Goodbye Jesus

God Of Wonders

sarahinprogress

Watching the documenTARY God of Wonders with my BF as a change from all the evolutionary stuff we've been watching.

They are saying there are many verses in the Bible that support science, such as Isaiah 40:20 that talks about stretching out the heavens and his ghat correlates to universe expansion.

And also something about the treasury of the snow....

Some refutations to this and other "science supporting" Bible verses would be greatly appreciated.

Forgive if this is posted in the wrong topic, wasn't sure if it should go here or in theology

Guest Valk0010

Most of the supposed verses in the bible that support science, are either things that are incredibily obvious, somewhat metaphorical or cases of confirmation bias by the believer.

Sounds to me that they're stretching the language of the Bible further than the universe.

Most of the supposed verses in the bible that support science, are either things that are incredibily obvious, somewhat metaphorical or cases of confirmation bias by the believer.

Sounds to me that they're stretching the language of the Bible further than the universe.

Yeaahhhh, like "stretching out the sky" could just be the night coming, yeah? Wasn't there a greek/roman myth about a god pulling the night across the sky like a curtain? Sounds pretty similar to this Isaiah stuff.

The snow part was about "the treasury of the snow" and i didnt catch the bibilcal address, but they said it was impossible for people to know about snow crystals then because they are microscopic, but i have seen beautiful snow crystals with my own eyes!

nonsense.

Yeaahhhh, like "stretching out the sky" could just be the night coming, yeah? Wasn't there a greek/roman myth about a god pulling the night across the sky like a curtain? Sounds pretty similar to this Isaiah stuff.

The snow part was about "the treasury of the snow" and i didnt catch the bibilcal address, but they said it was impossible for people to know about snow crystals then because they are microscopic, but i have seen beautiful snow crystals with my own eyes!

nonsense.

I've seen this argument used by Muslims more than Christians. They'll take some flowery poetic Koran verses and make it out to be as though Allah laid down some secret truth about the universe.

Genesis claims the stars are in a "firmament" above the (flat) earth and Revelation claims stars will fall to earth. Not a lot of astronomy to be learned there.