Goodbye Jesus

Somethings I Still Struggle With.

jackbauer

As I intimated above, i have very deep reactions to the notions of mystical experience and self-realization, going back into my family history as well as my own life, and it would take a lot of time to untangle them and try to carry on dialogue that would benefit you and other readers.

You've peaked my curiosity what that all entails for you. I do however very well understand the difficulty of untangling uncomfortable associations. It's taken me personally a very long time to be able to have this for myself freed from the snares of religious dogma. It was sort of a liberation moment to realize that no religion owns 'God', so to speak. But it was a long process.

It might also be beyond me to respond lucidly and helpfully to what I perceive as layers of personal experience and layers of metaphysical positions in what you write.

There is a considerable amount of science and philosophy supporting what I'm talking about, from systems theory, to linguistics, to neurology, semiotics, structuralism, psychology, evolutionary theory, etc, as well as various metaphysical language of many mystical traditions. Not to mention of course as you've said my own personal experiences. I'd really love playing around in these areas in discussion with you, but I certainly respect your wanting to avoid going into areas that perhaps still hit too close to home, so to speak. Let me know whenever you have any questions or points you wish to discuss.