Goodbye Jesus

should i just say fuck no now?

willybilly30

This fucked up verse has ruined my life:

Matthew 5:42

Give to him who asks of you and from him who wants to borrow turn not away

I had people coming over all the time wanting money, cigarettes, cokes, food and practically living of me. Im tired of caring for these people. I been saying no so they been coming less and less.

But part of me is still brainwashed I guess cause I feel guilty

People say oh it feels so good to give

It makes me miserable I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week for this money I work my ass off everyday I come home tired and some part of me aching and for what to support bums just cause people think I should.

People say I will be blessed for this.

I been helping bums for along time I have not been blessed yet.

Christianity is such a doormat religion damn.

Like give him your cloak if he asks for your coat and turn the other cheek.

That verse about being kind to people heaps coals on their head is the biggest lie in the bible. bullies pick on you no matter how nice you are.

Now that im ex Christian should I just say fuck no now?

I am going to assume you already know about that old proverb about teaching a man to fish...

So the general drift is perhaps teaching people to help themselves.

Unfortunately, that verse was Jesus talking to those he was trying to teach to be extremely pure of spirit such as to find a true enlightenment inside. Taken outside that context to the general public presumes that there MUST be a teacher around so as to ensure that the "giver" doesn't just keep giving into oblivion. IF you or anyone is going to attempt to become THAT pure, then DO NOT do it in an anti-Christian environment and without a teacher around. You will simply lose and learn nothing.

Some things people are told to do by scripture MUST be fully understood before they are attempted. Just like everything else. "ONLY under supervision"

:thanks:

Just like everything else. "ONLY under supervision"

You can't do anything without supervision??

I think id rather be impure than follow that verse again.

I think you should help those who need it like giving to the homeless stuff you don’t need anymore. Not just giving your stuff to whoever wants it.

By the way

All the bums iv met are hardcore Christians who use them lines I mentioned to sucker you in.

Unfortunately, that verse was Jesus talking to those he was trying to teach to be extremely pure of spirit such as to find a true enlightenment inside. Taken outside that context to the general public presumes that there MUST be a teacher around so as to ensure that the "giver" doesn't just keep giving into oblivion. IF you or anyone is going to attempt to become THAT pure, then DO NOT do it in an anti-Christian environment and without a teacher around. You will simply lose and learn nothing.

Some things people are told to do by scripture MUST be fully understood before they are attempted. Just like everything else. "ONLY under supervision"

:thanks:

IV told them were they can get a job they say they have tried to get on.

That’s a lie though cause were im working is hiring everyone who walks threw the door

I am going to assume you already know about that old proverb about teaching a man to fish...

So the general drift is perhaps teaching people to help themselves.

There are times when you should say no, and times when you shouldn't. There comes a time when everyone needs to learn which is which. Good luck.

willy..

I've often not turned away folks who have needed help.

However have always had a healthy dose of FOAD (Fuck Off And Die) to anyone that wants to use me and or my services..

Got so much time in a day, and if their project doesn't fit my schedule and desires, then a huge, frosty mug of good for you, easy to digest, fun to imbibe, cold as ice FOAD is served..

Learn to tell everyone to kiss your ass, get a reputation as a dick, they'll quit coming around as soon as the Rotties let go of their asscheeks..

kL

My very best friend is paralyzed. She is in a wheelchair. The thing I always loved about her is that she would open her home to just anyone and she would give what little she had to anyone who asked. The thing I always hated about her was that she would open her home to just anyone and she would give what little she had to anyone who asked.

She moved to West Virgina to be near the mountains and when she was there, she became so depressed by the people who were using her. They would take what little she had without so much as a thank you and swipe her much needed medications.

She tried to commit suicide. She did not take enough pills and thankfully she just slept for a long time. After this she became very selective about who was her friend and who she would let get close to her. She is still one of the best people that I have ever known, but she now is very wary about the people that she wants to help.

I know how she feels.

Iv met so many people like that.

quote name='Taphophilia' date='Nov 19 2005, 05:12 PM' post='109067']

My very best friend is paralyzed. She is in a wheelchair. The thing I always loved about her is that she would open her home to just anyone and she would give what little she had to anyone who asked. The thing I always hated about her was that she would open her home to just anyone and she would give what little she had to anyone who asked.

She moved to West Virgina to be near the mountains and when she was there, she became so depressed by the people who were using her. They would take what little she had without so much as a thank you and swipe her much needed medications.

She tried to commit suicide. She did not take enough pills and thankfully she just slept for a long time. After this she became very selective about who was her friend and who she would let get close to her. She is still one of the best people that I have ever known, but she now is very wary about the people that she wants to help.

I like that idea. People who want to live off me isn’t worth my time

willy..

