Goodbye Jesus

Up Late

Yrth

Up late. Due tomorrow: circulate 5-10 pages of a seminar paper to the class for feedback Wednesday.

I've done the research, I just don't have anything new to add and I haven't for the past 5 days I've been focusing on it. Now I'm up late, t-12 hours until I really won't have any time to finish it. ugh.

Guest Valk0010

Do a detailed outline.

I like using a dry erase board if I can get a hold of one. Once you get one of those done. Take a break, then write the paper, take a break again, then edit. And drink a ton of coffee or energy drinks/soda. You will hate yourself tommorow, but you will have a decent paper.

What Valk said. Sometimes it just takes writing something, anything down to get it out of your head, then walking away and coming back to it in a little while. I use a notepad type app on my computer to type it, just something that isn't my regular word processor, to at least free the ideas. Even if it's a sucky topic, at least write it down so you can stare at it. When I've found myself staring at a load of research without a way to synthesize it into something original, I also found it helps to read meta-reviews of the subject--does your seminar topic have that sort of collated research? Like "here's where we are research-wise on the topic of hygiene in 13th-century Venice"?

Good luck with the paper :) Several people called me "Our Lady of the Perpetual Term Paper" thanks to my unfortunate major and minor choices so I feel the pain of anybody suffering like that.

What Valk said. Sometimes it just takes writing something, anything down to get it out of your head, then walking away and coming back to it in a little while. I use a notepad type app on my computer to type it, just something that isn't my regular word processor, to at least free the ideas. Even if it's a sucky topic, at least write it down so you can stare at it. When I've found myself staring at a load of research without a way to synthesize it into something original, I also found it helps to read meta-reviews of the subject--does your seminar topic have that sort of collated research? Like "here's where we are research-wise on the topic of hygiene in 13th-century Venice"?

Good luck with the paper smile.png Several people called me "Our Lady of the Perpetual Term Paper" thanks to my unfortunate major and minor choices so I feel the pain of anybody suffering like that.

Wow, now I feel like an ass. > <

It's about Florida v. Jardines, upcoming SCOTUS case regarding drug detection dogs and whether or not using them outside of a home is a fourth amendment search.

Pfft, no worries. I'd like to think that our similarities far outweigh any disagreements that might crop up. I'd still front you a beer at a meet! beer.gif

That's a fascinating case. I'm reading the revised opinion on it now. I'd only heard a little about it before it landed with SCOTUS. I admit I'm not sure what else one *could* say when presented with that. I'm sure the usual suspects are rounded up already--rights to privacy, etc.

Ugh, that sucked. All done though. For now. Ugh.

But yeah, the opinion is a piece of work. Especially the concurrence. That's one angry judge.

They all sounded, uh, passionate.