Goodbye Jesus

Richard Dawkins Down Under

owen652

Not sure if this is the right section or not, oh well who cares. Richard Dawkins is here for the Global Atheist Convention. On Monday he slugged it out on Q&A with Cardinal George Pell.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s3469101.htm

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the right section or not, oh well who cares. Richard Dawkins is here for the Global Atheist Convention. On Monday he slugged it out on Q&A with Cardinal George Pell.

http://www.abc.net.a...xt/s3469101.htm

thank you, thank you, thank you, owen! This gives me something to look forward to after work today!! I love listening to Richard..i just listened to the first few minutes.... sounds REAL good!!

http://www.abc.net.a...xt/s3469101.htm

Thanks for this, Owen. Will definitely watch it!

Just finished watching it, shame he didn't have a better opponent than old George.

Just finished watching it, shame he didn't have a better opponent than old George.

Or better questions from the audience. I was really disappointed. Half of the questions and arguments put to him he'd already bloody dealt with in his book, The God Delusion. I was also embarrassed by the rudeness of some audience members. Damn he must get tired of the same old questions and arguments all the time.

Or better questions from the audience. I was really disappointed. Half of the questions and arguments put to him he'd already bloody dealt with in his book, The God Delusion. I was also embarrassed by the rudeness of some audience members. Damn he must get tired of the same old questions and arguments all the time.

yeah, you could tell he was a bit like, 'what am i doing here?', especially when George would just continually miss the point or say something totally random or irrelevant. I think dementia is setting in. He writes a weekly column in the Sun Herald in which he invariably moans about the terrible state of Australian society because of increasing secularisation. It was funny though when he started one his stories with, "We were preparing some young boys...." and the audience cracked up.

yeah, you could tell he was a bit like, 'what am i doing here?', especially when George would just continually miss the point or say something totally random or irrelevant. I think dementia is setting in. He writes a weekly column in the Sun Herald in which he invariably moans about the terrible state of Australian society because of increasing secularisation. It was funny though when he started one his stories with, "We were preparing some young boys...." and the audience cracked up.

I know, Im pissed myself. Even Dawkins couldn't help laughing, That was just classic.

I loved the bit where Dawkins just bursts out with, "that is ridiculous!" lol. I've never seen him lose his cool before, but you could tell he was jetlagged and just not in the mood for bullshit.

I loved it owen! The priest was sooooooo boring - he got right on my nerves!! I loved the exact moment (56 minutes to be exact) when he stated, 'Creation is messy'????Wendytwitch.gif I mean....he was talking about god here!!! He didn't say anything to convince me to go back to worshipping any god Wendyshrug.gif I'm always waiting for someone to say something that might force me to re-think things in these debates. Nobody ever does. I love watching Dawkins. I think he is cool. Thanks for posting this!