Marie Curie: A Damn Cool Chick :)

blackpudd1n

How cool is this lady of science? :)

• Like 1

and rather hot too.

Radioactively speaking.

marie_curie.png

• Like 1

loved the comic :) I might have to look up those other women. They also sound really inspirational :)

• Super Moderator

Polish chicks are hot. I heard Marie was radioactive because she kept exposing herself. Cool.

Another great woman of science: Rosalind Franklin (x-ray crystallography of DNA, RNA, and viruses); her work paved the way for Watson & Crick to determine the structure of DNA, although she didn't receive credit for it at the time.

While she may not have done the kind of pioneering work that wins Nobel prizes, there's Carolyn Porco, who leads the imaging science team for the Cassini mission, and worked on the Voyager missions. She's also an engaging speaker, and you can find some of her talks on YouTube (and I believe she gave at least one TED talk).

What a great vid! Very informative and entertaining!

I liked the video...wish I could show it at school!

I liked the video...wish I could show it at school!

Yeah, it would make science more interesting, hey :)

There's this kids show I used to watch with my fiancee in the afternoons, called Horrible History or something like that. It was really entertaining and fun, too :) I really liked it, used to get sucked into it lol.

Another great woman of science: Rosalind Franklin (x-ray crystallography of DNA, RNA, and viruses); her work paved the way for Watson & Crick to determine the structure of DNA, although she didn't receive credit for it at the time.

While she may not have done the kind of pioneering work that wins Nobel prizes, there's Carolyn Porco, who leads the imaging science team for the Cassini mission, and worked on the Voyager missions. She's also an engaging speaker, and you can find some of her talks on YouTube (and I believe she gave at least one TED talk).

I might just have to look these women up, Trapped :)

Polish chicks are hot. I heard Marie was radioactive because she kept exposing herself. Cool.

lol you and my dad would get along so well, florduh. That's the sort of thing he would say :P