Goodbye Jesus

If There's A God, He's A Fucking Creep

TotalWreck

These last three years have been a fucking nightmare for me, and of course yesterday I found out something else to crush my spirits; one more thing to add to the endless list. But surprisingly, it only hurt for a few minutes, and then I was just like "whatever". It's almost like I've become bulletproof when it comes to bad news and it just rolls off of me now because I'm so used to bullshit happening.

But it once again made me think that if there is a god, he's one sadistic fuck. I may not be perfect, but I know that overall I'm a pretty good person and that there are far worse people out there that should be punished and treated like shit before me. And if god would willingly allow all these bad things and all this heartache to happen to me and do nothing about it, he's sick. And if I hear one more dumb Christian say "everything happens for a reason" I'm going to fucking scream! What god who supposedly has the power to fix anything would let his children be hurt for no reason? SO sick of how people keep making excuses for this nonsense.

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, its just God when he's drunk." -Tom Waits.

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

"god won't give you more than you can handle."

**** that.

Sorry for the bs you're going through. Life sucks sometimes.

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

"god won't give you more than you can handle."

**** that.

Sorry for the bs you're going through. Life sucks sometimes.

LMAO! Yeah, those are two more sayings I can't fucking stand! fun_84.gif

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, its just God when he's drunk." -Tom Waits.

If that's the case, God seems to be a 24/7 drunk! And not one of those nice, laid back drunks but one of those mean ass violent drunks.ohmy.png

TW, I was thinking the same thing. I hope the situations you're going through get better soon. There is no omniscient God, but there are people here who care :)

• Like 1

Reminds me of this:

ChinUp.jpg?width=630&height=535
  • Like 1

Llwellyn, that picture you posted says it all.

What god who supposedly has the power to fix anything would let his children be hurt for no reason?

TW, I completely agree. If you ever want to vent, message me. I am in the same fucking boat and this very question led me out of the faith. I am kinder to stray dogs than God is to me. I would not inflict on anyone that with which God has afflicted me. I thought the Bible said, "Do not withhold good when it is within your power to act". I live by this, but God sure as hell doesn't.

{Very disturbing photo and caption}

This. This is why I am no longer a Christian.

• Like 1

God: Take my son as Savior and follow him and live for him and you will live in heaven and rule with me forever.

Mafia Don: Take this contract you cannot refuse and you will never want for money and nobody will ever fuck with you.

God: Reject my son and you go to hell.

Mafia Don: Reject my contract and you will end up at the bottom of the river in concrete shoes.

Which one is extortion?

LOL! Yes, not much of a difference, huh?Wendyshrug.gif

What god who supposedly has the power to fix anything would let his children be hurt for no reason?

TW, I completely agree. If you ever want to vent, message me. I am in the same fucking boat and this very question led me out of the faith. I am kinder to stray dogs than God is to me. I would not inflict on anyone that with which God has afflicted me. I thought the Bible said, "Do not withhold good when it is within your power to act". I live by this, but God sure as hell doesn't.

I'm taking you up on your offer!

And if I hear one more dumb Christian say "everything happens for a reason" I'm going to fucking scream!

http://www.cracked.c...-like-idiot_p2/

A snippet:

But the annoying thing about this phrase is that the speaker believes he/she has some inside track to God or Fate or whatever mystic unseen hand controls the universe. As if there is a power and that power decided there was an actual reason to inflict a newborn baby with Trisomy 18 or have a woman get gang raped. And given the existence of this rational force --that operates only with justification and reason-- who are you to question why someone ravaged your wife, or blew apart your son, or took your leg? This cliche insists that either happy endings always exist ("see, they never would have found that tumor, unless they were repairing that machete wound to your abdomen") or if there is no happy ending for you then your suffering was part of some greater plan that benefited another ("don't be sad that you were imprisoned for twenty years by a racist jury for a crime you didn't commit, I mean, think about the valuable lesson you've taught us about bias in criminal juries!)

Again if you want to vent I don't mind listening.

• Like 1

I think Llwellyn had the last word in whether God as currently thought of amongst Christians is immoral or not. You can guess my opinion from therein.

• Like 1

I'm taking you up on your offer!

I messaged you.

I am so thankful to Ex-C for helping so many people through the shits of life, now that our Magic Unicorn is no longer with us!