I've often not turend away folks who have needed help.

However have always had a healthy dose of FOAD (Fuck Off And Die) to anyone that wants to use me and or my services..

Got so much time in a day, and if their project doesn't fit my schedule and desires, then a huge, frosty mug of good for you, easy to digest, fun to imbibe, cold as ice FOAD is served..

Learn to tell everyone to kiss your ass, get a reputation as a dick, they'll quit coming around as soon as the Rotties let go of their asscheeks..

kL

i what I need to think about is do they really need it? will it put me in the hole to help them? And if they keep coming over and over wanting more. If its no to any of these I should say no and keep saying no.

There are times when you should say no, and times when you shouldn't. There comes a time when everyone needs to learn which is which. Good luck.

It makes me miserable ...

It makes you miserable. It seems to me you have answered your own question.

Of course we should help people, that is the human thing to do. But we must also be aware when people are trying to fuck us over. There is a fine line between helping those in need and being taken advantage of. I had a roomate in college (a fellow Baptist Xian) who was always "in need". After a while, Xian charity turned to "get a fucking job".

I will help anyone who truely needs help, but don't try to fuck me over!!!

Willy:

Keep in mind you are one person. You can only do so much, and only you can determine the threshold. When you get to the point where you determine you are unable to help a person in need, tell them this:

"You need more help than I can provide."

There is a fine line between helping out and being taken advantage of. From what you've said, the mooches are doing the later. For what to do, nivek's advice above does nicely.

If I went with my feelings then people would have to be in really deep shit for me to help them.

I wonder what my life would be like if I followed my brain and nothing else.

quote name='spamandham' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:02 AM' post='109498']

It makes me miserable ...

It makes you miserable. It seems to me you have answered your own question.

Iv tried that but they just keep whining.

I could say go away and get a job

Willy:

Keep in mind you are one person. You can only do so much, and only you can determine the threshold. When you get to the point where you determine you are unable to help a person in need, tell them this:

"You need more help than I can provide."

I like the fuck off part i will leave the die part off

There is a fine line between helping out and being taken advantage of. From what you've said, the mooches are doing the later. For what to do, nivek's advice above does nicely.

I had people coming over all the time wanting money, cigarettes, cokes, food and practically living of me. Im tired of caring for these people. I been saying no so they been coming less and less.

But part of me is still brainwashed I guess cause I feel guilty

People say oh it feels so good to give

It makes me miserable I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week for this money I work my ass off everyday I come home tired and some part of me aching and for what to support bums just cause people think I should.

People say I will be blessed for this.

I been helping bums for along time I have not been blessed yet.

Christianity is such a doormat religion damn.

Like give him your cloak if he asks for your coat and turn the other cheek.

That verse about being kind to people heaps coals on their head is the biggest lie in the bible. bullies pick on you no matter how nice you are.

The things the people are wanting are not things that will help them, like cigarrettes. I think there are many problems with taking a verse out of the whole general context and idea of the new testament. I think the idea was to love others and be giving, but the Bible also says that it is very bad to be in debt to someone, as these people would be to you. Though that would be more on their shoulders, participating in that sort of endless giving would be allowing them to be in debt to you. You work hard for what you have. If you want to give it away, do it. But if you don't, according to the Christian religion, God wouldn't want you to give out of a heart that doesn't want to. It is about wanting to, and also it concerns people who have REAL needs (a reason it is difficult to apply the Bible to today without some controversy and confusion).

Sorry I quoted the whole thing, by the way, I don't yet know how to select just one part :)

Iv tried that but they just keep whining.

So!!!??

I could say go away and get a job

Yes you could. If that's what you want to do, why don't you?

The kind of stuff you posted about is pretty minor "help" or sharing. It's up to you if you want to give people your food or whatnot. But frankly I have no qualms about telling people that if they want to share my stuff, they have to give something back. Like clean up my kitchen. Or take out my trash. Or something. I'll share, but sharing ain't a gift - I don't give shit away for free.

Don't share or give because of some outdated manipulative religious bullshit verse from the Bibble. Share or give because you want to, and YOU CAN. That last bit is important. Maybe you want to share your food with a friend, but can you? Groceries are expensive. I'd feed my own family first. Maybe you want to give your coat to a homeless guy, but can you afford it?

I prefer to have more control over where and when and what I give. I'll donate lots of stuff to homeless shelters or GoodWill or the food bank or whatever. Sometimes I do have stuff to give. But no, you're not a Xian anymore - you don't have to live by Xian standards.

So feel free to tell moochers to have a fresh hot cuppa shut the fuck up.

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

A job would really help them but they will not get one

I have stopped opening the door for them and have been saying no.

Most of them have moved they hop from place to place I hope they stay gone