Goodbye Jesus

The Intoxicated Thread

HuaiDan

Just wondering...

Just fashioned myself a water pipe yesterday out of a bottle...

Hoot! Hoot!

:woohoo:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Really? There was a thread here like that? I wouldn't have to try to type so soberly!!

People there could understand me!

On the other hand... why would I want to read what anyone intoxicated wrote? It would change according to whichever way the wind was blowing... and the dominant thread would be a debate on who among us was drunker on the Holy Spirit.

But seriously... there was an intoxicated thread?

rather...

I should have said, 'whom among us'...

:twitch:

Really? There was a thread here like that? I wouldn't have to try to type so soberly!!

People there could understand me!

On the other hand... why would I want to read what anyone intoxicated wrote? It would change according to whichever way the wind was blowing... and the dominant thread would be a debate on who among us was drunker on the Holy Spirit.

But seriously... there was an intoxicated thread?

:twitch:

Yes, thank you, I found it! It's floating around here someplace. I have no idea how to find it unless someone posts there and bumps it to the top of the pile. Searched for it, no results.

rather...

I should have said, 'whom among us'...

"Who among us" is correct. eg. "Who is green?", "Who among us is green?". In this example, "us" is the obj. of prep. , not "Who". The correct usage of "whom" as the obj. of prep. of "among" would be "Whom do you dwell among?" or "Among whom do you dwell?", "I dwell among pirates."

Yeah, I'm an English teacher

:Hmm:

So what did happen to the intoxicated thread??? Is it really gone? I am too lazy to look because I am on my way to bed... :)