Goodbye Jesus

Creationist Timescale

BrotherJosh

Here's what happens when we compress the known geological timescale into the 6,000 timespan Young Earth Creationists cling to. Pretty funny...

creationist_timescale.jpg

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2012/04/creationist_timescale.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Xtech

LOL!

BTW this reminds of a really good book, 'T Rex and the Crater of Doom' - it helps bring to life (irony) the story of the crater impact 65 million years ago that brought about the destruction of the dinosaurs, and the subsequent opportunity for mammals to flourish. Highly recommend it, especially for those not familiar with the sciences.

My step-dad said something to the effect one time of the Earth being young. It stunned me. I had an odd thought and laughed and said...

I suddenly got a picture of a man standing on the beach whose hair is blowing in the wind as the continental plate moves.

Pretty amazing how we could start the world wars decades ago if we're around since less than 4 years, eh? :lmao:

Come on everyone knows that there are no rabbits in the Precambrian era because when the flood started every single rabbit on earth managed to climb up mountains and so they were deposited in higher layers. Obviously not a single rabbit on earth died in a way it could be fossilized before the flood. Praise be to Jebus for helping me solve this problem!!

(Sorry, I think this was the creationist argument I once heard, forgive me for repeating it)

So why don't we find rabbits on the top of Mt Everest?

So why don't we find rabbits on the top of Mt Everest?

The abominable snowman loves rabbits.

Guest Valk0010

This was another bad creationist arguement that I remeber recently. That there are shells on top of mountains because of the great flood. Of course geology is what actually explains it.

I have always thought that geology alone, not evolution was proof against a young earth. Think about it, all the volcanoes and mountains and crap that are caused by moving plates, we would look like what some Christians imagine hell to look like if the earth was 6000 years old.

That's it Valk.

Geology, cosmology, and so forth, continue to support that Earth is ancient, beyond ancient. Surely it provides enough time for the evolution which has transpired on the Earth.

This was another bad creationist arguement that I remeber recently. That there are shells on top of mountains because of the great flood. Of course geology is what actually explains it.

I have always thought that geology alone, not evolution was proof against a young earth. Think about it, all the volcanoes and mountains and crap that are caused by moving plates, we would look like what some Christians imagine hell to look like if the earth was 6000 years old.

I also tend to not even get into arguments about biology and evolution when debating young earth creationism. This is partly because I don't know the biology well enough to argue it definitively and authoritatively. It's also because the geological and astronomical evidence are so blatantly clear cut, anyone who refutes them is either being deliberately obtuse or is a total idiot. I don't need to argue about whether we have intermediate fossils or not when I can point to radioisotope dating for five different elements that all point to the same age for everything in the solar system, plus the fact that the sun is estimated to be about the same age due to the amount of helium and lithium it contains. There is simply no rational argument against that evidence that doesn't involve God screwing with time itself somehow; even if he did, that doesn't change the basic observable reality.

• Super Moderator

I remember just last month while I was feeding my wooly mammoth......

Wow, who would have thought that the pyramids in Egypt pre-date life itself.

If any of you out there have gray hair, you are just imagining it. No one is old enough to be out of high school.

Remember, none of that "stuff" that happend in the 60's was human. We've never been to the moon and America does not exist yet. :o

I remember just last month while I was feeding my wooly mammoth......

Everyone sing along with me now to the famous tune of Was (Not Was)... "...I walked the dinosaur... I walked the dinosaaaaaaur..." :lmao:

Yeah there's no point arguing with a YEC, you'll just get the response "who are you going to believe: GOD or man, case settled".......

I mean once you throw god into the mix he auto trumps all of the geologists in the world, its pointless. They don't realize that by being close-minded and ignorant they're actually hurting their chances for proselytization

• Like 1