Goodbye Jesus

What Kind Of God Would You Be?

mcdaddy

If you were an all powerful deity in an empty universe and were starting from scratch, what kind of "reality" would you make? How would you make it different than our universe? I'm specifically interested in the Christians' response but wanna hear everyone else as well.

Cool question. It reminded me of the Futurama episode where Bender gets blasted into space, and finds out he has a colony of little creatures living on him, and they start worshiping him as their god, and then things go to pit when they start wars with each other and crap. (great episode)

If I was an all powerful God.. I would create two realities, or universes: a dimension that is pure energy, and a physical dimension or universe.

The first one would be a dimension where entities exist as pure energy or consciousness. This dimension would be similar to the concept of a 'paradise' or 'nirvana'. Entities would be able to absorb any and all knowledge if they wished and would be able to interact with each other.

The second one would be a physical universe. I would make the universe similar to how it is now, although I might make it smaller, (it's just so damn BIG!) In the physical universe, I would allow life to evolve on its own, related to whatever planet it happened to be on, and if that planet was capable of supporting life.

In the pure energy dimension, entities would be able to choose if they wanted to cross over into the physical universe, and pick up a physical form (anything that is living - trees, animals, single cell organisms... well I suppose if someone really wanted to, they could be a rock or something.. it might be interesting, as you would see millions of years pass and see how much the planet you exist on changes). They might pick up a physical form to gain some kind of understanding or experience. When their physical form died, they would return to the other dimension that is pure energy. They could do this as many times as they pleased. I guess the soul in the rock could leave whenever it pleased. It would suck to be stuck as a rock..

I would imagine just staying in a static existence (even if it is supposed to be pure bliss), would eventually get boring. So I like the idea that the entities could choose to cross over into the physical reality and take up some kind of life form, and see what it is like to have a completely different existence (for the time that their physical form stayed alive, that is.)

Also, all living things would require a soul to exist, this includes the simple single cell organisms, plants and such. I suppose if no entity wanted to live a short life as an amoeba, or a plant, I could separate part of myself and do it just to jumpstart things, and the other entities would probably choose something a bit more interesting to live as.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, if I had a totally blank multidimensional slate to work with, I'd build self-replicating crystalline forms and introduce a hefty dose of indeterminacy so even I wouldn't know what they'd do next.

How would I know about this universe? Why am I creating anything?

I guess I'd make some hot, horny, sluts. A couch. A TV. A fridge. A bed. A hot tub. And a shower.

mwc

• Like 1

How would I know about this universe? Why am I creating anything?

I guess I'd make some hot, horny, sluts. A couch. A TV. A fridge. A bed. A hot tub. And a shower.

mwc

Awesome, you just saved me from a horrible day. Thank you woohoo.gifjesus.gif .

Well I wouldn't torment my creation for eternity that's for sure. I'd give divine whoopings for those who hurt or abuse others, but none of this emotional blackmail crap that Christianity and other religions use.

-I wouldn't demand that my creation behave against their very nature.

-I wouldn't demand that someone be killed for people's sins. Heck, if a behavior was damaging enough, I'd simply not give the creation the ability or desire to do it.

-No death. Seriously, even with no eternal torment, death sucks, especially since we can't know or comprehend it. I'd allow for a state of eternal rest for those who don't want to live forever. And maybe advancement to different worlds (like a video game), but none of this death crap.

-No one would depend on me to avoid some horrific fate. One thing I hate about religion is that they give you the impression that the only source of good comes from God and that by choosing to not follow him, we're somehow asking for misery. Why not give my creation the ability to fend for themselves? I mean, that's what God is apparently doing, but there's always the implication that we'll never prosper outside of the faith.

Those are a few things I'd do differently.

• Like 1

I would create all kinds of beings, probably a lot like what we have now.

They would be unable to feel pain. I'd give them some sort of a sensation that would make them realize that something isn't right with their bodies, but it would not be pain.

There would be no illness and injuries would heal up immediately, and lives would be long.

Death would be gentle and there would be reincarnation.

All the violence would be taken out of them. They would be created knowing only peace.

They would be more in tune with the health of the planet.

There would be no famine.

I would make myself known. I would be down here helping my creation and being a real and tangible being.

I would require no worship.

• Like 1

I'd make everything as it is now, except all material would be nerf. It'd be a kinder, gentler world. You could drive your nerf car at 100 miles an hour into a nerf tree and everything would be okay.

A universe made of nerf.

Exactly as it is now so I could see this forum come into being with questions such as these. ;)

Everything would be made of pizza, and I would eat said pizza. Thus says the pizza god.

Exactly as it is now so I could see this forum come into being with questions such as these. wink.png

So the kind of god you'd choose to be would be one that didn't exist? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Exactly as it is now so I could see this forum come into being with questions such as these. wink.png

So the kind of god you'd choose to be would be one that didn't exist? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

:lmao: Not quite what I had in mind, but that works. :)

I'd leave things exactly as they are, but then I'd mess with science in random ways. For example, I'd make it so that one day, every time NaOH was mixed with HCl anywhere in the world the only product was pepsi. Then the next day everything would be back to normal and it would never happen again. Then, once enough time had passed that humanity had virtually forgotten about the strange pepsi incident, I'd make it rain gatorade for like 20 minutes.

Then I'd sit back and watch the Christians interpret these troubling events as signs that the end is near.

I would want my creations to be happy and I wouldn't inflict suffering on them unless they inflicted suffering on each other. Even then, I would only punish the ones responsible. I would also be more visible so no one could doubt I was there. If they want to worship me, sweet, if they don't, I understand they have lives to live. Also, they wouldn't have to kill for food and people could take a nap with a lion or a bear who would just be chill and snuggle with them. Maybe I'll even let my creations evolve into some sort of energy beings with a higher consciousness. Then I would just move on to the next creation.

I would be the most un-contradictory, obviously-apparent, non-childish deity ever. So, the complete antithesis to yahweh. If i knew that according to my plan billions would be tortured in the worst imaginable way for all eternity, I wouldnt create them, end of story. To do so is sadism. Only a clearly malevolent being would create an entity knowing full well that in the future it would end up being thrown into hell. Before i had kids I used to actually think about not having any so that I wouldnt be responsible for them spending an eternity in hell if they thought differently than christians did. So, that clearly makes me better than yahweh.

Also, I'd have a hoverboard with a flux capacitor.

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

I would create a world exactly resembling the room with the chocolate river in Willy Wonka (the 70's version, not the new one), snd II would oncarnate myself as Gene Wilder.

Stupid non-spell-checking iPhone!

I would make it of two possible options:

A: Futurama reference again: a big blob that when you come to my dimension you forget all your troubles and just love freely to all equally---except I would allow robots...

B: Make you all with explicit fossil records available to falsely show you were made by accident in the "Big Bang" and move on to the next realms doing much the same. No Heaven, No Hell. Just my spreading my seed across the universe one cell at a time, but without child support worries...

No Christian responses on this thread. I can imagine why. Saying you'd do things differently than God implies God is not perfect, which is an insult to Christianity. We don't believe in a God who would be offended by us suggesting we'd do things differently, so we're the only ones contributing.

• 1 month later...

I would make eating/drinking non-mandatory. The world is overpopulated and someday we might run out of food.

Free will....if somebody turned out to be a scumbag I would not let that person have free will. The fundies keep saying half the world's misery is caused by people's selfish choices. Some people do not deserve free will and I don't understand why God doesn't take it away from them. I know, I know--we can't have human robots. Well, why don't we let people like Ted Bundy do whatever they want in the name of Free Will?