Goodbye Jesus

I CHALLEGE YOU DANIEL 10_12

BuddhistCommunist

I want to settle this once and for all. I want to know why your beliefs are so much better than mine. I will defend my faith against your attacks and will probably need to go to the Arena to do it. I am going to show you that I know more about the Bible and science than you do and will show you that christianity is a horribly gone wrong mixture between Buddhism and Judaism. Buddha did almost everything that Christ did and many things that he didn't, 500 years before christ.

You also forget that the bible was written by desperate men in desperate times. So i'm going to show you all the evidence why Buddhism is better than Christianity and infinitely more logical. So I await your reply. Who knows, with the power of Jesus on your side, you may prove me wrong. But I have the power of Buddha. And if you think that the power of Buddha is Satan... Then your power of Jesus is Mara the evil one. we'll see who is more correct. Mabey we are both right or wrong. Mabey we'll both learn something.

Btw, Amanda and others. I'm not speaking of your beliefs, I speak of Daniels logic of the bible. Oh the misguided fundamentalism

:gets popcorn, too:

This should be interesting, if Danny boy ever shows up.

:dumbo:

I want to settle this once and for all. I want to know why your beliefs are so much better than mine. I will defend my faith against your attacks and will probably need to go to the Arena to do it. I am going to show you that I know more about the Bible and science than you do and will show you that christianity is a horribly gone wrong mixture between Buddhism and Judaism. Buddha did almost everything that Christ did and many things that he didn't, 500 years before christ.

You also forget that the bible was written by desperate men in desperate times. So i'm going to show you all the evidence why Buddhism is better than Christianity and infinitely more logical. So I await your reply. Who knows, with the power of Jesus on your side, you may prove me wrong. But I have the power of Buddha. And if you think that the power of Buddha is Satan... Then your power of Jesus is Mara the evil one. we'll see who is more correct. Mabey we are both right or wrong. Mabey we'll both learn something.

107595[/snapback]

Ok... so we are just going to argue which one is more logical? Okay, well. I would prefer to wait until I am no longer being moderated, so that when I make a post... I make a post. Currently, I have to wait until the board man deems my posts worthy.

How is Celtic Buddhism different from Mahayana or Tibeten Buddhism? Just curious... because the way you spoke of the Buddha seems kind of odd. :)

This should be an interesting debate. I look forward to it.

You also forget that the bible was written by desperate men in desperate times.

107595[/snapback]

180px-Sybok.jpg

Did someone say desperate times?

Gonna strongly suggest that Dannibot and Buddist be allowed to debate without others commentary intertwined inbetween their discussions.

If needed Fwee, make a Peanut Gallery thread for this please.

kL

This should be an interesting debate.  I look forward to it.

107642[/snapback]

I wouldn't hold yr breath, Amethyst. Dan-dan has a habit of not answering questions he doesn't like.

This should be an interesting debate.  I look forward to it.

107642[/snapback]

I wouldn't hold yr breath, Amethyst. Dan-dan has a habit of not answering questions he doesn't like.

107740[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. Nonetheless I'm intrigued!

Perhaps this should be a Coliseum throw-down?

it looks like Danny wants to wait until his "moderation" is over. Just say when Dan, and we'll set it up.

How is Celtic Buddhism different from Mahayana or Tibeten Buddhism?  Just curious... because the way you spoke of the Buddha seems kind of odd. :)

107635[/snapback]

I combine many aspects of druidism with Buddhism. From what i've heard, it's never been done before :shrug: . I've found it to be quite enlightening.

it looks like Danny wants to wait until his "moderation" is over. Just say when Dan, and we'll set it up.

107849[/snapback]

I'd love to see this, buddha-man. But, if you can get him cornered like this, you'll be doing better than any of the rest of us have. Danny isn't likely to put himself into a position where he has to answer something. It's just not his style. (nor is it within his extremely limited capabilities)..

But, if you can get it done, we all would be greatly interested spectators.

All riiiight! A cage match! I love those!

Yeah, let's move this one (IF it ever DOES happen) over into the Colosseum. Complete with Peanut Gallery. Ought to be good for a few yucks! :lmao:

Ok... so we are just going to argue which one is more logical?  Okay, well.  I would prefer to wait until I am no longer being moderated, so that when I make a post... I make a post.  Currently, I have to wait until the board man deems my posts worthy.

107634[/snapback]

Wow... Your posts are predominantly callous, condescending & generally undereducated AND you have someone else deeming them worthy?

:twitch:

Oy.

haven't been here for awhile, just had a couple of bible-thumpers knock on the

door today...and decided to come here for a visit.

and i can't seem to log on to this forum, do i need to re-register?

i can log on to the old one no prob, but when i click to this forum, i become

a 'guest'...

well i too am looking forward to this debate.

btw, christians have it better, cuz their god blesses their pastors/preachers with

nicer houses, clothes, cars etc....

buddhist monks don't seem to have any cool stuff

and i can't seem to log on to this forum, do i need to re-register?

i can log on to the old one no prob, but when i click to this forum, i become

a 'guest'...

Yeah, Blue, you're going to have to re-register. This is a completely different forum than the last one. Everyone had to re-register once the change was made.

Ok Danny, Dispite all the hippocracy in the Bible, you still hold firm. Well, I would like to know for instance, what are these revelations that you have claimed to have experienced that show you 100% that the Christian God is real. I have many reasons to believe that Buddhism is more believable.

1. A. Buddhists do not deny newly discovered scientific evidence if it goes against their beliefs, they merely adapt to it.

B. Christians constantly go against Evolution, The Big Bang, and other things that can be backed up by science. For instance, the earth being round and the center of the universe was faith vs. fact.

2. A. Buddhists believe that humans can discover the root of their suffering through meditation and experience, and that humans are potentially the wisest forces in the universe.

B. Christians believe that Surrendering to a man that may not even have existed and a God that seems not only idiotic, but immoral (focusing on some of the more gruesome aspects of the bible) to believe in. And that humans are nothing other than toys to God.

3. A. Buddhists believe that Buddha was a holy man who attained the closest thing to perfection. And from the stories I've read, that seems very evident.

B. Christians believe that Jesus was God and that he was completely perfect. And from what I've read, That is not the case.

Anything you'd like to add or correct Danny?

And i hope the Mods will let you speak your mind for this debate.