Goodbye Jesus

Resist!!!!

nivek

I love this......

"Really now, there's nothing like having a tree in the house. I love the smell!"

— Holly

Have you ever considered going for a walk outside? You can smell all sorts of things there, and you don't even have to kill them!

Great post, Nivek. :Medal:

Must I REALLY state where I stand on THIS issue? Hmmm? I was on THIS particular bandwagon BEFORE it was even built!

(Trudges back into cave to plot Whoville's grisley demise. "THIS time, for sure!" :fdevil: )

I think we should support the pagan version of Christmas instead. In with Santa Claus as a replacement for God and Jesus. And in with the tree, and lets hang up our offerings to the gods in the tree as a real pagan would've done. (Like apples and good stuff for the gods to eat)

Just skip the corporate business pressured gift giving, and skip the celebration of the mythical Jesus birth.

I just love all the ligths on the house roofs...

Maybe I should look into how a pagan winter soltice should be celebrated instead? With all this kwanza and hanukka, why can't we reintroduce the winter soltice celebration?

I think we should support the pagan version of Christmas instead. In with Santa Claus as a replacement for God and Jesus. And in with the tree, and lets hang up our offerings to the gods in the tree as a real pagan would've done. (Like apples and good stuff for the gods to eat)

Just skip the corporate business pressured gift giving, and skip the celebration of the mythical Jesus birth.

I just love all the ligths on the house roofs...

Maybe I should look into how a pagan winter soltice should be celebrated instead? With all this kwanza and hanukka, why can't we reintroduce the winter soltice celebration?

I agree. I love putting up my decorated evergreen tree knowing that it is an ancient pagan tradition. Ancients pagans had the holiday first, christians stole it.

More power to the folks that want to opt out. I love it, myself. Sure, it's kind of a hassle, but the kids love it. I like the music, the decorations, the special drinks and treats.

Of course Christmas at has house is quite secular. We leave out the "Round yon virgin" stuff. We have a tree with lovely lights and ornaments. We have our music CDs (no god lyrics; just instrumental versions of the overtly religious songs, vocal renditions of secular holiday favorites).

I get lots of neat stuff from friends and family who know me like no one else. Books, beer, aquarium store gift certificates. Plus I get to hang out at Mom and Dad's house with my siblings and their kids. It's an awesome holiday for my family. No mention of God or Jesus, except Mom sometimes has a manger scene lurking about in the background.

If Christmas sucks for you, by all means boycott it. Your real friends will understand.

Guest Challenger

Too late for me guys.

I've already strung lights on two houses (so far), gotten out the decorations and dropped some change in the bell-ringer's bucket. The tree goes up on Black Friday.

And I've gotten out my Christmas jazz CDs.

This year. . .I'm gonna enjoy Christmas. I hope everyone else does also.

Ha ha, I'm in Iraq this year and won't have to put up with all the bullshit.

I agree 100%! Christmas should be boycotted....

until after Thanksgiving.

Guest DaoJones

Hi,

My wife and I tried that in 2003. Since we are primarily taoist/buddhists we didn't see any reason to celebrate this holiday anymore. It felt really weird and we didn't like it. It has no christian meaning to us anyway so we just ignore the Jaysus aspect. But it is sometimes annoying. Yesterday I was having a really good samitch in a diner and they were playing christmas music (I live in bible-belt hell) and it sucked. Take the good with the bad I guess. It has become such a commercial and secular holiday for so many, what's the point in boycotting it anyhow?