Goodbye Jesus

Moving Out

Zephie

Last night I told my mom and dad that I would be moving in with my BF. True, we've only been dating for about a month but my BF knew how stressed I was living at home. I love my parents. They are great people but the stress from having to live with the aftermath of my dad's accident has really gotten to me. Mom snaps at dad all the time, dad's depressed all the time, and my deconversion. I haven't told them about that but my guess is that they've figured it out already. Mom said something to the effect during Sunday school to her class about her and dad but she wasn't sure about me "being willing to stand in the fire and worship God through all of this." I was rather indifferent to the news. It wouldn't be anything new to the people at church if I left again. I've been in and out of church for the past ten years at least. So unless my parents ask, I'm not telling.

My BF, however, is the sweetest man I've met. Low drama. Uber-smart. Keeps a clean house. Easy to talk to. I could keep listing things. I really hope this move goes well. I've never cohabitated with anyone before unless you count staying for weeks on end at my first BF's mom's house a couple of years ago. Even then I stayed in the guest room. This will be moving my things except the furniture. He really is amazing. I'm glad we found each other. It'll be exciting to see how things progress and a definite learning experience on my part for sure.

Just keep in mind a couple of things.

TALK to each other. He can't read your mind and you can't read his.

The relationship is still new. You may discover things about each other that you just can't live with...at least right now. It's easy to think things are great right now. It will change as you grow together. Expect this and see above.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind a couple of things.

TALK to each other. He can't read your mind and you can't read his.

The relationship is still new. You may discover things about each other that you just can't live with...at least right now. It's easy to think things are great right now. It will change as you grow together. Expect this and see above.

Will do. I've learned from past relationships that communication is key. I'll keep this in mind. I'm willing to admit that this is happening really fast.

Good for you. Best of luck.

Good for you. Best of luck.

Thankies. Am is excited.

You're gonna love having a place all to yourselves. You'll look at that empty house or apartment and see possibilities.

This sounds great Zephie, enjoy the freedom :)

Good for you Zephie! I'm glad you are getting out on your own. Enjoy :)

Congrats! Best of luck!

Thanks ya'll :) I'm real excited. First thing we're gonna do is paint most of the rooms that need it. I'm hoping to take the room with the ping pong table and set it up so we can play. He has two dogs too and they are so sweet and well-behaved for the most part. I'm looking forward to this Saturday.