Goodbye Jesus

Unworthy - Not

CDFree

Like many here I have lurked a bit and floated back and forth. I won't lie I was interested in Chrisitan faith and for a few years I was "brainwashed" by a fundie Christian - then that person changed - I don't know why, but at that point I began to realise what a fairytale Christianity actually was. Today I seen in a post on Facebook "Unworthy but Loved" something just clicked into place at that point - I am NOT unworthy (or anyone else for that matter) - what sort of loving god would say something like that.

I also used to frequent various different discussion forums - and they were all the same - usally I wasn't Christian enough for them - well that is all behind me now!

Good for you! Sounds like a similar story to me. I still go on some pro-Christian sites and cause a bit of mischief.

I agree that Unworthy is a horrendous description - particularly coming from an alleged God who is absurd and quite dangerous.

Hi, CDFree, and welcome to ExC.

Indeed, you are NOT unworthy. The whole notion that we are born worthy of nothing more than an eternity in hell, is horrible. I'm glad you escaped the religion.

The "unworthy" idea is what it all starts with. It is false. If you realize how false it is, then the whole thing falls down like a row of dominoes.

I never did anything by just being born that would piss off an almighty God. Certainly no sane idea of justice would permit this. This is a screwed up mind who thought this up.

Welcome! And you are right: you are NOT unworthy.

Today I seen in a post on Facebook "Unworthy but Loved"

I say we are all worthy . And we are most worthy of learning that from day one ! How dare religion teach otherwize !