Goodbye Jesus

Your minds...

Wotanaz

Well now, Jesus cultists. I've heard your bragging a gazillion times...

"...Atheism is wrong because (insert reason)!"

"...Evilution is wrong because (insert reason)!"

and so on.

I challenge you right now, right here. L,et's assume for the sake of debate that atheism/evolutionism/whatever else you love to attack is indeed proven false.

How then does it follow that your death cult is The Only True Faith?

This is your chance to present to all those unbelievers here a shocking surprise. Jump at the opportunity and show them that you have brains. I dare you.

Wow! Tough question. I don't know why anyone would want to become a mime...

Wow!  Tough question.  I don't know why anyone would want to become a mime...

106915[/snapback]

Damn mimes.

Wow!  Tough question.  I don't know why anyone would want to become a mime...

The fresh air from standing on street corners all day, even during crappy weather? Or maybe the excellent pay (like a few coins in a hat will pay the rent). Or...I know, all the exercise from trying to break out of those cages! Must be pretty tough work there.

;)

While I somewhat mourn the fact that no Good Christian tried to answer, I appreciate that people are having fun on this thread.

Keep on partying - what for is life if you can't enjoy it? :wicked:

I once knew a guy who got who stepped on a land mime and almost got his leg blown off. Fortuneatly, it was a dud (much like this lame pun).

• 4 weeks later...
Well now, Jesus cultists. I've heard your bragging a gazillion times...

"...Atheism is wrong because (insert reason)!"

"...Evilution™ is wrong because (insert reason)!"

and so on.

I challenge you right now, right here. L,et's assume for the sake of debate that atheism/evolutionism™/whatever else you love to attack is indeed proven false.

How then does it follow that your death cult is The Only True Faith™?

This is your chance to present to all those unbelievers here a shocking surprise. Jump at the opportunity and show them that you have brains. I dare you.

I don't fit your opening stereotype, though I do believe that while atheism offers a better explanation of many current world events than traditional Christianity, the Bible is correct in stating that there is a personal, transcendant being who is responsible for all that is and will be... and that what will be is a great, glorious, fruition of human history that will include within it both today's atheists and today's misguided Christians along with the rest of humanity.

To me it is self-evident that all religious claims could be wrong, but not all could be right. I believe in a rational universe.... except in parts of New Jersey. (and Maine and Texas) :-)

I think it is self-evident (and will become increasingly clearer in the next couple of decades) that the human race does indeed need a savior -- cannot save itself from either its own folly or forces beyond its control.

I think it is a self-evident fact that people die, do not live on in heaven or anywhere else, and that if there is any future hope for people it is in what the Bible promises: a resurrection for all, whether good or bad.

I think we live in an exciting, hopeful time and that God loves all people, and has the power, motivation, and strategy in mind for bringing permanent material and spiritual benefit to all -- though now he mostly "hides himself" from visibility by the masses. But I recognize that these perceptions are certainly not self-evident, and that all the propositions I have stated here are debatable and that evidence would be necessary to support them.

I'm still paying on the mime share I got suckered into back in '98...