Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Dosen't Work

Margee

I agree, there is too much proof that it doesn't work (at least the born again crap). Sadly, too many fundies will still find excuses as to why someone's life wasn't better. Either they weren't true Christians to begin with, God was testing them, or it's something they did wrong. I actually found an enraging site involving a Christian cop "counseling" people who struggled the same way. His advice was enraging, blaming the already emotionally beaten down person, and saying that God doesn't owe them anything. I might post a rant on that very site, but it makes me too angry to think about.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I ran smack dab, face to face into my last pastor and his 'puppet on a string' wife and he asked me if I was going to a certain church and would I like to get together for dinner sometime? With every ounce of courage I could muster up. I said, (kindly, but firmly) ''You and I have nothing in common anymore, pastor - I am proud to announce to you today that I am a born again atheist and I've never been happier in my life - I am so thankful that I don't have to serve or pray to your invisable god anymore''!Wendytwitch.gif

He was dumfounded.. so was I......eek.gif

I told him it was nice to see him and I exited......just like that!!

I'm so happy I don't believe that shit anymore!! woohoo.gif

Wow Margee, that was brave! Wish I could have seen it.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I ran smack dab, face to face into my last pastor and his 'puppet on a string' wife and he asked me if I was going to a certain church and would I like to get together for dinner sometime? With every ounce of courage I could muster up. I said, (kindly, but firmly) ''You and I have nothing in common anymore, pastor - I am proud to announce to you today that I am a born again atheist and I've never been happier in my life - I am so thankful that I don't have to serve or pray to your invisable god anymore''!Wendytwitch.gif

Wow Margee, that was brave! Wish I could have seen it.

I have to admit Deva,I shook for a half hour afterwards, but it felt really good. This was the pastor who told me that my voice was going to be used for the glory of the lord and encouraged me into the churches blue's band where I became a big hit....... and then a year later found out I was living in sin (by another member) and pulled me out of the music ministry telling me that he felt I didn't have the holy spirit anymore.

I really wanted to spit in his face but I stayed 'nice' and got my satisfaction!!

Wow! Good for you, Margee! You got some big-ass balls, sister! :D

• Like 1

Come to Jesus time for Magee's last Canadian pastor!

And the Ex-c congregation said with a big roar,

Hell-O, And Take The Kool-aid With Ya, I (WE) Don't Want It "No" More!

And he thought you didn't have the "Holy Spirit!" Surprise!

• Like 1

Another angel earns her wings!

The more I'm on this site, the more I am learning that we don't really even need to tear the bible to peices

I enjoyed tearing my bible to pieces...right before I threw it all in the fucking garbage can.

• Like 1

Yep that pretty much sums everything up Margee.

So many people have had very reasonable doubts, the whole thing is flawed and in error. Morally, rationally and from a believability standpoint.

"And on this crock I shall build my church."

• Like 1

I agree, there is too much proof that it doesn't work (at least the born again crap). Sadly, too many fundies will still find excuses as to why someone's life wasn't better. Either they weren't true Christians to begin with, God was testing them, or it's something they did wrong. I actually found an enraging site involving a Christian cop "counseling" people who struggled the same way. His advice was enraging, blaming the already emotionally beaten down person, and saying that God doesn't owe them anything. I might post a rant on that very site, but it makes me too angry to think about.

Oh yeah, that's the main reason I left. Most hard hearted fuckers on the face of the planet.

• Like 2

Wow! Good for you, Margee! You got some big-ass balls, sister! biggrin.png

Doesn't she though, if I were into girlies I would marry her. A strong, loving honest women. Love ya Margee.

• Like 1

awesome!!!! Margee, that is first class!!!

