Goodbye Jesus

Pic Posted On Fb....

mcdaddy

what does this make you think?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

oops here it is

the caption was "just like her mommy!"

post-18227-0-47560900-1332078370_thumb.jpg

Well, it doesn't look exactly like a Hitler youth rally - I guess we're ok.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I can't help but laugh at the godbots standing with eyes closed, hands extended upward like little god antennae desperately trying to improve reception.

There's nothing there, you dummies!

• Like 3

what does this make you think?

They're having an auction in the middle of service?

Seriously, I've always thought that "raise your hands to Jesus" was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. If your god is everywhere then where exactly should you extend your hands? And if it is everywhere then why do you need to do it at all?

Other than that the picture reminds me that my 5 year old grandson said some things and asked a couple questions about the bible the other day. I was giving him a ride home so no one else was around. I knew this day would come and I knew he was being indoctrinated. So knowing his 5 year old mind wouldn't comprehend a detailed explanation nor myself being inclined to weather the shitstorm if I told him that the Bible is baloney, I simply said, "I don't know".

george_carline_on_god_invisible_man_in_sky.jpg
  • Like 5

I recently had a conversation with my mom about a video she saw of a 3 year old worshipping god. I tried to explain to her that there was no way she could even know what a god was at that age and she was just mimicking what she saw. But as usual....she denied logic...lol.

I recently had a conversation with my mom about a video she saw of a 3 year old worshipping god. I tried to explain to her that there was no way she could even know what a god was at that age and she was just mimicking what she saw. But as usual....she denied logic...lol.

Try having the "you were born an atheist" conversation with your mom and see what that gets ya.

This kind of display would not have been acceptable in the Independent Baptist Church. We were all way too serious and unemotional. If someone would put up their hands like that, people would have thought they were crazy or something.

Everyone was wrong but us -- Catholics, Pentecostals, liberal Christians - the list was a long one.

Yet, if I were raised in the kind of church that is in this picture, other people would have seemed wrong!

The finest achievement of my life is that of extricating myself from all forms of this false religion.

• Like 2

This kind of display would not have been acceptable in the Independent Baptist Church. We were all way too serious and unemotional. If someone would put up their hands like that, people would have thought they were crazy or something.

Everyone was wrong but us -- Catholics, Pentecostals, liberal Christians - the list was a long one.

Just like the Church of Christ I attended - one of our ushers/deacons even went to a woman after the service who had been raising her hands 'in praise' and told her 'we don't do that here.'

• Like 2

I can't help but laugh at the godbots standing with eyes closed, hands extended upward like little god antennae desperately trying to improve reception.

There's nothing there, you dummies!

They're on the wrong frequency.

They think that the children are truly praising their god but they are just imitating what they see because they want to be part of the group. If their rituals involved waving their butts in the air, the children will follow.

I want to know why Steve from Blues Clues is standing behind them.

Just like the Church of Christ I attended - one of our ushers/deacons even went to a woman after the service who had been raising her hands 'in praise' and told her 'we don't do that here.'

And in the Church of God I was raised in, everybody prayed aloud at once, arms raised and sometimes dancing. Embarrassing as hell when school friends wanted to come to church with me and they got freaked, even with warning.

My first thought was definitely "Auction". Then, I looked and saw what looks like a choir. My church did that same stuff, the raising of the hand. I remember all my friends did it, and I didn't know why. I asked my grandparents about it, and they told me it was "feeling god". Whenever I did it for the first time, for some odd reason that night I had almost an "electric" feeling through my hand. It was more like my hand had fallen asleep, but of course that day god did it. Cryotanknotworthy.gif

I asked my grandparents about it, and they had told me that feeling was god "taking my sins away" I only got that feeling the first time, but I was ALWAYS doing it ever since. Fucking stupid.

I feel so sorry for that little girl, so young and she probably doesn't even know why she has her hands up in the air, she's just doing it cause mummy is. Sad.

Scottie.

I feel so sorry for that little girl, so young and she probably doesn't even know why she has her hands up in the air, she's just doing it cause mummy is.

and then there's Vacation Brainwashing School where they gather them by the hundreds and have mass indoctrination to Jeebus.

Disgusting

In college I got friendly with a group called Maranatha, sort of a trendy non-Calvinist Mars Hill church. A Miss America was from there in the late 80s. At some point they had gotten the idea of holding their right arms out in a solemn pose while doing dedications or praying for other specific purposes, and like every insular group had blinders on regarding what their actions looked like to outsiders.

So it came out that this Miss America's church pictures get leaked and it's all these nuts saluting in classic "sieg heil" form like Hitler himself was watching. Quite the scandal... And that pic here looks the same way! Have they learned nothing?

I feel so bad for that little girl.

I guess you mean this creepy vid?

• Like 1

Children are excellent mimics.

"What are you doing Mommy?"

"I'm looking for the f___ing remote."

"Here's the f___ing remote, mommy."

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Children are excellent mimics.

"What are you doing Mommy?"

"I'm looking for the f___ing remote."

"Here's the f___ing remote, mommy."

:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmgLjzpCecM

• Like 1

Yet, if I were raised in the kind of church that is in this picture, other people would have seemed wrong!

The finest achievement of my life is that of extricating myself from all forms of this false religion.

We must have went to the same church! I heard that stuff all the time!

Reminds me of so many churches I've been to. For several years during high school and after, I went to an Assemblies of God church, which is a Pentecostal church. At one time it was classified as a megachurch, with around 2700 members. Imagine that many people raising their hands, dancing, crying, screaming, falling down, prostrating, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Sometime later, I belonged to an Independent, Fundamentalist Baptist church, where everyone was wrong but us. My favorite line from the baptists was "every other church has a particular founder, except the baptist, which is because we're traced all the way back to jeebus, therefore,we're the only right church!" I hate to have to point out that the baptist church is traced back to Anglican dissenter John Smythe. But yeah, it's just kids imitating their parents. Anyone who has kids can testify to that truth. That's what they do, because that's one way that they learn. It's just sad to see it in this context.