Goodbye Jesus

Life. Encouragement.

Zephie

So I've noticed that a lot of us right now are going through some tough shit. I mean really life-changing tough shit. I've also noticed that some good things have happened for others of us. For myself, I got abnormal results on a pap and have to have some testing done. I also don't have a job at the moment. This shit is depressing. Today I really felt like giving up. I got kinda drunk and slept. I wished for death, for non existence. Here's the thing. The shit I'm going through really isn't that bad. I'll get through it. I always do. I AM A SURVIVOR. In the past year, I've been abused by an ex-fiance and seen my dad lose his hand. I've lost my faith only to find myself and that shit is hard. I've come to some startling realizations about who I am, my sexuality, and spirituality. All of this is hard to face but I have survived.

I guess I said all that not to minimize what people are going through but to encourage ya'll. Ya'll have been a family to me. It gets better. We can make it through these tough times. It gets better. We are survivors. I've read so many extimonies from ya'll and am just amazed at the company I am privileged to keep on this forum.

So here's to you Ex-C! Survivors!!

beer.gif

Or in other words....

FUCK YEAH, WE GOT THIS SHIT!!!

• Like 3

You should be able to find employment fairly soon. Who wouldn't employ someone with a Masters? Unless you're a computer programmer, then your job goes to some cunt from India. But yeah, shit happens, as long as you have the wits and will to survive, you'll be just fine. At least that is how it has panned out for me.

• Like 1

Thank you Zephie, for posting that. Things are pretty rough the last few years for me.

I guess I'm lucky to have such a twisted sense of humour and a keen sense of the ridiculous. I often start crying only to end up laughing at the absurdity of my situation. Even in the darkness, I know the laughter is never too far away. Sometimes people think I'm crazy. They give me too much credit- I'm crazy all the time!

Don't ever let life take the laughter away from you. Laughter doesn't belong to life; it belongs to you :)

• Like 3

Thank you Zephie! You're my darlin'!! Your strength sure helps me girlfriend!!! kiss.gif

Good post. Many folks are in rough spots right now and I truly hope that this forum can help carry them along.

When I was a believer, I thought that to lose my faith would be worse than anything that could happen to me, including worse than losing my health. I was wrong.

You should be able to find employment fairly soon. Who wouldn't employ someone with a Masters? Unless you're a computer programmer, then your job goes to some cunt from India. But yeah, shit happens, as long as you have the wits and will to survive, you'll be just fine. At least that is how it has panned out for me.

The issue where I live is more like underemployment....there aren't many available jobs for the well educated or I'm not looking in the right places (which could very well be true). I just talked to the temp-agency where I work and there are a couple of jobs that she's sending my resume to-possibly something starting tomorrow for a week. That'll be good.

Thank you Zephie, for posting that. Things are pretty rough the last few years for me.

It sounds like it from the bit I've read and that blows. I hope you find something soon *hugs*

I guess I'm lucky to have such a twisted sense of humour and a keen sense of the ridiculous. I often start crying only to end up laughing at the absurdity of my situation. Even in the darkness, I know the laughter is never too far away. Sometimes people think I'm crazy. They give me too much credit- I'm crazy all the time!

Don't ever let life take the laughter away from you. Laughter doesn't belong to life; it belongs to you smile.png

Yeps. I heartily concur. I finally understand what comedy is for :D

Thank you Zephie! You're my darlin'!! Your strength sure helps me girlfriend!!! kiss.gif

Welcomes! You've posted some amazing things. I just wanted to encourage my fellow board members especially since so many of us are going through shit.

Good post. Many folks are in rough spots right now and I truly hope that this forum can help carry them along.

When I was a believer, I thought that to lose my faith would be worse than anything that could happen to me, including worse than losing my health. I was wrong.

I heartily concur. I was thinking about that last night how right before I finally walked away during my last re-conversion cycle that I would say, "I want to know how my life ends with God...." Now the thought of that makes me shutter.

• Like 1

For me, the loss of my faith came after I left an abusive marriage, lost my job and then moved to another country. Through all of this I realized that it was down to me to find the strength to carry on and that it was not down to any spiritual entities at all. It even appeared to me that most of my problems sprang from a sense of "decision paralysis" that Xtianity brings, as I would waste weeks, months and even years waiting for g*d to answer my prayers.

We are the survivors, we are the ones who woke up and smelt the coffee of truth, we are the ones who were brave enough to leave.

• Like 3

, we are the ones who were brave enough to leave.

So many don't have any clue how frightening it is. I'm proud of my bravery.

• Like 3

The issue where I live is more like underemployment....there aren't many available jobs for the well educated or I'm not looking in the right places (which could very well be true). I just talked to the temp-agency where I work and there are a couple of jobs that she's sending my resume to-possibly something starting tomorrow for a week. That'll be good.

Move to WA, plenty o' work here.

Move to WA, plenty o' work here.

Coincidentally, me and the bf are looking for work there as we speak.