• Like 1

you had a BLUES band in a church?

dang that entire congregation is going straight to hell with a long stop in Memphis

• Like 1

Thanks guys..... I adore everyone of you. I was a bit 'cocky' last night....seeing him brought back a lot of hurt and I just struck out with a very rebellious heart. I do remember him saying to me, ''What changed your mind?'' and I replied, 'the bible itself'! (I learned that from EX-c smiliegojerkit.gif ) and then I ran..........as fast as I could....ukliam2.gif

I feel kind of stupid right now cause it happened so fast. I normally do not speak with such detemination...but something happened to me when I saw them. This was the pastor who never answered my letter back, for those of you who remember that post a long time ago.

The point of this thread is, I just get so tired of all the apologist arguments .....I know they will fight about that 'holy' book and the scriptures for centuries to come. The evidence is right in the church! All you have to do is look at the people, to see christianity doesn't work!!

We don't need to debate the bible....Just read all the testimonies of people who join EX-c......

• Like 1

I'm sure that pastor is convinced the devil got ahold of you and sent you to the dark side. What he doesn't understand is that he is on the dark side. And, yes, I agree that the religion is self-proving to be false once one is able to stop making excuses for it (which isn't so easy to do when one is blinded by faith).

Glad you told him what you did. wink.png

• Like 1

Thanks Margee. This made me remember you talking in another thread how your churches depression support group was always full. i couldn't help but think how many more people probably could have gone but were too ashamed.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I ran smack dab, face to face into my last pastor and his 'puppet on a string' wife and he asked me if I was going to a certain church and would I like to get together for dinner sometime? With every ounce of courage I could muster up, I said, (kindly, but firmly) ''You and I have nothing in common anymore, pastor - I am proud to announce to you today that I am a born again atheist and I've never been happier in my life - I am so thankful that I don't have to serve or pray to your invisable god anymore''!Wendytwitch.gif

That is awesome, Margee. Just awesome. I really respect the guts it must have taken to say that. Think about how far you have come in your journey to be able to not only think that, but to say it out loud.

• Like 1

Oh, and I have to say, I was reading your original post, Margee, and thinking to myself, "Yeah. Yup. She's right. Yup. Yeah, that's right, too." And then I got to the part about what you said to your former pastor, and thought, "HOLY SHIT! NO FUCKING WAY! ALL RIGHT!" It was like a firework going off in my head: loud and happy.

• Like 1

God-DAMN Margee! You have some ovaries of STEEL, girl!

I'm so proud of you. :)

• Like 3

Wow...just...wow, Margee. Oh, gosh, please don't "feel stupid"! That took courage and wisdom...!! You sound much more like a martyr to me!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys..... I adore everyone of you. I was a bit 'cocky' last night....seeing him brought back a lot of hurt and I just struck out with a very rebellious heart. I do remember him saying to me, ''What changed your mind?'' and I replied, 'the bible itself'! (I learned that from EX-c smiliegojerkit.gif ) and then I ran..........as fast as I could....ukliam2.gif

We don't need to debate the bible....Just read all the testimonies of people who join EX-c......

Well done margee, it sounds like there was a bit of anger built up there, I wouldn't feel guilty or cocky, he asked you a question, you answered it, I'm sure if you just answered that you are an atheist, he would of come back with something guilt ridden and cocky.

I hope I have the balls to do that when I'm in your position.

Scottie.

• Like 1

Very impressive Margee!! I am truly proud of you, that took guts.

• Like 1

If you ever go to a Christian discussion forum, you will see that all of the discussions are all basically about trying to formulate excuses for why Christianity doesn't work. Thats what a good portion of all sermons, bible studies, and fellowship groups consist of as well. After you become a Christian, you will spend thousands of hours just trying to plug the holes.

• Like 3

Yesterday, I ran smack dab, face to face into my last pastor and his 'puppet on a string' wife and he asked me if I was going to a certain church and would I like to get together for dinner sometime? With every ounce of courage I could muster up, I said, (kindly, but firmly) ''You and I have nothing in common anymore, pastor - I am proud to announce to you today that I am a born again atheist and I've never been happier in my life - I am so thankful that I don't have to serve or pray to your invisable god anymore''!Wendytwitch.gif

Wow, that took guts. Props!

• Like 1