Goodbye Jesus

Zombie Jesus Day

izzytheterri

Some of my responses for the day... What were yours?

Them: "Happy Easter."

Me: "Happy Zombie Jesus Day.

Them: "Did you go to church today?"

Me: "I don't go any other day, why would I go today?"

Them: "What are you doing for Easter?"

Me: "Sacrificing a virgin to ensure the fertility of my womb, then bathing in the blood of a dozen chickens and copulating with my mate in the woods at midnight." <-- I may or may not have actually said this, but I thought it really loudly!

Them: "Why wouldn't you celebrate Easter? It's the day Jesus rose from the dead!"

Me: "Why would YOU? It's a pagan holiday."

Them: "Why wouldn't you celebrate Easter? It's the day Jesus rose from the dead!"

Easter and Christmas are two days that just shout "PAGAN HOLIDAY", now that I'm on the other side of it.

Easter and Christmas are two days that just shout "PAGAN HOLIDAY", now that I'm on the other side of it.

Yep. As children we ask the obvious questions, "What does a Tree have to do with Jesus?" "What do eggs and a bunny have to do with Jesus?" but we're shut down, and so begins the life of the Christian - You must have FAITH (aka: Don't question shit.).

I got dirty looks from someone in boarding school when another student entirely thought out loud "what on earth do bunnies and eggs have to do with Jesus?" and I answered "Nothing, except early church appropriations of pagan holidays and symbols, such as the Norse goddess..." etc etc. Everything I said was facts, but the little clump of super christian students at this magnet school HATED me for the rest of the time I was there. Oh well, that's their problem. :)