought that "Jesus loves the little children. . . . . "

No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord.   (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB)

Thus, God doesn't love children with crushed testicles or a cut off penis.

Now why does God care about children's testicles and penises?

Divine pedophily... :ugh:

I don't like THAT kind of "love".

No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord.   (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB)

106700[/snapback]

Less fun for the priests to molest I suppose.

And put a knife to your throat if you have a ravenous appetite.  (Proverbs 23:2 NAB)

The mouth of an adulteress is a deep pit; he with whom the Lord is angry will fall into it.  (Proverbs 22:14 NAB)

[The prophet Jeremiah speaking]  "Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to offer your prayer: If you remain quietly in this land I will build you up, and not tear you down; I will plant you, not uproot you; for I regret the evil I have done you."  (Jeremiah 42:9-10 NAB)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces."  (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."  (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

"Suppose you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God hands them over to you and you take captives. And suppose you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you are attracted to her and want to marry her. If this happens, you may take her to your home, where she must shave her head, cut her fingernails, and change all her clothes. Then she must remain in your home for a full month, mourning for her father and mother. After that you may marry her. But if you marry her and then decide you do not like her, you must let her go free. You may not sell her or treat her as a slave, for you have humiliated her."    (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

But I thought that "Jesus loves the little children. . . . . "

106695[/snapback]

Jesus (or under his surname GOD) loves to kill the little children.

You know, my co-worker (who's basically a deist) made a very interesting point about the Muslim extremists thanks to those verses that say you should fight for your beliefs: they're not terrorists. They're freedom fighters. :scratch:

You know, my co-worker (who's basically a deist) made a very interesting point about the Muslim extremists thanks to those verses that say you should fight for your beliefs: they're not terrorists.  They're freedom fighters.    :scratch:

107173[/snapback]

Oh course, the issue is they're not seeking freedom from oppression. They're seeking power to oppress everyone else's freedom. In this sense they are Freedom Fighters, in that they are fighting against freedom.

No one whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may be admitted into the community of the Lord.  (Deuteronomy 23:2 NAB)

106700[/snapback]

What happens in a case like John Bobbit who had it put back on? Are there any exceptions for those cases??

as a former fundie, may I please offer an answer to Bodhi...

No.

If it's cut off from you, then you're pretty much cut off from Him.

It doesn't matter in the least if it's put back on!

Since when did man made modern medicine think it could overule the very Word Of God?

Now, what was that joke about the kid at the ice cream shop? The punchline was "Do you want your nuts crushed?".