Goodbye Jesus

Prayer

CDFree

Christians, why does your "god" not answer prayer?

Oh, but he does!! Every day! /sarcasm

my answer is always yes, no or wait forever, saith the lord....... but mostly no and wait forever.......

He does, you just have to learn to recognize it. You see, when something good happens, its an answer to prayer. Even if you didn't pray for it. God knows the desires of your heart. Of course, when something bad happens, God works in mysterious ways. And if nothing at all happens, then you just need to wait on the Lord and have faith. After all, God's time frame is not ours. We don't know his plan. He works all things together for the good, and so on. But no matter how you look at it, God clearlyanswers prayer.

Except when he doesn't. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much all the time.

It doesn't matter if god answers prayers or not, as long as he keeps hearing good things about himself.

• Like 1

He does, you just have to learn to recognize it. You see, when something good happens, its an answer to prayer. Even if you didn't pray for it. God knows the desires of your heart. Of course, when something bad happens, God works in mysterious ways. And if nothing at all happens, then you just need to wait on the Lord and have faith. After all, God's time frame is not ours. We don't know his plan. He works all things together for the good, and so on. But no matter how you look at it, God clearlyanswers prayer.

Except when he doesn't. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much all the time.

Precisely. God means for people to starve to death or have their loved ones die in violence. Oh, he might cherry pick some people's loved ones to live, but the others are supposed to die for his "plan."

So far I'm not convinced to come back to Christianity yet. Not sure why...

Precisely. God means for people to starve to death or have their loved ones die in violence. Oh, he might cherry pick some people's loved ones to live, but the others are supposed to die for his "plan."

So far I'm not convinced to come back to Christianity yet. Not sure why...

Yup, that's what sold it for me too!!!

You're just not praying hard enough.

"God does answer prayer!" But I am sure that there is some hidden sin in your life!"

I might as well have spent 20 years praying to the cooker.

Every time somebody finishes praying I swear I heard the voice say "The number you have reached is not in service or does not exist." MFW talkalot.gif

Every time somebody finishes praying I swear I heard the voice say "The number you have reached is not in service or does not exist." MFW talkalot.gif

haha I love it!!

The excuse I heard yesterday was that God doesn't "answer" your prayer because hes gonna show the answer to you in the future. I didn't buy that for one minute.

Yeah, but you can't pray for yourself you have to pray for other people. Because, you know, asking God not to kill you when you have cancer is selfish.

Also you have to really REALLY mean it!

Also, you have to bow your head and pray exactly the way God wants you to while doing a handstand, playing a tuba, and juggling baby octopi. Otherwise, he won't do anything at all. ;)

I just got back from the hospital, as I was dropping off a tasty thank you for the nurses who have helped us recently. I ran into a Christian acquaintance in the emergency room. She is a former "prayer warrior", as they are called, and is invariably kind, gracious and generous. Three years ago she began suffering from a hideous extremely rare (1 in a million?) neurological disease and just two days ago lost her ability to walk. She is in constant agony.

She still has faith in God.....that he knows what he's doing.

I'm waiting for a Christian to pop into this thread and explain why this woman's prayers are going unanswered. Do you prognosticate that she will simply rot to death? Does this glorify your God?

You're just not praying hard enough.

Or maybe you're praying in the wrong direction.

Several years ago, a young Muslim friend of ours spent a few days camping out on our couch. The first morning, he asked me, which way is east? I assumed he wanted to know which side to wait on for a particular bus at the nearby subway/bus station. But, I have an awful sense of direction, and I pointed him in the opposite direction.

Years later, I found out that he was trying to orient himself so he could face the proper direction (toward Mecca) when praying. Unfortunately, I had the poor boy mooning Allah.

He (the Muslim guy, not Allah) still blames me and this incident for any and all hardships he encountered in life since then.

Oh well, that's what he gets for fraternizing with infidels.

• Like 3