Goodbye Jesus

Why Jesus Never Returned

SkepticOfBible

Evangelising the Jews

A second reason for this obsession relates to the Church's fascination with eschatology, the study of the End of Times. Fundamentalist Christians are consumed by the prophecies surrounding the end of days. They want to know when the Messiah will come/return. How will this take place? To which nations did the prophet Ezekiel refer when he described how apocalyptic nations would wage war against Jerusalem before the final hour leading to the messianic age (Ezekiel 38-39)? Christian bookstores typically set aside an entire section dedicated to eschatological inquiry.

How does all this apocalyptic speculation and discussion relate to our subject?

At the end of the book of Matthew (23:39), Jesus is quoted making a very important statement. He says, "I will not return until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'" Because Jesus was speaking to a Jewish audience at the time he made this statement, Christians have always understood this statement to have one meaning: Jesus will not make his second coming until the Jews are converted.

The Jews, therefore, are holding up the show.

So there, it's not sin that's preventing christ to come back, but those Jews. Tsk Tsk Naughty Naughty

Because Jesus was speaking to a Jewish audience at the time he made this statement, Christians have always understood this statement to have one meaning: Jesus will not make his second coming until the Jews are converted.

The Jews, therefore, are holding up the show.So there, it's not sin that's preventing christ to come back, but those Jews. Tsk Tsk Naughty Naughty

Isn't this tantamount to stating that Jesus will never be coming back?

I have a few jewish friends. I'm pretty sure they are never gonna turn Jesusite.

Once again, taking the bible literally gets you into a pickle. :49:

I thought Jesus never returned because he was so into playing Bezerker at the heavenly arcade.

I was just wondering, isn't anything past Matthew 20 interpolations. Of course, it's hard to know what is not interpolations.

You silly fools! Can't you read plain King James English???

What He said (in the original) was,

"I won't return and save your asses from your enemies, until you say that I'm God!

I'll hold My Breath until My Face turns blue!! You'll see! You little chosen bastards!

Fine! And if you people piss Me off anymore, I'll save those peeps that belief in Zeus and all that other shit before I'll save your worthless butts! Chosen My Holy Ass! I'll write a Third Testament if I have to!!"

You see, this is why I can't see people using the Bible as an excuse for anti-semitism. 'God' seems to hate everyone the same.

:scratch:

If fundies are so confident about eternal life and their spot

in heaven, then why are they sooooo obsessed about Jesus

coming back and Rapturing them all away before they die,

hmmmmmm? They're soooo obsessed that they are actually

trying to force him to come back sooner rather than later.

:scratch: